Page 132 of 390 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by NEBison View Post
    1 of the 2 starters is back and that's Tutsie. He has good range. Probably a better coverage guy than tackler IMO. The other one will be a bit of a question at the beginning of the year
    Tutsie was one of the top 3 tacklers fyi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Tutsie was one of the top 3 tacklers fyi.

and the leader in INTs. good player all around

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Well, you missed highlighting the most important part of what makes NDSU's program so competitive and successful over the years. Thanks OK, I figured you wouldn't understand.

You seem to ignore good points when they're presented to you - or wave them away with a lazy response.
    What was the most important part that is exclusive to North Dakota State's mentality out of all organized sports, near and far?
    That you try hard? That you play to win? That you expect to win?

Have to call you out on this one. There can be no equating the culture of these two programs. One has sixteen National Championships. Have you ever seen first hand that Friday afternoon practice in Frisco?

Listen, I'm not trying to make light of what NDSU has accomplished. It is no doubt impressive and I have been there to witness much of it. That said, I have thought for many years we are an FBS caliber team playing an FCS schedule. We are vastly superior in every phase of the game than 90% of our opponents. I don't want to say we can sleepwalk through our schedule, but to some degree, we can. Power 5 is not this way, largely due to teams being more financially equal in comparison to the FCS where there are a handful of programs (NDSU, Montana, MT State, JMU, etc) who invest in their program in a way that translates to winning.

My point is that you don't have to be a multiple-time national championship program to foster a hardworking, winning culture. If you, as an NDSU fan, think that the Bison team has some monumental advantage because they have played in big games, i.e the FCS title you'd be wrong. I get that the Rose Bowl is not the national championship game, but its an enormously huge game on a much larger stage than the FCS title game. I mean heck, the Rose Bowl probably had more tv viewers than all of NDSU's games combined. As they say, its "The Grandaddy of them All".

Lots of teams, FCS and FBS, have strong winning cultures. Some just happen to play in divisions or conferences that present a much larger challenge on a week-to-week basis.

Default NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    I wrote a 10,000 word preview for you on our team that you ignored. You can disagree with me but I’m not some idiot who doesn’t do my homework. I have watched all-22 of your games with JMU, UC Davis and ISU, I’m familiar with your personnel and really like Volson (projects at guard), Lance and Cox. Think all 3 have a shot at the next level. You guys squeaked games our last year against teams that we would beat by 35 99/100 times. This Oregon team 1-85 is the best team we have ever had. Not just the best team you’ve ever played the best team Oregon has ever had in terms of overall talent and depth. We will see how the new QB does and if it manifests in another great year but if it doesn’t it won’t be because we lacked ability across the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You need to keep in mind that literally EVERY team NDSU plays is hell bent on knocking them off. Each and every week those teams probably spend more time in season and off season preparing for NDSU than NDSU will spend preparing for the Ducks. FBS wins are great but they are meaningless for our conference and national championships. That said over time our program has demonstrated an inability to lose. They are just bad at it.

I know you have bigger, faster, stronger, smarter and let’s face it, prettier at every position across the board. But they award your guys all those stars for their potential. They give our guys those rings for their accomplishments. Do you see the difference? Do you think it just doesn’t matter?

Edit: note to any Bison player who might get wind of this post and take offense about not being pretty. Nobody on this forum has ever seen me in the flesh and certainly does not know where to locate me. I am in fact not a real person. If you spend your good money hiring an investigator to find me you will just be throwing good money away.

Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by NEBison View Post
    1 of the 2 starters is back and that's Tutsie. He has good range. Probably a better coverage guy than tackler IMO. The other one will be a bit of a question at the beginning of the year
    This is the way I see this going based on the schemes. If NDSU plays a soft 2 deep coverage and is willing to play Oregon with even numbers in the box Oregon is going to run the ball effectively. 6 on 6 box play is really 6 on 5 because Oregon is going to eliminate one player on basically every run play with either a Zone read or RPO tag. Oregon historically will stay patient and run the ball till you feel the need to go to a one high structure to get the box numbers evened out. Then it’ll come down to matchups out wide and QB play. Oregon’s projected starters at WR all have really good length and Redd the slot is a water bug, just super quick. How the nickel, and corners can matchup. Moorhead has often gone empty out of 11 Pers to isolate linebackers and safeties on Te’s and RB’s in coverage I’m not sure how much we will show in this game though.

If I’m NDSU I’m stacking the box, playing 1 high and making Oregon beat me out wide. It’s the less proven way to lose. I think playing 2 deep and surrendering numbers in the box is a good way to get the ball ran for 300 yards and a lot of long drives.

Inversely I’d expect Oregon to play a lot of stacked box cover 1 looks. Have a guy for Lance in the ZR game and play a lot of man/bump and run on the corners. That’s how we played both Utah and Wisconsin who are schematically more similar to NDSU. Avalos the DC has a lot of faith in our DBs in man. But it’s week 1, maybe they’ll play more vanilla. Regardless we will be in Nickel most of the game esp unless you play a lot of 12 Pers.

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

You need to keep in mind that literally EVERY team NDSU plays is hell bent on knocking them off. Each and every week those teams probably spend more time in season and off season preparing for NDSU than NDSU will spend preparing for the Ducks. FBS wins are great but they are meaningless for our conference and national championships. That said over time our program has demonstrated an inability to lose. They are just bad at it.

I know you have bigger, faster, stronger, smarter and let’s face it, prettier at every position across the board. But they award your guys all those stars for their potential. They give our guys those rings for their accomplishments. Do you see the difference? Do you think it just doesn’t matter?

Edit: note to any Bison player who might get wind of this post and take offense about not being pretty. Nobody on this forum has ever seen me in the flesh and certainly does not know where to locate me. I am in fact not a real person. If you spend your good money hiring an investigator to find me you will just be throwing good money away.

You mean to tell me that a MVFC title will bring more exposure and attention than beating a top 10 FBS team in their own house?
    And that the Bison won't be preparing in the majority of their offseason for Oregon?

Quote Originally Posted by DuckDuckGriz View Post
    You seem to ignore good points when they're presented to you - or wave them away with a lazy response.
    What was the most important part that is exclusive to North Dakota State's mentality out of all organized sports, near and far?
    That you try hard? That you play to win? That you expect to win?
    What are you a moron? I said you missed it earlier so go back and read my posts. Hint....it has to do with generations of winning at NDSU
    and the connection former players have with current players. Over the past 56 years NDSU has only 3 losing seasons and have won 16 national championships. Lots of long time tradition there that kicks ass on anything Oregon has done in football. Yep, the Ducks have won some bowl games, but so have many FBS teams. Try going thru a real playoff and getting it done as much as NDSU has......that is tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    What are you a moron? I said you missed it earlier so go back and read my posts. Hint....it has to do with generations of winning at NDSU
    and the connection former players have with current players. Over the past 56 years NDSU has only 3 losing seasons and have won 16 national championships. Lots of long time tradition there that kicks ass on anything Oregon has done in football. Yep, the Ducks have won some bowl games, but so have many FBS teams. Try going thru a real playoff and getting it done as much as NDSU has......that is tradition.
    Those connections exist in multiple programs - FCS national titles or not.
    Oregon had mostly the same coaching staff for the better part of 35 years.
    If you think the family culture doesn't exist outside of Fargo, you're in your own world.

That's all.

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

I understand that every team you play has you circled, I’m familiar with the feeling. And it’s also unrealistic to expect NDSU to beat everyone 45-10. Playing your best every week for 12-15 games is impossible. You’re going to have some butt puckers that you have to find a way to win ugly. Hell we lost one down @ ASU last year that was like that. First games are usually sloppy but they don’t have the lack of effort or focus that can happen on a given week in the regular season. Which is dangerous when every team on the schedule wants that game more than anyone else.

In regards to game preparation you would be surprised. Oregon has a huge football building with lots of analysts who do a ton of preliminary scouting of every opponent for the next year. They already started for 2020 and before spring ball they’ll get together with the staff and start to assemble preliminary game plans for next year.

To be honest NDSU plays a pretty vanilla scheme defensively, so it’s not like you need to prepare for a bunch of exotic looks basically everything is a cover 2 shell out of a 4 man front. Hardly any blitzes or pressures. Offensively I’m sure you guys will have more stuff ready for us than we do for you but we have a new coordinator who will be installing still likely by the time we play.

I hope I haven’t diminished the accomplishments of the NDSU program. What you guys have done is unreal, seriously special stuff. What we will see in September is how FCS dynasty matches up with what should be a top 10 FBS team that has championship pedigree as well (Pac-12 and Rose Bowl champs).