Page 293 of 390 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303343 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptown View Post
    Yep agreed on all counts. And as I said in another comment, I wouldn’t bet on the Ducks to cover the spread, because I think you guys have a hell of a team.

It’s also okay for you to think that 2013 NDSU would beat 2020 Oregon. That’s not elitist arrogance. It’s just recognition that rosters change year to year. I would certainly be nervous about lining up across from Wentz. Oregon fans just happen to think this is going to be our strongest team (top to bottom) in a long time.

Case in point: the 2015 team had Mariota (please be gentle ... he’s our GOAT), Royce Freeman, Buckner and Armstead on the line, blah de blah ... and we got torched by tOSU because our LBers were slow and small. The 2020 team might have some unproven players, but people a lot smarter than me (including QB, give him a fair chance) don’t see any position group as a major liability.

I think enthusiasm for the development of our roster is being mistaken as arrogance, but it’s not my job or place to tell anyone how to interpret things
    This is fair. For the record, 2013 was Brock Jensen (one of our GOATs) under center, not Wentz.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    This is fair. For the record, 2013 was Brock Jensen (one of our GOATs) under center, not Wentz.
    Pardon the ignorance. Realize now how off my timeline was for Wentz. We’ve had a pretty good stretch ourselves going from Dixon > Masoli > Thomas > Marcus > VA > Herbert. And we feel pretty good about Shough, although you never know when the lights come on.

Think it’s been addressed here already, but the staff looking for a grad transfer this year was more about the depth/experience behind Shough. Fan base is pretty pumped up about him.

Pardon the ignorance. Realize now how off my timeline was for Wentz. We’ve had a pretty good stretch ourselves going from Dixon > Masoli > Thomas > Marcus > VA > Herbert. And we feel pretty good about Shough, although you never know when the lights come on.

Think it’s been addressed here already, but the staff looking for a grad transfer this year was more about the depth/experience behind Shough. Fan base is pretty pumped up about him.
    Have heard this and the little tape I’ve seen looks promising.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don’t see any way Oregon wins by more than 24. Pretty sure every Ducks fan here thinks this will be a tough, hard-fought game. My guess is something like 31-20. My point was that it’s not crazy to assume that tOSU > Oregon > NDSU on paper, which I think most people would agree with.

Wouldn’t be shocked if a couple of big plays swing the game in NDSU’s favor, but I do think that everyone here would take Oregon straight up if money was involved. And if I’m wrong about that, always up for a bet
    I wouldn’t bet against NDSU. I think it makes sense that OR will be better and they should be and should be favored by multiple scores, but Bison flat bring it in these scenarios. Bison can win, they know it and they are going to play like it.

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

K state finished just outside the top 4 in 2012, they lost their Heisman finalist QB and a few other pieces and lost to the Bison in their 2013 season opener... Sound familiar?
    KSU had a pretty good AA LT too believe hes on the Bears. Emanuel did well vs him.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    KSU had a pretty good AA LT too believe hes on the Bears. Emanuel did well vs him.
    Locket and Thomson were better receivers than what the Ducks field but our corners aren’t on par with what we had then. I like Hays he would have only been nickel on that team

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    The Ducks’ back-up LT is better than KSU’s was. Just ask them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Yeah but he was only the winningest qb in NCAA history before Stick took that title a few years later. Total pud.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    The Ducks are lucky to be playing us when they have as good of a team as they project to be this year. Any other year and I wouldn’t be concerned at all.
    Aside from about 2 years in the last 25 or so, NDSU is probably the only FCS team that would have a chance to win a game vs Oregon.

This might be the first time in football history that a really good FCS team plays a really good FBS team. It should finally answer some of the how does top tier FCS rate vs nearly top tier FBS. Yes Oregon is a near elite program, but not quite where the top tier FBS is. That top tier tOSU, Clemson, Alabama, LSU and maybe Georgia.

(Yes I know that App State was #1 and Michigan was #5, but MI ended the season 8-4 and unranked, after a bowl victory they climbed back to 18th. App state ended up winning their 3rd FCS natty and ended the season getting votes in the AP poll, finishing 34th.)

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Yeah but he was only the winningest qb in NCAA history before Stick took that title a few years later. Total pud.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    And that QB that was in between Jensen and Stick... who was that again?