Page 110 of 390 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Ode2Luke View Post
    Put down the Iocaine powder.
    We’ve spent the last 10 years building up an immunity to FBS—er, iocane.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Dont tell them this but Oregon is the least important game on the schedule next year. We win were #1, we lose we're prolly still #1.
    Exactly and if Oregon loses their season is likely over. All the pressure's on the Ducks.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So I’m trying to figure you out. You either seem to be someone who respond to statistics with name calling because you’re embarrassed that they’re true, or you actually think FCS football = FBS football. If you’re the latter, it’s funny that you’re calling me an idiot. To quote the Princess Bride, “I don’t think you know what that word means.”

Hypothetical FBS vs. FCS challenge for you: Rank the 150 teams in each league and have them play the corresponding team. NDSU vs LSU all the way down to #150 vs #150. How many FCS wins do you see?

Flip that have NDSU play #150 all the way back to LSU vs FCS #150. How many FCS wins do you see now?
    i think you are an Idiot because you think your made up numbers are actually statistics! Nine out of ten does not make you a statistical genius. I have a statistic even a moron like you can grasp. Both teams have a 50% chance to win because there are only two outcomes.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    you think your made up numbers are actually statistics! Nine out of ten does not make you a statistical genius. I have a statistic even a moron like you can grasp. Both teams have a 50% chance to win because there are only two outcomes.
    You’re right “genius.” I did make up a number, and that’s not a statistic. I guesstimated that FCS loses 9 out of 10 games. Turns out I overestimated how competitive FCS was vs FBS. Imagine my surprise that had I rounded correctly FCS loses 10/10 games in 2019. (Actual math time: FBS record 116-3. That’s 2.5%) Now I know you’re going to retort, “You’re a moron, the FCS sucked last year!” (Is that why the Bison went 16-0? Granted the FCS was down in 2019, they won 6.3% in 2018, and 9.2% in 2017.)

As for your “50% statistic” I’m going to agree with you that NDSU has a 50% chance of winning next year vs Western Illinois, or Missouri State or any other winless FCS team on their schedule, because every game they play will be a coin flip. Of course that means their chances of going 15-0 next year is .0031%. Yeah, that’s 1 in 32,768.

Your turn Genius.
    Last edited by Ode2Luke; 02-03-2020 at 12:53 AM. Reason: NDSU plays 15 not 16 next year. My bad.

You’re right “genius.” I did make up a number, and that’s not a statistic. I guesstimated that FCS loses 9 out of 10 games. Turns out I overestimated how competitive FCS was vs FBS. Imagine my surprise that had I rounded correctly FCS loses 10/10 games in 2019. (Actual math time: FBS record 116-3. That’s 2.5%) Now I know you’re going to retort, “You’re a moron, the FCS sucked last year!” (Is that why the Bison went 16-0? Granted the FCS was down in 2019, they won 6.3% in 2018, and 9.2% in 2017.)

As for your “50% statistic” I’m going to agree with you that NDSU has a 50% chance of winning next year vs Western Illinois, or Missouri State or any other winless FCS team on their schedule, because every game they play will be a coin flip. Of course that means their chances of going 16-0 next year is .00152%. Yeah, that’s 1 in 65,536.

Your turn Genius.
    NDSU's chances of going 16-0 next year are absolutely zero. The most they will possibly play is 15.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

As for your “50% statistic” I’m going to agree with you that NDSU has a 50% chance of winning next year vs Western Illinois, or Missouri State or any other winless FCS team on their schedule, because every game they play will be a coin flip. Of course that means their chances of going 16-0 next year is .00152%. Yeah, that’s 1 in 65,536.

Your turn Genius.
    Go wipe your bum, poopy pants.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    NDSU's chances of going 16-0 next year are absolutely zero. The most they will possibly play is 15.
    ACKKKCHOOALLY

We could go undefeated through the 11 game regular season, then get an unseeded playoff spot, and have to play 5 postseason games.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    ACKKKCHOOALLY

We could go undefeated through the 11 game regular season, then get an unseeded playoff spot, and have to play 5 postseason games.
    You are correct. Now, what are the odds of going undefeated or 10-1 and unseeded?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    ACKKKCHOOALLY

No because the mvfc champion gets a first round bye.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    My bad I assumed you’d play the same # of games next season. I’ll fix it.