Page 59 of 390 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by garbageman View Post
    Where are people staying at in Eugene?
    I have room booked at the Best Western in Springfield.

I do not know yet if it will be just the wife and myself or if I will be bring my boys, ages 6 and 4.

The calendar is weird in 2020, and I will have to miss the first Friday of school next year to make it to the game. But it is a long weekend with Labor Day on Monday, so that it a plus.

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Anyone have info on ticket availability through NDSU?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    I ran into a guy wearing Ducks gear at a local farmers' market in Seattle last weekend. I said "Go Ducks" or something similar to engage. I said I was excited to come to Autzen when my team played the Ducks the first game of the season next year. He said, "Ohio State?"

When I clarified I was a Bison fan, he said, "Ahh, you guys are the sacrificial lamb next year. I hope you like being the victim." I just responded that I thought it would be a fun environment and the Bison may surprise some Oregon fans. He gave me an incredulous look and said, "Yeah, I know who you guys are. But you'll be playing against some of the top recruits in the country in some positions." He named a few specifically for me. (I have no recollection of names, nor would I probably know who they were anyway.)

He seemed offended by my cheerful optimism and wanted to "put me in my place." I just offered my prediction that I felt it would likely be a closer game than many may guess, decided by no more than a couple TDs, and that I was excited to come see the environment of Autzen for the first time. He continued to press, saying, "Nah, the environment won't be very good for that game. No one will be excited about it. The NEXT weekend when Ohio State comes to town, though... THAT will be rocking!"

Not surprising, but win or lose, I sure hope I see him again next year. I have no doubt he'll remember the conversation and have more respect for the Bison after watching them give the Ducks all they can handle. Of course, I hope we win. And I do think that is a possibility, but I'm confident the Bison won't be embarrassed on the field.

P.S. I get why Ducks fans are confident in general about playing an FCS team, but I think they have pretty short memories when another slightly lesser FCS team like Eastern Washington can go toe-to-toe with decent Pac-12 teams. And then make the realization that NDSU must be at least a bit better than EWU if they've won 7 of the last 8 FCS titles. Let alone the fact that they were beaten this year by Arizona State (who incidentally is rated lower by both Sagarin and Massey compared to NDSU). It shouldn't be too hard to put the pieces together for even a moderately knowledgeable fan that NDSU is capable of giving Oregon a scare or even winning.
    That dude sounds nervous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    That dude sounds nervous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not at all. Just ignorant. Most PAC12 teams know their FCS experience to be Portland State, Montana, Montana State, Northern Arizona, Sac State, Davis, and Cal Poly. They know that EWU is a bit better. They just don't know the difference between all that and the Herd.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Not at all. Just ignorant. Most PAC12 teams know their FCS experience to be Portland State, Montana, Montana State, Northern Arizona, Sac State, Davis, and Cal Poly. They know that EWU is a bit better. They just don't know the difference between all that and the Herd.
    Agree. He didn't seem nervous at all. He even seemed to think he "knew all about" the Bison. (In his own words.) He was just ignorant, as he doesn't have enough data points to come to the proper conclusion. And even with enough data points to make a sound prediction, the Bison could still get blown out, as he seems to think will happen. It's just not very likely.

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Getting disrespected is good. Somehow they never learn and we have thrived on it.
    I agree with this

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    If you go by comparative scores, Oregon beats Montana 35-3. Montana State beats Montana 48-14. We beat MSU 42-14.

Just booked our room at the Comfort Suites in Springfield. Eugene was 50.00 more a night.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

For what it’s worth, that Springfield hotel complex, where the Comfort Inn and Super 8 etc. are, is pretty convenient. There’s quite a few spots to eat and drink (I liked Hop Valley Brewing), and there is an Autzen shuttle right on Gateway and the Beltline. Have fun, just might have to drive down and watch myself.

time to start the "NDSU scouting the Ducks" thread on thier board!! that'll get em going...
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?