Page 193 of 390 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    What matchups give you confidence you can win this game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For me personally? I alluded to it earlier in this thread and some of your fellow fans pooh poohed it. You won’t be able to measure it.

It’s the matchup of what’s between the two teams individual players ears. I strongly believe that NDSU sports a powerful advantage there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    For me personally? I alluded to it earlier in this thread and some of your fellow fans pooh poohed it. You won’t be able to measure it.

It’s the matchup of what’s between the two teams individual players ears. I strongly believe that NDSU sports a powerful advantage there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I’ll entertain that, but why? It’s obviously a really subjective thing to measure/compare but there are semi objective aspects we can compare.
    Do both teams have elite S&C programs? Yes.
    Do both teams (2020) have a championship pedigree with a bunch of players and leaders who have an expectation of winning and have won a bunch of big games? Yes.
    Will both teams be excited to go out and play after spending a month exclusively hitting the same guys? Yes.

I guess I’m trying to figure out where the intangible, mental advantage would come from for NDSU. Also if they have that advantage how it would be weighed against the physical disadvantage that I would argue on the flip side.

they play in the PAC10 for fucks sake....they should have a better record

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Any argument against NDSU being able to play a full FBS schedule and win week in and week out is silly since an NDSU team that had the schedule would also have 23 more scholarships.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Outside of Ohio State there’s really not a team that’s great in the Big 10 illustrated by two Wisconsin losses to the Ducks. The PAC actually won the head to head record between the two conferences last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Also MSU beat the Grizz 48-14
    Stupid lying ESPN app. Thanks for the fix!

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Any argument against NDSU being able to play a full FBS schedule and win week in and week out is silly since an NDSU team that had the schedule would also have 23 more scholarships.

Yes that's fair. And there are great examples of FCS schools making the jump and becoming immediately successful, going back to the 1990s - most of them without the traits of an NDSU even.

The comments that NDSU could compete and win an FBS conference right now, at this very moment, are usually the ones met with speculation assuming the current roster makeup.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Another Duck_uck here to puff chest and tell Bison fans how talented the Duckies are and how this always wins games. The Bison only losing 8 games in 10 years and several FBS P5 victories during that time tells me they can compete. Then again all this Quack intimidation has me really worried so as MNLonghorn would post, 52-7.
    52-10

Now, if he summons the power of the wolf shirt, watch out!

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post

You’d also be able to recruit a higher caliber athlete

Are we going to be able to make it 6-7 months?

Should we have a dick measuring contest for basketball?

I'm worried we're going to run out of arguments to have.