Page 32 of 390 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Their admin would rather schedule AL and get pummeled than schedule us and take a risk of getting beat. Their staff knows their players would over look us and pay the price. It's a no win deal for the University of Spoiled Children.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I sure hope fans of weak FCS or DII teams don't take the same point of view towards NDSU as you do towards USC. As usual, all personal speculation with total disregard for facts.
    Hail the BISON!!!

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Their admin would rather schedule AL and get pummeled than schedule us and take a risk of getting beat. Their staff knows their players would over look us and pay the price. It's a no win deal for the University of Spoiled Children.

I was going to reply to this but I'm not sure how.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― George Carlin
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I sure hope fans of weak FCS or DII teams don't take the same point of view towards NDSU as you do towards USC. As usual, all personal speculation with total disregard for facts.
    And what "facts" do you have? None. You are speculating just like everyone else.

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I was going to reply to this but I'm not sure how.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― George Carlin
    Nice personal insult. Maybe reply with your own opinion rather than name call? That would be the adult thing to do.

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

And what "facts" do you have? None. You are speculating just like everyone else.

No, I have plenty.

1) USC is historically a National Championship contender and one of the best NFL Factories.
    2) USC plays in a Power Five conference, but that conference, PAC-12, isn't as revered as the SEC or ACC. Instead, they're constantly considered at the bottom of the five conferences with the Big 12, and sometimes, the Big 10.
    3) Due to being in the PAC-12, in order to make the four team College Football Playoffs, USC needs to not only win their conference, they also need a strong strength of schedule, especially if they have lost a game. The SEC and ACC, due to the nature of their conferences, don't have issues with strength of schedules. This is why they have had at least one team each make the CFP. The Big 10 and the Big 12 have both been left out twice, while the PAC-12 has only made it twice.

With these facts in mind, what benefit does USC get by paying NDSU to come play at the LA Memorial Coliseum, especially as the program continues to get back on track? Unless, NDSU is ranked among the press and/or coaches rankings (Sagarin is nice, but the "experts" don't pay enough attention to it for it to matter), beating the Bison at home, even by a lot, isn't going to help them in the long run to make the CFP. USC only plays one G5 team a year, but relies on match-ups the public and press consider marquee to bolster their record. Is NDSU better than the G5 teams USC beats each year? Certainly, but the "experts" that do the voting will look at a PAC-12 schedule that includes a FCS gam as a big red flag when deciding between the third through sixth ranked teams. An undefeated team with a schedule that is considered weak is going to be put behind any SEC or ACC team that has one lost. And that also is a fact.

With that said, would it be awesome for USC to schedule the Bison? Absolutely, but if they don't, its not because their staff is worried their team would be worried about overlooking the Bison. There is a LOT of money to be made from the CFP, and the PAC-12 is missing out big time. Unless their best teams get their crap together, they're close to being considered no better than a G5 conference (the AAC might have an argument right now they are better).
    Hail the BISON!!!

Nice personal insult. Maybe reply with your own opinion rather than name call? That would be the adult thing to do.

I see your tricks. Not getting sucked into it with you. Last time I actually responded with a real thought, you replied with moronic bluster.

A sly one, you are...

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    No, I have plenty.

1) USC is historically a National Championship contender and one of the best NFL Factories.
    2) USC plays in a Power Five conference, but that conference, PAC-12, isn't as revered as the SEC or ACC. Instead, they're constantly considered at the bottom of the five conferences with the Big 12, and sometimes, the Big 10.
    3) Due to being in the PAC-12, in order to make the four team College Football Playoffs, USC needs to not only win their conference, they also need a strong strength of schedule, especially if they have lost a game. The SEC and ACC, due to the nature of their conferences, don't have issues with strength of schedules. This is why they have had at least one team each make the CFP. The Big 10 and the Big 12 have both been left out twice, while the PAC-12 has only made it twice.

With these facts in mind, what benefit does USC get by paying NDSU to come play at the LA Memorial Coliseum, especially as the program continues to get back on track? Unless, NDSU is ranked among the press and/or coaches rankings (Sagarin is nice, but the "experts" don't pay enough attention to it for it to matter), beating the Bison at home, even by a lot, isn't going to help them in the long run to make the CFP. USC only plays one G5 team a year, but relies on match-ups the public and press consider marquee to bolster their record. Is NDSU better than the G5 teams USC beats each year? Certainly, but the "experts" that do the voting will look at a PAC-12 schedule that includes a FCS gam as a big red flag when deciding between the third through sixth ranked teams. An undefeated team with a schedule that is considered weak is going to be put behind any SEC or ACC team that has one lost. And that also is a fact.

With that said, would it be awesome for USC to schedule the Bison? Absolutely, but if they don't, its not because their staff is worried their team would be worried about overlooking the Bison. There is a LOT of money to be made from the CFP, and the PAC-12 is missing out big time. Unless their best teams get their crap together, they're close to being considered no better than a G5 conference (the AAC might have an argument right now they are better).
    I would like to respond to your point number 3. Personally, I think the CFP suck. No room for error (one bad game and you're screwed). I see nothing wrong with an expansion to 8 teams. Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I see your tricks. Not getting sucked into it with you. Last time I actually responded with a real thought, you replied with moronic bluster.

A sly one, you are...
    Lmao. That's all you have contribute?

Lmao. That's all you have contribute?

Uh, yes. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    I would like to respond to your point number 3. Personally, I think the CFP suck. No room for error (one bad game and you're screwed). I see nothing wrong with an expansion to 8 teams. Do you?
    Eight would be ideal, but for the sake of doling out the money the CFP brings in among the participating conferences, there is a reason why they currently have it at four. Making money is great, but there are times when it involves the creation of a big fat cash cow, stupid decisions from the leaders are pretty much guaranteed. The current model only limits a handful of teams a chance at winning the CFP Championship. This in itself can kill the fandom among college football fans, and it can also cause the government to get involved due to some type of antitrust violations. If the government gets involved, I expect bigger and messier problems before a simpler solution is attained, which of course, would be an eight-team playoff.
    Hail the BISON!!!