Page 212 of 390 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262312 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    This team returns everything at RB, WR, TE, the best LT in CFB, everything at Corner, Safety, DE, OLB, DT and 1/2 of our starting ILB. We are replacing guys who were overachievers on the OL with higher upside prospects who to outsiders might be unknowns but to those that follow the program are far from unknown. Despite the draft love for Herbert he was a good not great college QB from an execution standpoint. Our defense carried us in 2019 the offense should be more explosive in 2020 and outside of Troy Dye we return all meaningful production on defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And yes, NDSU is returning a lot next year too, but again, way too early to be confident they will be better than last year.

And before claiming Slough an improvement over Herbert because Herbert isn’t as good as the experts claim, keep in mind of two things:

1) NFL execs were upset Herbert wasn’t leaving college last year. This year, he’s still a top ten pick. The biggest complaint on him is that he lacks an outgoing personality. I think you guys are selling him way short to make the future QB appear better.

2) Your coaching staff was trying to get Jamie Newman to transfer to Eugene recently. This means they aren’t 100% on Slough. We can relate as we went through this last year.

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    The venue and attendance means little in the quality of play.
    I don’t really even think it’s bad football. I’m playing the role of CAS for irony’s sake. For the 50,000 time I actually have a lot of respect for the NDSU program I watch you whenever I can because I love the way you play. This guy is somehow simultaneously flailing around a superiority and inferiority complex.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I’m so, so shamed!

I get it you’re big time here because you played in the 80’s I just would expect more from someone who supposedly knows a thing or two.

Quote Originally Posted by seaduck View Post
    I mean you can google Oregon’s left tackle. He won the Outland Trophy for the best lineman in college football. You won’t see much debate anywhere else on him being the best tackle in college football. How is not valid to bring him up as an advantage in this game?
    You're missing the point. And it's fine. Guys, I can tell you're trying hard. Commendable, really. But you just can't help it. You play in a P5. You won your conference. You won the Rose Bowl. You return a lot of talent. You obviously think you're going to win this game by 40 and you'll rest your starters at half. Your players can't help it. Your coaches can't help it. You fans, too, everyone cannot help but just assume you're better. We get a little tired of it.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I get it you’re big time here because you played in the 80’s I just would expect more from someone who supposedly knows a thing or two.

Just because he knows a thing or two doesnt mean he doesnt tire of conversing with you.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    No you’re right. Penn State, Florida and Oklahoma all block calls from the 701 area code. As do most other FBS AD’s.
    Didnt Gene Taylor say something about OU and Florida State trying to get NDSU on the schedule but the schedule was set and he was interested in more winnable games anyway?
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    And yes, NDSU is returning a lot next year too, but again, way too early to be confident they will be better than last year.

And before claiming Slough an improvement over Herbert because Herbert isn’t as good as the experts claim, keep in mind of two things:

1) NFL execs were upset Herbert wasn’t leaving college last year. This year, he’s still a top ten pick. The biggest complaint on him is that he lacks an outgoing personality. I think you guys are selling him way short to make the future QB appear better.

2) Your coaching staff was trying to get Jamie Newman to transfer to Eugene recently. This means they aren’t 100% on Slough. We can relate as we went through this last year.

1) no my gripes with Herberts play started 3 years ago. He doesn’t process the defense well and if you don’t believe me go watch the ASU game. He threw two picks on binary high low reads on smash concepts against cover 2 deep in our own territory. During our comeback he completed few true downfield passes which featured one really great throw but most of his production in that game was on screens. He was a good college player with ELITE tools. He will get drafted very high because of those tools but anyone who really watches Oregon football or who has scouted Herbert would tell you the same.

2) there was a rumor started on Twitter (which could have been accurate) that we were the favorite for Jamie Newman. Oregon never even scheduled a visit or pushed to get him on campus in the 3 weeks between that report and Fromm declaring. If we were so hot and heavy why didn’t we push to get him in for a visit ASAP?

Shough is not a better pro prospect than Herbert. He will have the benefit of a better supporting cast and better system. He also has shown signs of being better at processing the mesh between coverage and concept in the limited reps I’ve seen of him. Including closed to public scrimmages from last fall.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Didnt Gene Taylor say something about OU and Florida State trying to get NDSU on the schedule but the schedule was set and he was interested in more winnable games anyway?
    Dont recall those two schools.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

And I get baiting, and arrogance.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You’ve seen it with shitty power 5 programs. Iowa was the best but they were quite literally incompetent offensively. KSU, ISU and Kansas are all bad programs esp when you played them. KSU was coming off their best season in forever in which they got boat raced in the Fiesta Bowl by.... Oregon. Lost everyone of importance and went back to being mediocre. It’s still really impressive for an FCS program to beat an FBS but it’s not like you’ve been beating Penn State, Florida and Oklahoma.

We started off beating bad fbs teams, but it was a huge step for us and should never have happened. Look at the recruiting discrepancies in recruiting, funding, scholarships, facilities, on and on. A bad gopher team gets who they want and NDSU gets the leftovers molds them into a club and beats the gophers over the head with it. In the first matchup people were calling for a 50pt blowout. FBS casualties since have been the same story. A step up, a level we have not seen, we managed last time but now we’re entering a whole new world and are about to face real ballers for the first time. We’re going to lose by 50. And quite honestly, we should have gotten blown out. Our FBS games have gotten better/more difficult but as the competition has ramped up the story has stayed the same. The Ducks are simply the latest step up and a story we have heard seen time after time, a higher hurdle with all the same bragging and reasons why we can’t. In my years following all different sports and teams I have never seen a team do so much with what they have. NDSU football is a sports anomaly/wonder and are the most amazing team I’ve seen in any sport at any level for what they have accomplished with what they have. I said it against Kstate and Iowa and it applies to 2020 Oregon: We might lose we might even get rolled but NDSU can 100% beat the Ducks and I can’t wait to see this game play out