Page 156 of 390 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    SDSU. We were lousy against the run---30th, but 2nd in both scoring and total defense.
    I’ve always taken the approach that yards don’t matter as long as you don’t allow them to score. We had times last year where we allowed yards between the 30’s but we would stiffen up and good teams to a field goal.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    For the Ducks fans who are underwhelmed by some of the Bison wins last season, it was a rebuilding year with a new head coach, QB, and a lot of new starters. That made some games close. Still ended 16-0 with a national title though. That's how the Bison rebuild (or "reload") and why Oregon doesn't intimidate them.
    I don’t think anyone is underwhelmed by the Bison wins. Most of those types of comments were retorts to lazy pokes at the Ducks losses to ASU and Auburn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    JMU was/is a well balanced team. I would say the better run teams were Illinois State and Southern Illinois as they both lacked a threat in the passing game.

JMU balance made it hard to predict what was coming. This is why NDSU relies on highly intelligent football players. On their last play, the Bison Safety knew what was coming based on studying their tendencies and that allowed him to abandon his receiver so he could make a play that resulted in a pick and sealed the game. He and the coaching staff did something earlier in the game with a fake FG.

Not bad for a kid who gave up a DII scholarship for a NDSU PWO. One NDSU’s former QBs, Brock Jenson, did the same thing a decade ago. This example goes back to my earlier argument about relying too much on talent alone to predict games.

Love stories like that where kids bet on themselves and make it. JMU you from a schematic and deployment standpoint is probably closest to what we will be that I’ve seen. Lots of 11, pretty even run pass split, lots of split zone, ZR and RPO. Oregon prides itself on balance although the 2019 team was more run dependent. I’m more looking to see what the go to’s for NDSU are when they play a team that they are selling out to stop in the run game as id assume that’s what the plan will be against us.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Its hard to pick a team. We run a multiple style offense now. A lot of pre-snap motion similar to your team. Honestly, Daniels for ASU plays very similar to Lance. Not just saying that cuz you played them.
    Lance is a more physical presence in the run game. Daniels is really strong in anticipation throws (not saying Lance isn’t) I don’t know if he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    I'd say Illinois State had the best back and most committed offense to using him but they lacked anyone who could complete a pass when the QB went down. SDSU possibly. But we really hate mobile QB's. Gives us fits
    Idk how much we will want to run him because of the lack of proven depth at QB but Shough tested faster than Herbert last fall before camp started. He’s a good athlete.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    Love stories like that where kids bet on themselves and make it. JMU you from a schematic and deployment standpoint is probably closest to what we will be that I’ve seen. Lots of 11, pretty even run pass split, lots of split zone, ZR and RPO. Oregon prides itself on balance although the 2019 team was more run dependent. I’m more looking to see what the go to’s for NDSU are when they play a team that they are selling out to stop in the run game as id assume that’s what the plan will be against us.

https://twitter.com/BisonReport/stat...220515847?s=19

We don't sell out to stop anybody's run game. We just stop it.

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A few teams had pretty good success running the ball against us, and we still refused to stack the box to sell out for the run. In those games it seemed we'd be willing to give up 4 yards/rush, because some of those runs are 0, 1, 2 yards and set up 2nd & 3rd and long. On those 3rd and longs we have a real good chance of getting off the field. The trade off was giving up a couple or so first downs and forcing a kick, rather than stacking the box and potentially getting burned downfield by the pass.

I imagine that mindset will be the same against you. If you are averaging around 4 ypc, enough of those will be for 0 or 1 yard to set up 3rd and long situations where we have a good chance of getting off the field. If you are able to average 6-7 ypc then we will probably be in big trouble because we would have to bring another defender down.

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    A few teams had pretty good success running the ball against us, and we still refused to stack the box to sell out for the run. In those games it seemed we'd be willing to give up 4 yards/rush, because some of those runs are 0, 1, 2 yards and set up 2nd & 3rd and long. On those 3rd and longs we have a real good chance of getting off the field. The trade off was giving up a couple or so first downs and forcing a kick, rather than stacking the box and potentially getting burned downfield by the pass.

I imagine that mindset will be the same against you. If you are averaging around 4 ypc, enough of those will be for 0 or 1 yard to set up 3rd and long situations where we have a good chance of getting off the field. If you are able to average 6-7 ypc then we will probably be in big trouble because we would have to bring another defender down.
    So, you haven’t ran into anyone that consistently runs the ball on you.

this has to be one of the most awesome threads on the sports internet. Go Ducks! Go Bison! Go Ducks!