Page 126 of 390 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by seaduck View Post
    I didn't know that number of players in the NFL is how a program's success was measured. I thought it was winning, which we do better than Iowa. We have better talent than Iowa and we have the success to show for it with three Rose Bowls in the last decade to their zero.
    You keep saying you have better talent, but keep failing to produce any evidence of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    You keep saying you have better talent, but keep failing to produce any evidence of it.
    Iowa has 24 and Oregon 17 and that’s total for the past 15 - 20 seasons...holy small sample size. Iowa is a good program but let’s be real, they’ve not accomplished what Oregon has in the last 15-20 seasons.

Iowa had never lossed to an FCS program either........

Quote Originally Posted by DuckDuckGriz View Post
    1. How many true freshmen starting on either side of the ball? My count is zero.
    2. The Rose Bowl is not the national championship but is a big event.
    3. "I'm not qualified to speak to schemes and play designs etc" - frankly you don't seem to know your opponent well.

But we no doubt see this as an FCS team and it will not be a pushover by any means. That we all know.
    1) I could see up to 3 true frosh starters. I see at least one between Flowe and Sewell. The latter could play a lot as an H back on offense. The JUCO transfers will compete. Some random frosh will be really good.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    I mean. They did go 12-2 against an FBS schedule filled with FBS talent. I think by proxy you could make the case that their roster is more talent-rich by asking yourself if you feel confident we could have gone 12-2 and won the Rose Bowl. They are getting high-end players that play in some of the best high school leagues in America, who also compete in various camps and combines against the creme of the crop. We are good at developing talent, but Oregon has such a head start because they have elite guys, like their freshman D-end this year, who come in and play a major role in their first season. When you have players coming in as a true freshman that not only start but dominate, I think you can make a pretty good case for who's roster has more talent on it.
    Again, I am trying to look at this in the most logical and realistic way.

Yes, I agree about Oregon being the best we will see, however that doesnt make it impossible to win. Trey Lance is the best college QB we've had for what it's worth. Id be less confident if we had a different QB.

The true matchup I am worried about is stopping the run up the middle and getting consistent pressure with our line. If we can also limit big plays, which we are good at, we will be in it in the 4th.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by goducks View Post
    Oregon went 8-0 at Autzen last year. if you think an FCS team is going to come here and beat them then you are about as delusional as it gets. i dont blame you due to the success of the NDSU program but come on. Have any players on the current NDSU squad even played vs a 5 star player? Oregon has 4 now. Has any player on NDSU played vs an FBS team? Cmon guys.
    And what was ASU's home record last year? You know, that day you got humiliated by a perennial dumpster fire?

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    Iowa has 24 and Oregon 17 and that’s total for the past 15 - 20 seasons...holy small sample size. Iowa is a good program but let’s be real, they’ve not accomplished what Oregon has in the last 15-20 seasons.
    How many national championships does Oregon have in the last 15-20 seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by seaduck View Post
    Iowa has some guys in the NFL, sure. They also haven't won a Rose Bowl since 1958. Nobody said stars are everything, but acting like they're nothing because NDSU is "tough" is blind homerism. Highly recruited players can be tough too.
    And highly recruited players tend to over look fcs teams. Its human nature.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    And what was ASU's home record last year? You know, that day you got humiliated by a perennial dumpster fire?
    ASU was an in conference bowl eligible team on the road. It’s an incredible feat to go unscathed in conference play.