Page 232 of 390 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242282332 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDweller View Post
    Would NDSU be able to massively out recruit their competition as they do now though? I have to imagine the winning tradition and high likelihood of playing for and winning a title is a pretty easy sell for fringe FCS/FBS players. But if NDSU wound up in a group of 5 conference or even power 5 conference that advantage would be completely lost. The way the system currently works basically predicts the same 5 ish teams will be competing for the CFP on an annual basis with an occasional outlier mixed in. I have a pretty hard time believing they would remain even close to the status quo especially given the recruiting disadvantage being in Fargo would present in that scenario.
    Totally agree and pointed that same thing out in another post. Which I am sure is long lost about 30 pages ago with seemingly another page being added to this thread every minute.

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    The issue I have with the typical FBS fan is that they have bought into the beauty contest mindset of the FBS championship. A teams greatness is measured in star ratings and hypotheticals, not necessarily results on the field. Is Oregon better than us on paper? Yes. Does that matter? Not one fucking bit! The game will be played on September 5th and it will play out. Why do you need us NDSU fans to concede to you before then? We’re not eligible for the Dr. Pepper vagina trophy. You don’t have to prove your better than us in that beauty contest. Just beat us on the field and you’ll be able to go back to measuring dicks with the rest of the FBS juggernauts.
    Sir, this is a Wendy's....

The issue I have with the typical FBS fan is that they have bought into the beauty contest mindset of the FBS championship. A teams greatness is measured in star ratings and hypotheticals, not necessarily results on the field. Is Oregon better than us on paper? Yes. Does that matter? Not one fucking bit! The game will be played on September 5th and it will play out. Why do you need us NDSU fans to concede to you before then? We’re not eligible for the Dr. Pepper vagina trophy. You don’t have to prove your better than us in that beauty contest. Just beat us on the field and you’ll be able to go back to measuring dicks with the rest of the FBS juggernauts.
    This is not true in any sport.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I'll just put this here. Enjoy the comments section folks.

https://fishduck.com/2020/02/ducks-f...#disqus_thread

Somebody should let that one commenter know that K State was in fact a reigning Champion. Otherwise pretty correct.
    A lot of respect from the Ducks fans in those comments.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

To be fair, isn’t that what pre-season polls do?
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    No because Iowa and KSU werent bad those seasons. Do some research.
    This. Such nonsense. Both teams finished with decent records and put some all pro players in the nfl. 2019 Oregon just wasn’t that much better than 2016 Iowa. Sorry duck fans

Quote Originally Posted by DuckDuckGriz View Post
    The only thing truly offensive here is that you call this the second best thread of all-time and don't even mention #1.
    For threads we can still access, my $$ is on http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...8-Carson-Wentz. We actually debated whether he should start the championship game after coming back from injury, vs sitting for his backup (who don't get me wrong was pretty good for us too).

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    Can we come to a mutual agreement that Oregon isn’t like the crap sandwiches that you’ve played and NDSU isn’t like the crap FCS teams we’ve played and move forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Funny enough if you read between the lines in all the posts this is what is being said by both sides. LOL

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DuckDuckGriz View Post
    This is not true in any sport.
    FBS football is more like figure skating than it is like any other major sport. The 4 playoff teams strive to impress a subjective panel of judges rather than use objective measures to determine their champion.

A team's greatness is measured on the field. A team does increase the likelihood of being great by...shocker...getting the highest rated kids out of high school.
    College of Business Alumnus