Page 345 of 390 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345346347355 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I'm not saying we are going to be able to air raid on you guys but I think you are missing something in all the tape you've been watching if you don't think NDSU can throw downfield.

One line item would be - Watson | 34 receptions | 732 yards | 21.53 average yards per catch
    All the tape he watched? James Madison. And his mind was made up. Doesn't need to watch any other games. Oregon is better.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by RatherBeYachting View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree. Especially after a few years at the end of the Helfrich era where I knew a 3rd and 17 would be converted. I was trying to drive home the point that calling Oregon's defense the 22nd best in FBS is a bit deceiving when it only references total yards instead of more relevant statistics like yards per play, red zone defense, 3rd down conversions, turnovers, etc.

That will be one of the keys to the game. On offense NDSU converts at an FCS best 50% clip, while Oregon's defense is very aggressive on early downs to set up their third down defense.

I've been trying to look at some NDSU videos and stats when I get bored at work. It's been interesting.
    Cool. I would call UO's defense probably top 10-15 last year. I dont think NDSU can afford to get down 14-0 like we did to Iowa State in 14. Must match scores and hope to be down no more than 7 at half.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    All the tape he watched? James Madison. And his mind was made up. Doesn't need to watch any other games. Oregon is better.
    Well, they HAVE to be, because, you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Herbert's feet won you guys the Rose Bowl. From what I've seen of your back-up, he would not of had that ability if he started. Plus, it's you guys who keep ripping on our Oline for being suspect despite giving up 13 sacks (if I remember correctly) in 16 games.

The point I'm making is that you guys like pick at NDSU's minor flaws as being a major problem while totally ignoring the same flaws (which are bigger) of your own team.
    It's the same FBS BS in only a slightly different package: "We respect NDSU but we are better at everything." Over and over again. Got it.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    We had 12 Seniors. One was there. Bro.
    That was just on offense.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    Last year was a rebuilding year at ndsu.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    Some of your fans (maybe it was 1) here were poo-pooing Iowas NFL talent. Which side do you want to take?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Now you are just playing with the numbers.

Oregon being #9 as you say is based on SR CFB ranking, or some similar stat, not the NCAA stats obviously because they are #22 in that ranking for total defense.

Using SR CFB, the 2016 Iowa defense was #13, not number 19 as you indicate.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...m-defense.html
    No I’m using applied statistics that account for SOS, garbage time, etc. not raw stats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oregon is going to have a new OC, new QB and 4 new olinemen. It's safe to say they will not be on the same page game 1. I think they will struggle a bit but that's just my opinion. Duck fans seem convinced they will dominate from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Last year was a rebuilding year at ndsu.
    That wasn’t the point.