Page 227 of 390 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    And you all act like Oregon dominates the FBS, which they cannot even dominate the 2-all-time-playoff-wins Pac12 conference. You’re not Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma, LSU, etc.
    All I'm getting at is you can't acknowledge NDSU as having an advantage because they have played and won on a big stage when Oregon has played on a bigger stage and also won. Both teams are better for having had that experience.

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    What's wrong with Wisconsin/Packer fans?

Do we have a beef with the state of Wisconsin?
    idiot white trash losers. No one likes Wisconsin, especially the stupid ass packers... and they have the same color scheme as Oregon so I will hate Oregon now too.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnow View Post
    You forgot FCS, is that real???

Yes, of course it's real but your schtick is getting old Charles... Every Duck fan that has come to this board has nothing but respect for your alma mater...
    Right - just as every other FBS crew that has wandered through in the past.

"Tons of respect for your program, BUT..."

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    And you all act like Oregon dominates the FBS, which they cannot even dominate the 2-all-time-playoff-wins Pac12 conference. You’re not Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma, LSU, etc.
    We have won more playoff games than Oklahoma just an FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    idiot white trash losers. No one likes Wisconsin, especially the stupid ass packers... and they have the same color scheme as Oregon so I will hate Oregon now too.
    NDSU is green and yellow too?

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDweller View Post
    Would NDSU be able to massively out recruit their competition as they do now though? I have to imagine the winning tradition and high likelihood of playing for and winning a title is a pretty easy sell for fringe FCS/FBS players. But if NDSU wound up in a group of 5 conference or even power 5 conference that advantage would be completely lost. The way the system currently works basically predicts the same 5 ish teams will be competing for the CFP on an annual basis with an occasional outlier mixed in. I have a pretty hard time believing they would remain even close to the status quo especially given the recruiting disadvantage being in Fargo would present in that scenario.
    NDSU in a FBS conf such as MWC, AAC or even MAC would straight Dominate Recruiting. We'd easily pluck the top 4-5 kids from UNI, SDSU regional schools and take kids from Minnesota/Iowa/Wisconsin that want to be FBS and might not get much playing time at those 3.
    NDSU would dominate.

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    I’d assume there are some prospects the NDSU staff pursue and would really like that choose MAC or Go5 schools over the Bison. If you were at that higher level wouldn’t you be able to win those battles and upgrade the talent pool?

At the Go5 level what do you REALLY have to offer that you don't have at FCS if you're NDSU?

• More money games against P5's?
    • Opportunity to be in a crappy bowl game (most seasons.... yes, I know sometimes they get NYD games)
    • A chance at nationally televised games

At the FCS level at NDSU student athletes have:
    • Opportunity to play for championships
    • The occasional FBS/P5 game
    • A chance for College Gameday to visit
    • A chance to play for a school that is a national brand (maybe not a MAJOR national brand, but well known due to their dominance)
    • Nationally televised playoff/championship games

I'm not sure that the G5 argument is > the FCS argument if the FCS school is NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Right - just as every other FBS crew that has wandered through in the past.

"Tons of respect for your program, BUT..."
    Can we come to a mutual agreement that Oregon isn’t like the crap sandwiches that you’ve played and NDSU isn’t like the crap FCS teams we’ve played and move forward

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    I’m having fun, hopefully none of the Bison posters are taking anything personal. I don’t want to ruin a thread so if you ever want me to fuck off just say the words and I’ll exit

NO NO. Fuck Off and Stay ! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    At the Go5 level what do you REALLY have to offer that you don't have at FCS if you're NDSU?

• More money games against P5's?
    • Opportunity to be in a crappy bowl game (most seasons.... yes, I know sometimes they get NYD games)
    • A chance at nationally televised games

At the FCS level at NDSU student athletes have:
    • Opportunity to play for championships
    • The occasional FBS/P5 game
    • A chance for College Gameday to visit
    • A chance to play for a school that is a national brand (maybe not a MAJOR national brand, but well known due to their dominance)
    • Nationally televised playoff/championship games

I'm not sure that the G5 argument is > the FCS argument if the FCS school is NDSU
    To me it comes down to what the NDSU athletic department goals are in a more macro long term sense. Short term for the reasons you listed being a big fish in a small pond is better. Now if you think the brand, and program are capable of eventually making it to where for example Boise is wouldn’t Go5 be better?