Page 272 of 390 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282322372 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Honestly might not be a bad thing. I could see the no pick streak becoming a psychological barrier to where he fears throwing passes that ultimately make the offense more dangerous. Not saying that’s happened but it easily could. Imo 35td 3int is better than 28td 0int though I’ll take no picks with glee as long as that doesn’t become the determining factor in the passing game.
    I will be just flipping giddy if Trey completes his Bison career with no pick sixes.

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

It will be interesting to see how he responds to an int., but I doubt he went through HS without throwing one.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    That's gotta be QB11. All the same arguments... "We tip the cap to NDSU, respectfully, but sorry, not gonna happen."
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    That's gotta be QB11. All the same arguments... "We tip the cap to NDSU, respectfully, but sorry, not gonna happen."
    Definitely not me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohio State may be down a couple guys. One a “slot corner” assuming that is Nickelback

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    What a buffoon. So "He just doesn't see it" that is the Bison winning, but then it seems like he is trying to convince himself of that......all while diminishing Bison accomplishments. Yep Oregon recruits are all world.......but are they tough and can they play as a team when they get surprised and physically beat. Bison will not come in scared or lacking confidence. Can't wait to see the Oregon players in the 4th quarter with hands on their hips, exhausted and beat in their shiny uniforms!

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    What a buffoon. So "He just doesn't see it" that is the Bison winning, but then it seems like he is trying to convince himself of that......all while diminishing Bison accomplishments. Yep Oregon recruits are all world.......but are they tough and can they play as a team when they get surprised and physically beat. Bison will not come in scared or lacking confidence. Can't wait to see the Oregon players in the 4th quarter with hands on their hips, exhausted and beat in their shiny uniforms!
    We've seen it before, and I expect to see it again. And if it doesn't happen, I'll be the first to tip the cap to the ducks and their fans and wish them luck on the rest of their season. Until then, I expect to win, just like our players do every Saturday.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    So is it only teams from FCS or lower-tier FBS conferences that can be tough? I hate that the argument against Oregon's claims of superior physical ability is so often "they are soft" ... "they don't have the will to win" or the sort. The Ducks won multiple games in which they trailed by 10+ points in last season, including Washington (in Seattle) and USC (in LA). They trailed 3 different times against both Washington State (including with less than a minute to play) and Wisconsin. They won all four of those games. That doesn't sound like the profile of a team that is easily defeated mentally. Make whatever argument you want for NDSU's chances of winning the game but this one just doesn't hold water.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I would bet on Lance throwing his first pick vs you.
    That's incredibly impressive that Lance went 28:0 on TD-INT ratio as a freshman. Watching the JMU game he looked more like a Tim Tebow or Jermiah Masoli, but I've watched his highlights since then and he can definitely sling it. He can throw some ropes. Puts a bit too much air under it at times, but I think that's better than a pure fastball guy; gives pass catchers a chance to make a play.

It also looks like Lance handles pressure really well, and can obviously turn it up field. We gave up a few plays to dual threat QBs last year, although we were shutting down their pass. Auburn's Bo Nix made some plays with his legs. Cal only got one TD on a lucky first drive, but their QB Modster gashed us a few times.

Oregon did lead the P-5 in interceptions, with 20 at 1.4 per game. Some of these things are kind of obvious, but the strategy is this: shut down the middle on running downs (top-10 in YPC), be aggressive with pre-snap movements to confuse the QB (out of teams that saw as many/more passing attempts only Georgia and LSU forced worse QB ratings), and then come after the QB with good edge rushers and creative blitzes (top-10 in P-5 in sacks). Of course everyone wants to do that on defense, but after we went through a stretch of pillows defense and were depleted on talent on that side it has been fun to watch as an Oregon fan. Holding five opponents without a TD, and another at 7 points, is something we hadn't done since LBJ was president.

From what I read on here y'all have a good left tackle. That might be the match-up to watch, Radunz vs our own 2019 star freshman who wears #5. I'm sure you're already tired of hearing about Kayvon Thibodeaux, but he will be one of the keys in this game. In addition to his 9 sacks, where he didn't start until halfway though the season, I counted 3 INTs that were a direct result of his hits on the QB. He also caused so many false starts and holding penalties that it made a huge difference. If you want to watch his highlights, not for some shitty internet message board scouting but because unique football players are fun to watch, his highlights that start getting really good at 2:20 in:

Glad you watched more than just the title game to get your impression of Lance because anyone that only watches that game is missing 50% of his skills and abilities imo. The game plan that day was to beat JMU so they put Lance in a position to do just that. You can watch many other games this year where it flat out demoralized teams with his arm, or combo of moving around/out of the pocket and keeping his eyes downfield to throw a strike.