Page 84 of 390 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    I think this will be the first game in a long, long while that the opponent has a more talented O line.

But NDSU should have a solid advantage at QB. I really hope Cox is back to his peak form by then.
    Possibly because of how great their recruiting is but they will be very inexperienced and our o-line next year will be incredibly good. Our o-line will be better than most of the other pac-12 teams. It will be one of the best lines the Ducks will face next year

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Possibly because of how great their recruiting is but they will be very inexperienced and our o-line next year will be incredibly good. Our o-line will be better than most of the other pac-12 teams. It will be one of the best lines the Ducks will face next year
    I agree, that's why I was careful to say more talented. Oregon is stacked with future NFL bodies, but we'll see how preparation and game plan have an effect on the outcome.

This O-line is not going to go in completely inexperienced.

First, they're anchored by one of the best offensive linemen in college football, if not the best, in Penei Sewell. And while I tend to wear my own shades I think most of America would agree with that.

Then, there are guys coming in with reps - though the bottom line is that it's four new starters. The majority of the defensive line returns, including Kayvon Thibedeaux, Jordon Scott and Austin Faoliu. The latter two opted not to declare for the draft. These guys will go up against one another in practice all spring and fall. KT is credited with sharpening Sewell, and remember Cristobal's specialty is the O-line. I believe that Oregon has a clear advantage on the D-line which will be these guys' first opponent.

But when the lights come on, we all know that can be a different story.

So, not denying the inexperience, but I don't think it's going to be like a lot of other teams replacing those starters. And I will concede that NDSU's d-line will be a very early test.

I think we will use Cox as an edge rusher a lot more in this game

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DuckDuckGriz View Post
    I hate to tell ya but the secret has been out on NDSU for a while. I don't think you're sneaking up on anybody.

It makes me feel better for us that it's the first game and our guys will come out pumped (as will yours, of course).
    I’m only paraphrasing but when we played Iowa I think it was their DC had a defensive meeting and asked everyone who has won a national championship to stand up... obviously no one stood and he basically told his team that NDSU should make them nervous.

I get what you’re saying but I think there’s a we’re still a step above these guys no way they beat us thought in the back of many players heads and when they do realize NDSU can matchup with them they are in a battle.

Should be a fun game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If Oregon game plans for NDSU based on what they saw in the Championship the Ducks are going to be in trouble.

SafeTeeJ is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    If Oregon game plans for NDSU based on what they saw in the Championship the Ducks are going to be in trouble.
    Sink and dunk with off balance run an short pass plays. Give try the run after first check down and we should move the ball. Defense will be the key.
    "The bird is in your hand"

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    That's what has me so pleased with Entz and the rest of the current staff. They are willing to create a game plan based on what will win, not just run power football because that's their identity.

I don't think anybody who had watched this season of BISON football could have foreseen 10 pass attempts, 10 or 12 runs by the backs, and 30 rushes by Trey. Even the most vocal advocates for having Trey run in the Chipper game were saying something like 20 runs at most.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    I think this will be the first game in a long, long while that the opponent has a more talented O line.
    Maybe. How many NFL guys does NDSU have next year, 3?
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    Maybe. How many NFL guys does NDSU have next year, 3?
    I'll bite. I assume you mean off of the 2020 team. Most likely? Dillon Radunz, Cordell Volson, Jabril Cox. Possibility? Josh Hayes