Page 181 of 390 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231281 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    The night before the game I am driving to your house.
    I am going to open your mailbox and tear up all of your bills so they will all be late.

Thats all the smack I can muster this far in advance.
    Yeah keep the good stuff till later.

But thats a pretty good start.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

UO Griz 30-3
    MS Griz 48-14 Edited to correct this score. I like that it makes it worse.
    NDSU MS 42-14

And some Duck fans think this game isn't going be at least a bit competitive? Hell, even UN_ hung more points on the Griz then Oregon did...
    Last edited by BisonAlumni; 02-06-2020 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAlumni View Post
    UO Griz 30-3
    MS Griz 16-7
    NDSU MS 42-14

And some Duck fans think this game isn't going be at least a bit competitive? Hell, even UN_ hung more points on the Griz then Oregon did...
    Cristobal’s MO is to empty the bench in the third game before conference play. He holds out anyone with a hang nail. We played a tighter than needed game against SJSU the year before and Montana last year. We could’ve scored a lot more points if he was worried about a beauty contest.

Just to add to that, we were terribly inconsistent on offense under Arroyo. Herbert always played like he was constipated under Arroyo. Hopefully Moorhead is much better with qbs.

UO Griz 30-3
    MS Griz 16-7
    NDSU MS 42-14

We played guys who didn’t play the rest of the season in that game. It’s more about giving reps to young guys who will be contributors in a year or two than it is about running up the score on a team we don’t have to try to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UO Griz 30-3
    MS Griz 16-7
    NDSU MS 42-14

No, that doesnt count since it helps the Bisons cause

Quote Originally Posted by DuckDuckGriz View Post
    You mean to tell me that a MVFC title will bring more exposure and attention than beating a top 10 FBS team in their own house?
    And that the Bison won't be preparing in the majority of their offseason for Oregon?
    I personally don't think they will prepare much different than a year when they don't play an FBS to open the season. The goal is, and always will be, another national championship. They will spend the off season working on being the best team that they can be come week one, and that doesn't matter if they're playing the Ducks, the Dukes or the Dumb asses to the north of us.

Once they get closer to game week, sure they will focus on figuring out strengths/weaknesses in the opponents game and scheming against it. Now, that's not to say that the coaching staff isn't already preparing notes based on last season for each team on our schedule and trying to find weaknesses/tendencies and ways to exploit them.

But, using your same logic, you would assume that the Ducks will be focusing on beating THE Ohio State University who is a perennial top 10 FBS and could act as a springboard to the playoffs with a win.

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    I personally don't think they will prepare much different than a year when they don't play an FBS to open the season. The goal is, and always will be, another national championship. They will spend the off season working on being the best team that they can be come week one, and that doesn't matter if they're playing the Ducks, the Dukes or the Dumb asses to the north of us.

Once they get closer to game week, sure they will focus on figuring out strengths/weaknesses in the opponents game and scheming against it. Now, that's not to say that the coaching staff isn't already preparing notes based on last season for each team on our schedule and trying to find weaknesses/tendencies and ways to exploit them.

But, using your same logic, you would assume that the Ducks will be focusing on beating THE Ohio State University who is a perennial top 10 FBS and could act as a springboard to the playoffs with a win.
    Spot on, agreed.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    Cristobal’s MO is to empty the bench in the third game before conference play. He holds out anyone with a hang nail. We played a tighter than needed game against SJSU the year before and Montana last year. We could’ve scored a lot more points if he was worried about a beauty contest.
    You mean to tell me you guys aren't worried about your Sagarin rating?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

UO Griz 30-3
    MS Griz 16-7
    NDSU MS 42-14

Also MSU beat the Grizz 48-14