Page 174 of 390 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    i know right?

A fellow bison fan asked why I like our Delta formation and suggested it’s just basically a hybrid wildcat, run formation. I responded that we’ve passed with success out of it.

The reason for that is that it allows us to be in a balanced formation (you know what I mean), which allows us to both run and pass given there is no “strong” side for the D to adjust/line-up too. It works better in the pro’s because of hash marks being more narrow, but still works for us depending on how the opposing D decides to defend. And we can run Power out of that formation without motion, although we often do just to check coverage in the event we audible out of run.

But I really like power out of it.

Go Ducks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That sounds a lot like what Florida ran often in the Tebow days, is that right?
    Devastating. He was the perfect QB for that.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaghook View Post
    I like that CAS has confidence in NDSU vs OU in this one.
    Man that just sank in. I sure hope he gets nervous the first week in September.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Swaghook View Post
    I like that CAS has confidence in NDSU vs OU in this one. We'll be out there for the game then spending a week making our way back home taking in sites as we go. Still way early in planning but would really like to take in a day of deep sea fishing.

You’re the Bison (not Bisons) and we’re UO (not OU).

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    You’re the Bison (not Bisons) and we’re UO (not OU).
    Thats pronounced Bizon. But you knew that.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    A list of restaurants with their expertise would be appreciated. No chains please. IMO you will do better without the leading jackass comments. If you are here to get your trolling jollies then just leave now. Now back to our regular scheduled programs-----
    Alright i will get to compiling for a new thread of Eugene reccos

Until then, I will make a few yuk yuks

Looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by DuckDuckGriz View Post
    That sounds a lot like what Florida ran often in the Tebow days, is that right?
    Devastating. He was the perfect QB for that.
    I don’t know what Florida ran with Tebow—been awhile, but, in the event you are actually interested in fundamental (and NDSU football) here you go (and kinda sounds familiar to my last post—>No?)—> https://blogs.usafootball.com/blog/6...ison-s-success

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    i know right?

A fellow bison fan asked why I like our Delta formation and suggested it’s just basically a hybrid wildcat, run formation. I responded that we’ve passed with success out of it.

The reason for that is that it allows us to be in a balanced formation (you know what I mean), which allows us to both run and pass given there is no “strong” side for the D to adjust/line-up too. It works better in the pro’s because of hash marks being more narrow, but still works for us depending on how the opposing D decides to defend. And we can run Power out of that formation without motion, although we often do just to check coverage in the event we audible out of run.

But I really like power out of it.

Go Ducks.

Delta (or triangle as I used 2 call it) rocks! How many TDs did morlock Catch out of that baby? Mike "the wanna be mustache" berlotti wont no what hit him! The thing that gives me most confidence in this game '(besides "fading" QB 11s "film study"), is our former coach Cain at ASU, when he was on 1660 a few months ago , just kind of gave off a dismissive chuckle and said well b fine against the ducks

Quote Originally Posted by DuckDuckGriz View Post
    Alright i will get to compiling for a new thread of Eugene reccos

Until then, I will make a few yuk yuks

Looking forward to it
    Thank you. We will be out there for almost a week and we like good(great) food. Really like the atmosphere of the old fashion supper clubs. WE also enjoy a variety of foods from Mediterranean, steaks, Italian, seafood, pizza, Mexican etc etc. Local eateries with local seasonal foods are good also.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but there's a legend by the name of FishDuck who breaks down the Ducks' schemes, trends, observations, etc each season.

Here's a speculative look at what Joe Moorhead's offense may look like. Heavy on the speculative. It'll be interesting to see the dynamic between Cristobal & Moorhead.
    Our last OC, Arroyo, drew the ire of Ducks fans for his conservatism - but I believe that Cristobal has the first and last say in our tempo, playcalling and plan of attack.

Here's the article on Moorhead
    https://fishduck.com/2020/01/the-joe...nd-formations/

That Delta formation article was a great read. I love seemingly simple schemes that aren't so at all, where execution is gospel.

Different style, but one of the most beautiful offenses to watch were those Georgia Southern option attacks of the 80s & 90s.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Thank you. We will be out there for almost a week and we like good(great) food. Really like the atmosphere of the old fashion supper clubs. WE also enjoy a variety of foods from Mediterranean, steaks, Italian, seafood, pizza, Mexican etc etc. Local eateries with local seasonal foods are good also.
    Should be fresh dungies to be had that time of year. Super sweet if you cook em live, not at all like you get when frozen/precooked like us landlubbers are accustomed to.