Page 12 of 390 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by MontBison View Post
    All of this. They've pretty much convinced themselves they've won the national championship for the last 15 years.
    Fuck you, Mont. You're just a closet Husky fan...

Seriously, though. After Frisco last year, I went to Jerry's World and watched the UO/OSU game. That experience really woke up and sobered up a lot of Duck fans. Not only to their team's performance, but also their fandom, and their shitty band. I absolutely hate the Buckeyes but those dudes showed that they traveled well and can make a place their own home. It was certainly impressive. Almost any Duck fan that I talk to that was at the game speaks very humbly these days.
    Insert something clever here...

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Absolutely. Our offense is built to keep the ball away from their offense and wear down their defense. Our power running game works against anyone.

Oregons offense is all about Big Plays.
    The Tampa 2 is all about preventing big plays. These big play teams don't always like to dink and dunk and get impatient. That's when deep balls are picked off, balls bounce off of hands across the middle or are overthrown into the safeties for a pick six

I say if we have a team along the same caliber as we've had we will compete. We would have to play a flawless game and have a little luck to win but it won't be a blowout. No way. I would put nothing past this team including an epic Kstate style win.
    If we have a team, and especially defense, the caliber of 12,13 I wouldn't say anything is impossible. An awful lot can change in 5 years. One thing is for sure, this year and next years recruiting classes will be incredibly important.

I hope both schools are on the same arc they are on now. One thing the top ten schools have outside of the rest of the country is absolute deadly speed up and down the roster. Yes, crazy speed, but it is real crazy speed. The one thing NDSU has done better than anyone consistently outside the top 20 schools in the nation is recruit disciplined football players who know how to embrace a system and maximize their potential within that system. If both schools are in similar places they are today, it will be speed vs. technique. Keep their offense off the field, play smashmouth disciplined football, and a lot of good things can happen. Until then there is a lot of business to take care of.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

On September 12, 2020, Oregon plays Ohio State in Eugene.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    On September 12, 2020, Oregon plays Ohio State in Eugene.

So that's the easy game to balance their OOC schedule. That's good planning.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Also, keep an eye on the Duck vs WY rematch. Wyoming playes them again I believe in 2017 and that may give us an indicator of sorts. Last years Wyoming blowout really didn't, NDSU would have been a considerably more competitive opponent last year than WY was. I'd expect WY to be playing an improved caliber of ball by 2017

5 years is a long way off but I will have to make this one.

If the Bison play the same style of ground and pound, they will be in the game.

Wow! I'm stoked we got a big name FBS game for the future! I gotta say, as excited as I am about this game, the match up worries me. Remember when Taiwan Jones destroyed our D? Try facing a team that is FILLED with that kind of athleticism. Or think back to when Oregon played Kansas State in the Fiesta bowl (2012?), it began with a sprint straight to the endzone for an Oregon TD and they never looked back. Don't get me wrong, I think NDSU can (and will) show up to play with pride, but it will be an extremely difficult game with all odds stacked against us. The other thing that worries me is how we love to rotate our players to keep them fresh. I'm not sure our guys will be able to do that if plays are being snapped within a few seconds of the last play. As tough as the game will be, I'm absolutely positive that regardless of the outcome, I will be as proud of the Herd as I've ever been. That's what makes being a Bison fan so great.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    If we have a team, and especially defense, the caliber of 12,13 I wouldn't say anything is impossible. An awful lot can change in 5 years. One thing is for sure, this year and next years recruiting classes will be incredibly important.
    Here's the guys who would play Oregon, assuming they all redshirt. Hey we know they are big enough. We got 4 olineman, 2 TEs, a QB and a running back. Got 2 linebackers and a DE. Need more players dammit!

Verbals:
    Shaun Beyer, 6-5, 210, TE, Shellsburg (John F. Kennedy), IA
    Henry Van Dellen, 6-4, 200, QB, Plymouth (Providence Academy), MN
    Ben Hecht, 6-5, 260, OL, Shawnee (Mill Valley), KS
    Gabe Lloyd, 6-5, 220, DE/TE, Green Bay (Northeastern Wisconsin Lutheran), WI
    Braydon Lund, 6-4, 230, DE/TE, Minot, ND
    Ross Kennelly, 6-0, 190, OLB, Superior, WI
    Moses Nyangacha, 6-0, 190, S, Minneapolis (Robbinsdale Cooper), MN
    Dillon Radunz, 6-6, 265, OL, Becker, MN
    Karson Schoening, 6-5, 300, OL, Rolla (North Prairie), ND
    Bryce Torneden, 5-10, 185, ATH, Lawrence (Free State), KS
    Cordell Volson, 6-6, 250, OL, Balfour (Drake-Anamoose), ND

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com