Page 33 of 390 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Their admin would rather schedule AL and get pummeled than schedule us and take a risk of getting beat. Their staff knows their players would over look us and pay the price. It's a no win deal for the University of Spoiled Children.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    This was a really dumb post. They dont schedule Alabama with "we are gonna get pummelled" in mind. USC is a major power in college football. The PAC 12 is not very good right now, but if you look up the definition of "blue blood" or in the dictionary, USC will be there. That's a top 10 job in the country for coaches and players.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    I would like to respond to your point number 3. Personally, I think the CFP suck. No room for error (one bad game and you're screwed). I see nothing wrong with an expansion to 8 teams. Do you?
    You can drop a game and still make the playoff. You no longer necessarily control your destiny..but you are still in a good spot with one loss. FBS football is the best season in collegiate sports and it isnt even close.

8 is as big as it should get. Even 8 sorta starts to water it down but that would shut people up so if that's what they do it's fine with me.
    College of Business Alumnus

AL would pummel USC. Check out the final Sagarin for an unbiased opinion. I guess Jeff is stupid as well?

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    This was a really dumb post. They dont schedule Alabama with "we are gonna get pummelled" in mind. USC is a major power in college football. The PAC 12 is not very good right now, but if you look up the definition of "blue blood" or in the dictionary, USC will be there. That's a top 10 job in the country for coaches and players.

You can drop a game and still make the playoff. You no longer necessarily control your destiny..but you are still in a good spot with one loss. FBS football is the best season in collegiate sports and it isnt even close.

8 is as big as it should get. Even 8 sorta starts to water it down but that would shut people up so if that's what they do it's fine with me.

And that is your opinion.
    My opinion: I think you could make college football even bigger with more playoff teams. I know casual FBS fans, like my friends and I, would get more excited about it if there were a bigger playoff bracket for FBS. It just makes it more exciting for the casual fan.
    It would be like college basketball for fans like us that don't pay much attention until tournament time. Right now, we watch the occasional football game if it happens to be on tv at home or in a bar, but not paying much attention to it at all.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think that so long as they limit it to 4, teams that don't win their conference should not be eligible. And if they expand to 8 the top G5 school should get in. That would make things more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    AL would pummel USC. Check out the final Sagarin for an unbiased opinion. I guess Jeff is stupid as well?

Everybody not named clemson would get pummeled by alabama.

When they schedule these games YEARS out...do you think USC thought the score would be 52-6? How are they supposed to know the machine Alabama was that year? Same with every fbs team that schedules ndsu and loses.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

8 is by the far the best number in my opinion. 5 conference champs, highest ranked G5 team, and 2 at large teams. This still keeps the regular season as important.

But of course they won't go that direction because they feel this is too hard on the student athlete. What a fraud since they allow that many games in the FCS and it would affect so few teams.

USC needs to do what is best for them. Yes it would be fun to play them.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

I'll add my opinion and say I'm all for expansion of their current playoff. 8 feels like its a good number and I would even like 12 or 16.

My rationale is simple: If you expand it and guarantee a spot for conference winners, it still makes the regular season important and it gives more conferences a better chance at recruiting top talent. Think about it, if you are able to say to your recruit "we win our conference and we're in the top collegiate football playoff with a chance at winning a national championship," its a heck of a lot better than current state.

I could be wrong but I think over time the playing field would even out and it would be a lot more fun for all fans of college football.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Everybody not named clemson would get pummeled by alabama.

When they schedule these games YEARS out...do you think USC thought the score would be 52-6? How are they supposed to know the machine Alabama was that year? Same with every fbs team that schedules ndsu and loses.
    Precisely...

The CFP would be better with 8, but I would take 6, Each P5 conference puts their best in and the best of the G5. #1 and #2 get a first round bye...we just need some variety to watch, and you never know when someone catches lightning in a bottle to win it.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I'll add my opinion and say I'm all for expansion of their current playoff. 8 feels like its a good number and I would even like 12 or 16.

My rationale is simple: If you expand it and guarantee a spot for conference winners, it still makes the regular season important and it gives more conferences a better chance at recruiting top talent. Think about it, if you are able to say to your recruit "we win our conference and we're in the top collegiate football playoff with a chance at winning a national championship," its a heck of a lot better than current state.

I could be wrong but I think over time the playing field would even out and it would be a lot more fun for all fans of college football.
    Yes some vital details I failed to mention in my post. Very good points. I also believe the playing field would level out as time passes.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I was going to reply to this but I'm not sure how.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― George Carlin
    Carlin was a true genius.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.