Page 183 of 390 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Wasn't there a tweet from Montana about bragging how they held Oregon to only 35 points? I don't remember 100%, but I remember it being a head scratcher.
    Montana took the interesting approach of trying to run out the clock, no matter what the score was ... and got enough first downs to make it happen. Oregon seemed to be agreeable, willing to take the win and get ready for league play. Bohl used the same strategy when he brought Wyoming in a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I hate the transitive property in sports, but have already seen the UO-Montana score pimped. You know if we had played the Grizz this past year and it was close, it would be getting talked about.

I just knew you guys would downplay it since it doesnt play into the 42-17 or whatever narrative you guys are predicting for this game. haha
    Honestly, I would give two shits about it. I haven’t memorized any of your score lines. I look at depth charts, returning experience, and match up issues.

I saw 180 pound corners, one backer over 225 and both DTs under 290. I see the 4th quarter being tough row to hoe for NDSU. I’ve already seen the rebuttals to this about rotation and invoking the spirit of Bison past. It’s a really tough matchup for your inexperienced and light DL.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    Honestly, I would give two shits about it. I haven’t memorized any of your score lines. I look at depth charts, returning experience, and match up issues.

I saw 180 pound corners, one backer over 225 and both DTs under 290. I see the 4th quarter being tough row to hoe for NDSU. I’ve already seen the rebuttals to this about rotation and invoking the spirit of Bison past. It’s a really tough matchup for your inexperienced and light DL.
    I'll repost this here in case you missed it elsewhere: How many times have we heard this drivel?

Probably. And I do agree with the Duck poster that said they could have put up a couple more TD in that game if they wanted.
    If they were interested in running up the score I'm sure they would have. Hell, they beat Nevada the week previous 77-6. One thing to keep in mind is that Oregon was without 3 starting wide receivers and their starting tight end the first 4 games of the season. Eventually, two of the receivers got healthy and the offense was much more cohesive. Those first few games were a bit dysfunctional from the standpoint of a passing game due to having all those guys get hurt in the final week of fall camp. Hopefully, the same bad luck won't strike again this fall.

Oregon also monkey thumped Nevada (ended the season at 7-6) the week before their Montana win. The score in that one was 77-6. The ducks racked up 623 yards of offense.

Thumbs up Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I wasn’t being sarcastic nor arrogant; rather, literal. BK and subway is all I have, plus a decent football team 40 miles south.

My brother and I are looking forward to being out there for a day or two before game and having some fun and enjoying the better-than-we-have offerings (He lives on a reservation—literally). Gonna be fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Glad we get the real you now, this guy I can have a beer with... I will apologize now for any other Duck trolls that crash this board and they will... I know you and QB11 didn't hit it off very well, but give him a chance and you two will be making beautiful music together and the rest of us can learn a bunch... (was the making beautiful music together over the top?)

Probably. And I do agree with the Duck poster that said they could have put up a couple more TD in that game if they wanted.
    Montana drove passed midfield 2 times and the second time we had 9 combined true or redshirt freshman in the game. That, Nevada and Colorado, and Arizona were our least competitive games last year

Quote Originally Posted by seaduck View Post
    Not just the transitive property... a three step transitive property with Oregon winning 35-3 while playing redshirts as a negative lol
    Another Duck_uck here to puff chest and tell Bison fans how talented the Duckies are and how this always wins games. The Bison only losing 8 games in 10 years and several FBS P5 victories during that time tells me they can compete. Then again all this Quack intimidation has me really worried so as MNLonghorn would post, 52-7.

Thumbs up Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Love Keith Jackson in the booth.
    The best or what the young kids say "The GOAT"...

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

How do NDSU fans feel about the runningback position?