Page 121 of 390 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by Ode2Luke View Post
    Not sure I’d call Oregon State a power run team. More pro style with smaller quicker backs this last year. Of course they played Auburn, Utah and Wisconsin. That their run defense was as good as it was this year is really something. It honestly should be better next year as the players won’t be learning a new DC’s system. (They recruited some decent guys as well.)
    Smith brought the same offense from UW to OSU and what do you call Jefferson? He’s 5’10” and 215. He’s no Bama back but not small. Btw, NDSU runningbacks are not bruisers.

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    https://blogs.usafootball.com/blog/6...he-a-gap-power

Suffice for complexity explanation Duck fans?
    That’s a good link thanks. Here’s the FishDuck one I mentioned. Started out as a fan site and sort of took off.
    https://fishduck.com/the-oregon-foot...-fishduck-com/

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    Smith brought the same offense from UW to OSU and what do you call Jefferson? He’s 5’10” and 215. He’s no Bama back but not small. Btw, NDSU runningbacks are not bruisers.
    Compared to the last few years of 6’2”, 240# Ryan Nall (nicknamed, “The Wrecking Nall”) at OSU, Jefferson’s more of an elusive scat back type. He reminds me more of LaMichael James/Jaquizz Rodgers, than a LeGarrett Blount/Royce Freeman/Steven Jackson.

I was “lucky” enough to be given some tickets to the OSU/Utah game in Corvallis. It was a brutal game to watch unless you were a Ute fan, as the Beavers were greatly overmatched basically everywhere on the field but especially the lines. I did have some really good conversations with the fans surrounding me in the 4th Q, (all Utah) 1/2 the OSU crowd started leaving after the 1st quarter. Final was 52-7 but it could have been 152-0. Zach Moss rushed 5 times for something like 125 and 2 scores before they gave him the day off. Just Brutal.

That said, Smith is adapting his play at Oregon State to the players he has. He can’t really run Washington’s offense because he doesn’t have Washington’s players. He’s a home town hero and a damn good coach and recruiter though so it will be interesting to see how they develop as he really gets his guys in the system.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    im not the biggest fan of the delta formation. to me its one step above a wild cat, a long developing for sure run play that often gets stuffed. whats your fascination with it? Green Bay is the only team I see in the pros run it, and its hardly successful for them too.
    KC uses it. I’m hoping NDSU adds the variation the Chiefs used in the Super Bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Fun Fact: since the inception of the 4-team FBS playoff in 2014, only two Pac-12 teams have participated in them: Oregon (2014) and Washington (2016). Combined win total? One.

Southland Conf : FCS :: Pac-12 : FBS
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    im not the biggest fan of the delta formation. to me its one step above a wild cat, a long developing for sure run play that often gets stuffed. whats your fascination with it? Green Bay is the only team I see in the pros run it, and its hardly successful for them too.
    Huh? We have scored several passing touchdowns out of Delta, to include wheel routes and seam routes, likely because opposing D’s have thought the exact same thing as you.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    KC uses it. I’m hoping NDSU adds the variation the Chiefs used in the Super Bowl.

The one where they did the spin-o-rama as pre-snap motion?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Fun Fact: since the inception of the 4-team FBS playoff in 2014, only two Pac-12 teams have participated in them: Oregon (2014) and Washington (2016). Combined win total? One.

Southland Conf : FCS :: Pac-12 : FBS
    Southland conference? That’s funny. You are right the current playoff conference isn’t advantageous to our conference (4 teams for 5 conferences). The Pacific-12 teams play nine conference games (props to the B1G for doing likewise), while the ACC and SEC only play 8 (despite having more members)—remember our loss at ASU came last year the weekend of the annual SEC/SoCon challenge. We also play WAY more non-league games outside our footprint. We haven’t had ONE dominant team like Clemson or Oklahoma, so our teams don’t go unblemished through league play (our 2010 team was only team to ever go 9-0 in league play). Then there is the TV issues, East Coast/Southern bias issues (I live in South Carolina)—the perception of being a “soft” league.

All that said, only 6 teams have ever won playoff games: Clemson, Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Georgia and Oregon!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    The best thing I’ve read here is that Oregon doesn’t face power run football. The entire PAC 12 North save WSU is a power run team philosophically. If NDSU were an 8 time champion with the Air Raid, it would worry me more. Although I think that riddle is solved too now.
    Outside of Stanford which teams run power? We aren't talking more run then pass we are talking power with a pulling lineman and fullback?

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Huh? We have scored several passing touchdowns out of Delta, to include wheel routes and seam routes, likely because opposing D’s have thought the exact same thing as you.

Yeah, that was going to be my response as well. I can remember at least 78 wheel routes to Chase Morlock alone that resulted in TD's.
    Insert something clever here...