Page 296 of 390 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    The Ducks’ back-up LT is better than KSU’s was. Just ask them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know you’re being facetious but Oregon did play the better version of KSU and that team’s athleticism was subpar. It’s one of least athletic good teams we’ve faced in a BCS bowl game. In fact, I would say it probably was.
    Last edited by bisonduck; 02-16-2020 at 04:45 PM.

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Lol, who cares? Why are we talking about other FCS teams? This line of thinking is stupid.
    Because they will never get it. Most of their fans will align us with PSU

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Well, the dream of the 90s IS alive in Portland...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Even the casual fans know NDSU is different.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    Even the casual fans know NDSU is different.
    May want to check with Luke on that assumption...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Default NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Are they as deep as the 2016 EWU team NDSU played? I believe that team sets the standard in regards to opposing teams WR corp.

2016 EWU wasn’t as deep it had 2 really really good guys at the top though. Both Kupp and Bourne have had good NFL careers and were great college WR’s. We don’t have a proven commodity on the level of Kupp but we have some good guys and the group is 7-8 deep with a couple guys that certainly have legitimate NFL upside. For consistency going into the year we don’t have a Cooper Kupp but I wouldn’t even be a little bit surprised to see Devon Williams become a guy like that. Our WR history is actually pretty average even despite having a good offense. Most of our best WR’s were shifty undersized catch and run guys that don’t project as well to the NFL. IMO our best WR recently was Darren Carrington who absolutely pissed away his talent by getting in trouble so much he tanked his own stock.

In terms of 2020 we have
    Johnny Johnson III: 6’ 205, been productive but has struggled with drops at times. Not a burner but has good body control, more of a possession guy.
    Jaylon Redd: 5’8 175, jitter bug, slot speed guy. Dangerous in the short area on screens, RPO and actually a really tough little runner from a contact balance perspective. Is prone to fumble the ball through the end zone at least once a year extending for a TD. Lol
    Bryan Addison: 6’5 190, long rangy guy with good speed. Came in really, really light (175) and has a wiry frame that is finally ready in year 3 as a RS Sophomore. Good speed kind of a well balanced do it all guy.
    Devon Williams: 6’5 210, long, explosive, guy who moves like a much smaller man. Highest upside of the group had to sit out this year as a transfer in from USC he’s a RS Sophomore as well.
    Mycah Pittman: 6’ 200 had a great freshman campaign despite missing about half the year with a combination of broken collarbone and broken arm. Might be the pound for pound toughest kid on the team, he’s just a baller.
    Bonus:
    JR Waters: 6’3 185
    Was having a great fall camp before breaking his foot and having season ending surgery that caused him to Redshirt in 2019. Fastest WR on the team, burner with really fluid transitions. Can get in and out of his breaks for a longer guy. He could be a guy no one is talking about that makes a big impact in this game because of his speed/size.

Someone want to fill me in on what impact the 2007 App State win over Michigan has to do with 2020 UOvNDSU?

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    2016 EWU wasn’t as deep it had 2 really really good guys at the top though. Both Kupp and Bourne have had good NFL careers and were great college WR’s. We don’t have a proven commodity on the level of Kupp but we have some good guys and the group is 7-8 deep with a couple guys that certainly have legitimate NFL upside. For consistency going into the year we don’t have a Cooper Kupp but I wouldn’t even be a little bit surprised to see Devon Williams become a guy like that. Our WR history is actually pretty average even despite having a good offense. Most of our best WR’s were shifty undersized catch and run guys that don’t project as well to the NFL. IMO our best WR recently was Darren Carrington who absolutely pissed away his talent by getting in trouble so much he tanked his own stock.

In terms of 2020 we have
    Johnny Johnson III: 6’ 205, been productive but has struggled with drops at times. Not a burner but has good body control, more of a possession guy.
    Jaylon Redd: 5’8 175, jitter bug, slot speed guy. Dangerous in the short area on screens, RPO and actually a really tough little runner from a contact balance perspective. Is prone to fumble the ball through the end zone at least once a year extending for a TD. Lol
    Bryan Addison: 6’5 190, long rangy guy with good speed. Came in really, really light (175) and has a wiry frame that is finally ready in year 3 as a RS Sophomore. Good speed kind of a well balanced do it all guy.
    Devon Williams: 6’5 210, long, explosive, guy who moves like a much smaller man. Highest upside of the group had to sit out this year as a transfer in from USC he’s a RS Sophomore as well.
    Mycah Pittman: 6’ 200 had a great freshman campaign despite missing about half the year with a combination of broken collarbone and broken arm. Might be the pound for pound toughest kid on the team, he’s just a baller.
    Bonus:
    JR Waters: 6’3 185
    Was having a great fall camp before breaking his foot and having season ending surgery that caused him to Redshirt in 2019. Fastest WR on the team, burner with really fluid transitions. Can get in and out of his breaks for a longer guy. He could be a guy no one is talking about that makes a big impact in this game because of his speed/size.

Who will be considered your #1? Curious as that is who Hayes will likely line up with. As of now we dont have a slot corner which could be a problem. Our #1 guy Bridges played a lot in the slot this past season but he graduated. 2020 #2 guy Talbert got burnt a bit when he was in.

Default NDSU vs Ducks

Who will be considered your #1? Curious as that is who Hayes will likely line up with. As of now we dont have a slot corner which could be a problem. Our #1 guy Bridges played a lot in the slot this past season but he graduated. 2020 #2 guy Talbert got burnt a bit when he was in.
    We didn’t really have a number 1 in 2019. Historically Moorhead’s offenses have had good distribution as well. There were games last year where Juwan Johnson seemed like the #1, games where Redd was the guy, so on and so forth with JJ3. If you put a gun to my head and make my pick I think it would be Williams but honestly it’ll be a group effort.

Does NDSU attach their best corner to the #1? Or do they play field/boundary like Oregon does.

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    Someone want to fill me in on what impact the 2007 App State win over Michigan has to do with 2020 UOvNDSU?

It doesn't, but with 7 months to go you have to expect to sidetrack a time or twelve.