Page 111 of 390 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Ode2Luke View Post
    My bad I assumed you’d play the same # of games next season. I’ll fix it.
    Stack the box. Assume Trey can't pass. Get ready for Ohio State you guys got this. See you next fall.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Stack the box. Assume Trey can't pass. Get ready for Ohio State you guys got this. See you next fall.
    Finally some football talk. Is that how teams typically defend the Bison? Similarly the Ducks focus on stopping the run more than the pass, which is why Mike Leach at WSU was such a bad matchup. (He’s going to be scary with SEC $ and talent at Mississippi St. in a few years.). Oregon’s corners typically play on an island. But the safeties can go stronger vs pass or run depending on the personnel, one led the team in interceptions the other was instrumental in the win vs Utah and was the Rose Bowl defensive MVP vs Wis. The secondary was one of the best in the FBS last year, returns everyone and honestly upgrades with the talent they recruited.

Truth moment. Oregon beating tOSU next Fall is probably a bigger upset than NDSU beating Oregon. The Buckeyes should be playing for a NC next year.
    Last edited by Ode2Luke; 02-03-2020 at 05:23 AM.

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    The Bison are a legitimate top 25-30 program on the FBS level. Today they would be a favored over Arizona state on a neutral field, so it is more than realistic to say sn upset could happen and it wouldn't the greatest upset if all time. ASU over the ducks is actually more significant than if the Bison win.

If the Bison win, it will pretty much be the end of all P5 programs scheduling NDSU. The ducks absolutely can't start the season 0-2. They can overcome a Buckeye loss but not a Bison loss unless they follow up with a week 2 victory. I don't think they realize how much pressure they put on themselves. You can have 200 10 star recruits but if you are playing scared, it won't matter.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Guys, I think you have an incredible program.
    But this type of shit is absolutely delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckDuckGriz View Post

His statement is closer than what you would like to think.

Your statement is nothing more than FBS arrogance. Whats funny is every and I mean every FBS team we have played their fans come here and say the same thing you have. We find it very amusing . But please carry on----
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

That's actually not delusional. People just dont like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode2Luke View Post
    Finally some football talk. Is that how teams typically defend the Bison? Similarly the Ducks focus on stopping the run more than the pass, which is why Mike Leach at WSU was such a bad matchup. (He’s going to be scary with SEC $ and talent at Ole Miss in a few years.). Oregon’s corners typically play on an island. But the safeties can go stronger vs pass or run depending on the personnel, one led the team in interceptions the other was instrumental in the win vs Utah and was the Rose Bowl defensive MVP vs Wis. The secondary was one of the best in the FBS last year, returns everyone and honestly upgrades with the talent they recruited.

Truth moment. Oregon beating tOSU next Fall is probably a bigger upset than NDSU beating Oregon. The Buckeyes should be playing for a NC next year.
    Leach is at Mississippi St, Kiffins at ole miss

Why do you say this? Before you say anything about the hypothetical “ can’t last through an FBS schedule with their depth”... NDSU gets hypothetical 23 more scholarship players and they get hypothetical P5 home games.

Ok now why do you say this?

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Leach is at Mississippi St, Kiffins at ole miss
    You’re right. Good catch. Either way he’ll have an extra $40mil and better athletes.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Explain how it's delusional. Most years, the Bison are between 25 and 40 in the computer rankings.

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

But it’s not delusional. Average Sagarin rating for us the last 9 years is 31.3. If you want to say that’s inflated, fine, but I don’t think it drops us below 40.

A top 40 team is more than capable of winning this game. Notice I said capable, and not likely our would be favored, because it will be an upset if we win. All we’re expecting is we can come in and compete, and give ourselves a chance.

Cal finished last season rated #41, Washington St. finished rated #46, and Oregon St. finished rated #57. All 3 came into Autzen last season and gave you guys good games. You needed a last second FG to beat WSU by 2, Cal led late into the 3rd quarter, and OSU was within a TD in the 4th with the ball.

I’m not going to speak for others here, but if we’re in any of those scenarios, on the road against a top 10 FBS team, I’ll be content with whatever happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk