Page 103 of 390 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Ode2Luke View Post
    Granted, there are a few arguments why Bison could win next year. But with the defense Oregon will field next year, someone could seriously argue that NDSU scoring more than 3 points outside of garbage time is optimistic.
    Challenge excepted!

Quote Originally Posted by Ode2Luke View Post
    Granted, there are a few arguments why Bison could win next year. But with the defense Oregon will field next year, someone could seriously argue that NDSU scoring more than 3 points outside of garbage time is optimistic.
    OK now you're starting to get a little silly.

Typical FBS arrogance.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I'm seeing UO will have 2 true frosh starters at LB?
    Unlikely, Mase Funa, Isaac Slade-Matutui, will be two starters in front of them. Then there’s Nui, Mathis, Johnson and Cunningham who are most likely the to battle for the other starting spots vs the incoming LB’s.
    Flowe is the #1 rated ILB. Sewell is the #2 ILB (6’3”, 260# freakishly fast)
    It’s possible that one of them starts, but it’s really unlikely they both will barring injury, they’ll play for sure but there is a ton of LB depth in the system. Last year Tibedeaux didn’t win a starting job until an injury took out the guy in front of him.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

With all do respect I believe you are reading too much into NDSU being FCS. That is by name only and would strongly recommend thinking of them as a B1G team. There is no team in the country with the FCS label that is as deep, talented and assignment sound and I suppose you could throw in culture and preparation as NDSU. Does this mean we will win? no but by no means will it be a cake walk or have even the same result as say Montana or Nevada for that matter. I would compare the team you will be facing a combination of ASU and Wisconsin. You will be pleasantly surprised, or maybe not.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Are we still insisting NDSU teams from 4-5-6 years ago has any bearing on the 2020 game?
    How does Oregon losing the chipper against OSU 6 years ago have any bearing?

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    The Eagles had a big day through the air when they lost to Oregon in '15.

They passed for 438 yards (5 touchdowns).

Cooper Kupp had 15 receptions for 246 yards and 3 TDs.

And.....EWU had to insert a freshman quarterback early in the 3rd (Reilly Hennesey) when stater Jordan West went down with an injury.

Oregon secondary must have had been dinged up or something. Obviously, Kupp was/is a helluva receiver.
    Nope, our DC was over his head. We had talent, but schematically we were a mess. We led the whole game by at least a couple touchdowns, but it was ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by charlestonduck View Post
    Nope, our DC was over his head. We had talent, but schematically we were a mess. We led the whole game by at least a couple touchdowns, but it was ugly.
    In your mind is there any chance our QB will be better than ours?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by westnodak93bison; 01-31-2020 at 11:37 PM.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    How does Oregon losing the chipper against OSU 6 years ago have any bearing?
    Don’t ask me. I never said it did

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    You are right but ndsu is not your typical fcs team. I'm not confident we can beat the Ducks but I'm confident they will show up and give it their A game.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I have no doubt NDSU will represent themselves as well as they can. Could even win. Just going to be a really different caliber of Jimmies and Joes than any of our guys have played against. Oregon and Iowa/Kansas State do not shop at the same grocery stores. Going to be a really unique challenge. Really looking forward to seeing how NDSU looks in this one.

For context..

Oregon 247 Recruiting Rankings
    2020 #12
    2019 #7
    2018 #13
    2017 #19
    2016 #27

Iowa 247 Ratings
    2016 #47
    2015 #59
    2014 #58
    2013 #56
    2012 #40

Oregon has recruited well. Obviously recruiting isn't everything but...damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    FWIW, the final 2019 Sagarin ratings have Oregon 11 points behind LSU and NDSU 15 points behind Oregon so the gaps aren't that much different.
    I mean, LSU this past year was pretty historic at least on the eye-test. I'm not sure where they rank compared to other champions but...lmao the SEC title + the CFP was downright terrifying.
    College of Business Alumnus