Page 11 of 390 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    They are the worst kind of fans. Spoiled, entitled, and they don't really know football at all. All they know in the college football world is that they are Oregon, everyone is inferior to them, and they beat everyone by 35+ at home. They will give NDSU 0 respect, and they won't know an ounce of NDSU's tradition. I would put money down that 90% don't even know our story the last 5+ years, with multiple Championships and FBS upsets.

Will be a fun game to watch to see how we can handle that offense.
    Some of their forum fans showed some respect

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Uh huh...they will sit there screaming some pretty jaw dropping things at their own players when they aren't dominating. I read an article by one of their former players who was shocked by what he heard one sitting for the first time as a fan
    Yea I remember that article too. Teams like Ohio State and other notorios classless fans at least know football and can appreciate it when it's played well if it isn't their own team. But Oregon fans don't have a clue and live in a bubble.

Some of their forum fans showed some respect
    They are the smart ones then. I'm sure there is some in every basket.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Ugh........that green looks like kelly green.
    It's a good lookin green

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

They are the worst kind of fans. Spoiled, entitled, and they don't really know football at all. All they know in the college football world is that they are Oregon, everyone is inferior to them, and they beat everyone by 35+ at home. They will give NDSU 0 respect, and they won't know an ounce of NDSU's tradition. I would put money down that 90% don't even know our story the last 5+ years, with multiple Championships and FBS upsets.

How is that different from every other P5 teams fans? Most don't know anything about teams outside the P5 and don't care to. Also they watch games for pure entertainment not for strategy or techniques or anthing else.

So you are saying theyll have fireworks and dedicate the stadium for us too?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    How is that different from every other P5 teams fans? Most don't know anything about teams outside the P5 and don't care to. Also they watch games for pure entertainment not for strategy or techniques or anthing else.
    That is most fans of any program. Then you have Bisonville, where it is a different level. I forget what all the ducks have, but it is probably the pond or whatever other boards out there with hardcore fans who talk about football and college sports non-stop. There are guys from this board who have set up their DVRs to play Bison games in their home offices from when they wake up to when they go to sleep. We have Bison brothers and sisters who would subscribe to game tape services if they could. I have only watched a game more than once a couple of times in my life. I'll look for plays here and there, but my level of involvement is at probably the 88% percentile. I am guessing the norm for Bisonville is everyone here is in the top 10% with some in the insane top 2-3%. The regular fan who does not go to message boards and might be sitting next to you at the game makes up the rest. They are not necessarily uninformed, they are just there for the immediate gratification of the tailgating and game experience. A lot of those don't even watch the away games on TV between times you saw them last. Past those who actually frequent message boards, which sets people apart, average joe fan cares about their school or team only and sometimes only because someone they care about cares about the school or team.

Stanford and AZ beat them using a ground game and style similar to ours. They aren't unbeatable but if you don't play perfect the game can get completely out of hand in a matter of minutes. They are a scary team to face
    Absolutely. Our offense is built to keep the ball away from their offense and wear down their defense. Our power running game works against anyone.

Oregons offense is all about Big Plays.
    The Tampa 2 is all about preventing big plays. These big play teams don't always like to dink and dunk and get impatient. That's when deep balls are picked off, balls bounce off of hands across the middle or are overthrown into the safeties for a pick six

I say if we have a team along the same caliber as we've had we will compete. We would have to play a flawless game and have a little luck to win but it won't be a blowout. No way. I would put nothing past this team including an epic Kstate style win.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Absolutely. Our offense is built to keep the ball away from their offense and wear down their defense. Our power running game works against anyone.

Oregons offense is all about Big Plays.
    The Tampa 2 is all about preventing big plays. These big play teams don't always like to dink and dunk and get impatient. That's when deep balls are picked off, balls bounce off of hands across the middle or are overthrown into the safeties for a pick six

I say if we have a team along the same caliber as we've had we will compete. We would have to play a flawless game and have a little luck to win but it won't be a blowout. No way. I would put nothing past this team including an epic Kstate style win.
    There's a lot of ifs and caveats with this statement, but I'm on the same page. Assuming both teams are playing a similar caliber of ball in 2020 as they have the past few years, I'd be surprised by a blow out. I still think NDSU would only have an outside shot to win, but any given saturday, man...

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

All of this. They've pretty much convinced themselves they've won the national championship for the last 15 years.