Page 284 of 390 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334384 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    We lost to USD a couple years ago with Wentz at qb. Bobcats beat tigers sometimes. We would be more competitive against Ohio St. than a portion of the B10 is. If your D is as good as you think it will be you guys will as well.
    Absolutely but there is a big gap between Ohio State and #2 in the B1G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    No the argument is that tOSU> NDSU so if we can’t beat NDSU we can’t beat the better team. It’s not complicated. You can disagree but my line of reasoning is obvious and simple.

a 2 td favorite wins 75% of the time

the range between NDSU and OSU might be 4 td's

you can underperform against us by 2 td and overperform against OSU by 2 tds
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

How is it transitive I’m not saying that because school a beat school b by x and school b beat school C by Y and School C beat school D by Z that school A is better than school D. Im saying a Tiger would kill a Bobcat in a cage match.

It’s transitive on steroids... You’re saying that because Ohio State is way better than NDSU (not because they played and they won, just projecting that they’re better), that if Oregon loses to NDSU, there’s no chance they’ll beat Ohio St. if that’s not transitive, then you don’t know what transitive is.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Who started this whole mess anyway about what would happen to Oregon's season if they lost to NDSU? ��
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    It’s not unreasonable to say that the gap between NDSU and Oregon is about the same as the gap between Oregon and tOSU. If NDSU can punch up and take down the Ducks, the Ducks can equally as well punch up and take down the Buckeyes.

Now this is a statement I can get behind. And tend to agree with. I think just as the top 2-3 FCS teams are far superior to the rest of their division. I feel the top 2-3 FBS teams are just that as well.

I guess what I'm saying is until Oregon proves they are a top 2-3 FBS team they are in the other tier of good almost great teams in their division. NDSU has proven they are in the great to unthinkable in theirs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Now this is a statement I can get behind. And tend to agree with. I think just as the top 2-3 FCS teams are far superior to the rest of their division. I feel the top 2-3 FBS teams are just that as well.

I guess what I'm saying is until Oregon proves they are a top 2-3 FBS team they are in the other tier of good almost great teams in their division. NDSU has proven they are in the great to unthinkable in theirs.

Is it likely that we beat Oregon AND they turn around and beat tOSU? No. But either happening isn’t unreasonable and both happening is every Bison fan’s pipe dream so that’s why we’re talking about it. [emoji869]

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    Is it likely that we beat Oregon AND they turn around and beat tOSU? No. But either happening isn’t unreasonable and both happening is every Bison fan’s pipe dream so that’s why we’re talking about it. [emoji869]

Ha ha! Hold on now there sport. MY pipe dream is that NDSU wins the CFP. And Trey “ice veins” Lance wins the Heisman.

Go big or go home baby!
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post

100%. Oregon, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Georgia, Baylor, Florida, Penn State were all tier 2 teams last year. And there was a big difference between that group and Clemson, LSU, Bama (with Tua) and Ohio State. Idk enough about the FCS hierarchy but I’m sure it’s similar. Gun to my head I get killed if I predict either of the first two Oregon games wrong I’m saying Oregon beats NDSU and Ohio State beats Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Ha ha! Hold on now there sport. MY pipe dream is that NDSU wins the CFP. And Trey “ice veins” Lance wins the Heisman.

Go big or go home baby!
    To make that happen I know what you have been smoking.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

100%. Oregon, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Georgia, Baylor, Florida, Penn State were all tier 2 teams last year. And there was a big difference between that group and Clemson, LSU, Bama (with Tua) and Ohio State. Idk enough about the FCS hierarchy but I’m sure it’s similar. Gun to my head I get killed if I predict either of the first two Oregon games wrong I’m saying Oregon beats NDSU and Ohio State beats Oregon.

Guessing Vegas agrees with you on the latter. They only have to be “right” 50.xxxxx% of the time though and then make it on size.
    Don't believe everything you think.