Page 357 of 390 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359367 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Pffft... your Nike deal picks 6 mil out of its belly button.
    phil knight's toejam has 6 million
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Spring is here. The ducks are back! Sure hope they don't get beat by 6 million. That'd be embarrassing.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by DuckDuckGriz View Post
    Whoa. I thought you guys were big time...

https://footballscoop.com/news/the-h...-programs-are/
    If they count money coming in from student activity fees that likely explains why JMU is at the top. I believe they have one of the highest student activity fees.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Spring is here. The ducks are back! Sure hope they don't get beat by 6 million. That'd be embarrassing.
    So if its quacks it must be a duck?

Is this the same fanbase bitching about our Nike deal?
    Bison football doesn't need all that flash to be big time. In fact, I doubt anyone in the football program thinks of NDSU as big time. But come September 5 the Oregon players and coaches will find out who the Bison are.........think of a entire herd of them coming at you........hear the thunder?

Quote Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb Bison View Post
    Absolutely remember that. Actually, I believe you hosted us overnight for that same trip on the way down. Beautiful home
    Down to $219 round trip (FAR - Eugene) from Thursday to Sunday on Kayak (which redirects to the United website) or $233 on CheapOair.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Whoa. I thought you guys were big time...

https://footballscoop.com/news/the-h...-programs-are/
    Yet somehow NDSU probably has more championships than the total of other 24 teams in that list. Any Ducks fan should know that $$$ != championships.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I don't see much posting by the Oregon visitors anymore, but in case they come back I posted the following in the Depth Chart thread and want to get some feedback from Duck fans. NDSU's offensive front will likely be very close to this and will be very experienced (15+ games per year), and you can count on they will be strong and well conditioned (we got Kramer). I think Oregon might have to be more worried about stopping NDSU's offense than the other way around.

Can't wait to see next years monster blockers take the field and blow out defenders (even those 5 star players at Oregon):

TE Noah Gindorf JR 6'-6" 266#
    LT Dillon Radunz SR 6'-6" 301#
    LG Nash Jensen JR 6'-4" 331#
    C Karson Schoening SR 6'-5" 300#
    RG Zach Kubas SR 6'-4" 298#
    RT Cordell Volson SR 6'-6" 312#
    TE Josh Babicz JR 6'-6" 252#
    FB Hunter Luepke SO 6'-1" 246#

This starting front 5 (without TEs and FB) average 6'-5" and 308.4 pounds. Lots of experience and toughness on the Bison O-Line! Add to that the size, catching ability and experience of 2 returning TEs. And then there is the outstanding punishing FB we have in Luepke who can run and catch well for a big man. Going to be fun to watch with the stable of 4 or 5 good RBs we have coming back! And we got Lance as our QB and Watson and Sproles for WRs!

Not saying you shouldn't be excited for your offensive line, but that's not a particularly large group by FBS standards. According to an article I found from last summer, that's basically an AVERAGE-sized OL in the Pac-12 … and considerably smaller than Oregon's line. Here's the article if you care to see for yourself. https://crescentcitysports.com/size-...nemen-of-2019/

And for what it's worth, Oregon allowed 3.3 yards per carry last year against a schedule including some tough, physical running teams like Wisconsin, Utah, Washington, Stanford, etc. And this defensive front only lost a few contributors from the 2-deep. Perhaps more importantly, the secondary returns everyone from what was an excellent group, so they'll be able to commit extra guys in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckLurker View Post
    Not saying you shouldn't be excited for your offensive line, but that's not a particularly large group by FBS standards. According to an article I found from last summer, that's basically an AVERAGE-sized OL in the Pac-12 … and considerably smaller than Oregon's line. Here's the article if you care to see for yourself. https://crescentcitysports.com/size-...nemen-of-2019/

And for what it's worth, Oregon allowed 3.3 yards per carry last year against a schedule including some tough, physical running teams like Wisconsin, Utah, Washington, Stanford, etc. And this defensive front only lost a few contributors from the 2-deep. Perhaps more importantly, the secondary returns everyone from what was an excellent group, so they'll be able to commit extra guys in the box.
    Heard stories like this before. Will Oregon be tough? Yep, but so will NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Heard stories like this before. Will Oregon be tough? Yep, but so will NDSU.
    Exactly - you'll be tough. But to suggest your OL will be overwhelming or something the Ducks won't be prepared for is simply wishful thinking. And the Ducks' D is simply the best unit you will have faced in a LONG time (probably ever). Talented, deep, well-coached.