Page 125 of 390 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I think if you're going to bring up your 5-star players as the big separator between competition, then bringing up NFL talent fits right in with your model of argument.
    Iowa has some guys in the NFL, sure. They also haven't won a Rose Bowl since 1958. Nobody said stars are everything, but acting like they're nothing because NDSU is "tough" is blind homerism. Highly recruited players can be tough too.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    Your analysis pertaining to Iowa is nonsense and you know it.
    What's nonsense? In what way has Iowa been a better college football program (not NFL talent producer) than Oregon?

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    And once upon a time we beat an Antonio Brown/JJ Watt team. Don’t care about 5-star players in college. We have Trey Lance. You don’t.
    I'll be the first to say that Trey is an amazing QB, but I'll also say that I don't think he will be able to do the things he does against FCS defenses when they play Oregon. It's a whole different deal when defensive ends are as fast or faster than you.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by seaduck View Post
    What's nonsense? In what way has Iowa been a better college football program (not NFL talent producer) than Oregon?
    You'll recall that it was you that is claiming that Oregon is night and day more talented than Iowa. You've had better recruiting classes than Iowa for 15 years, yet here we are with Iowa producing more actual talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by seaduck View Post
    Iowa has some guys in the NFL, sure. They also haven't won a Rose Bowl since 1958. Nobody said stars are everything, but acting like they're nothing because NDSU is "tough" is blind homerism. Highly recruited players can be tough too.
    No one here is saying Oregon is "nothing." We ARE saying that NDSU is toughER than literally every FBS team we have faced in this decade gives them credit for, and our record proves it. We are also saying that NFL talent/5-Star recruits do not mean as much as having a program/coaches/scheme that fosters a winning tradition. We are also saying that NDSU has the luxury of only facing 1 team like Oregon next year. We are also saying we have heard all of your classic FBS > FCS excuses before...

...All of these things mean to us that this game will probably be MUCH closer than you think. Win or Lose, I think you'll be surprised at how close it will be.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    You'll recall that it was you that is claiming that Oregon is night and day more talented than Iowa. You've had better recruiting classes than Iowa for 15 years, yet here we are with Iowa producing more actual talent.
    I didn't know that number of players in the NFL is how a program's success was measured. I thought it was winning, which we do better than Iowa. We have better talent than Iowa and we have the success to show for it with three Rose Bowls in the last decade to their zero.

We were built on 3-stars.

Until the last couple years, 5-stars were not a regularity for us.

Mariota was a 3-star. Herbert was recruited by Nevada and Montana State. That's it.

You may have some Duck fans here with short memory.

All very interesting chatter to be sure. You Ducks guys make some strong points about the inevitability of the game’s outcome given your immense talent advantage.

Here’s the thing though. All of the true freshmen on both sides of the ball will neither know a college football win nor a college football loss. Excepting them then the only players on the field who will know the difference will be on the Oregon sideline.

Here is another point that Kirk Ferentz tried to make to his squad back in ‘16. How many players on the Oregon sideline will be National Champions? None. Again excepting those true freshmen ALL of the players on NDSU sideline will be, some of them multiple times. They have been to big stages and they have put down the opposition. You can go ahead and calm yourself thinking that the sub-division diff makes that irrelevant. To that I say you should be glad your squad does not have you for a coach.

Oh and those guys we used to beat Iowa back in 2016? Turned out they weren’t good enough to win an FCS National Championship.

I am not qualified to speak to schemes and play designs etc. I’ll leave that to some of the former players and students of the game here. I am a bit of a student of the other parts though. You know they say that golf is played mainly between the ears. I think that is true for most sports to some degree and I most definitely think that is a huge part of the success of NDSU Football. One of the biggest advantages our team will bring to the game is right there on their uniforms for everyone to see.

Our guys also will come to the contest with nothing to lose. Well except for that 37 game winning streak, which likely means nothing at all to any of the players. As of today the 2020 Bison are 0-0, just like the Ducks.

I think despite all the paper mismatches our crew will find a way to make this coming game look a lot more like your recent Rose Bowl game than the one you played against your most recent FCS foe. Like everyone else here I am really excited for it and I am most appreciative to the Ducks for putting it on their schedule.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    And once upon a time we beat an Antonio Brown/JJ Watt team. Don’t care about 5-star players in college. We have Trey Lance. You don’t.
    Once upon a time we played Wyoming and they had an NFL qb too.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    All very interesting chatter to be sure. You Ducks guys make some strong points about the inevitability of the game’s outcome given your immense talent advantage.

Here’s the thing though. All of the true freshmen on both sides of the ball will neither know a college football win nor a college football loss. Excepting them then the only players on the field who will know the difference will be on the Oregon sideline.

Here is another point that Kirk Ferentz tried to make to his squad back in ‘16. How many players on the Oregon sideline will be National Champions? None. Again excepting those true freshmen ALL of the players on NDSU sideline will be, some of them multiple times. They have been to big stages and they have put down the opposition. You can go ahead and calm yourself thinking that the sub-division diff makes that irrelevant. To that I say you should be glad your squad does not have you for a coach.

Oh and those guys we used to beat Iowa back in 2016? Turned out they weren’t good enough to win an FCS National Championship.

I am not qualified to speak to schemes and play designs etc. I’ll leave that to some of the former players and students of the game here. I am a bit of a student of the other parts though. You know they say that golf is played mainly between the ears. I think that is true for most sports to some degree and I most definitely think that is a huge part of the success of NDSU Football. One of the biggest advantages our team will bring to the game is right there on their uniforms for everyone to see.

Our guys also will come to the contest with nothing to lose. Well except for that 37 game winning streak, which likely means nothing at all to any of the players. As of today the 2020 Bison are 0-0, just like the Ducks.

I think despite all the paper mismatches our crew will find a way to make this coming game look a lot more like your recent Rose Bowl game than the one you played against your most recent FCS foe. Like everyone else here I am really excited for it and I am most appreciative to the Ducks for putting it on their schedule.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    1. How many true freshmen starting on either side of the ball? My count is zero.
    2. The Rose Bowl is not the national championship but is a big event.
    3. "I'm not qualified to speak to schemes and play designs etc" - frankly you don't seem to know your opponent well.

But we no doubt see this as an FCS team and it will not be a pushover by any means. That we all know.