Page 155 of 390 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    Interesting, in your estimation what was the best run game you faced last year? JMU? Just trying to see how you defend the better run games. I look forward to seeing how it all plays out. 8 more months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JMU was/is a well balanced team. I would say the better run teams were Illinois State and Southern Illinois as they both lacked a threat in the passing game.

JMU balance made it hard to predict what was coming. This is why NDSU relies on highly intelligent football players. On their last play, the Bison Safety knew what was coming based on studying their tendencies and that allowed him to abandon his receiver so he could make a play that resulted in a pick and sealed the game. He and the coaching staff did something earlier in the game with a fake FG.

Not bad for a kid who gave up a DII scholarship for a NDSU PWO. One NDSU’s former QBs, Brock Jenson, did the same thing a decade ago. This example goes back to my earlier argument about relying too much on talent alone to predict games.

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    Wisconsin, huh?
    From a Big 10 team’s perspective, yes.

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    From a Big 10 team’s perspective, yes.

They like losing to Oregon.

You’d go 5-5 against Wisconsin and Michigan???
    Easy.

7-3 vs Clemson, LSU, Ohio State. 9-1 vs Oklahoma and 10-0 vs BAMA! Bring it! Bison faith and undeniable will to win trumps all! They’re also the only organized football team with a strength and conditioning program. You should their eyes after a Frisco practice!
    Last edited by Ode2Luke; 02-05-2020 at 03:52 AM. Reason: My grandpa used to take me fishing where we’d drag lures behind the boat. Caught the biggest fish that way.

Interesting, in your estimation what was the best run game you faced last year? JMU? Just trying to see how you defend the better run games. I look forward to seeing how it all plays out. 8 more months.

Probably James Robinson. He should be in the combine I would think.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by charlestonduck View Post
    Wait? I asked the question because I want honest answers from their perspective. Not to bring more vitriol. I’d like to hear more responses.

Psychology 101: everyone’s perception is their reality. No matter if you are wearing green/yellow glasses or ... never mind.
    I understand what you’re doing, I was confirming that I was reading that right.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Yes, and maybe better against Wisco if they fumbled and otherwise turned the ball over like they did with some team this year, mostly unforced.

Every one of those turnovers was forced. INT was because of pressure from Thib, Punt was getting blocked regardless, fumble was a hat on the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by charlestonduck View Post
    Holy cow, since I posted about 5 hours ago there are 20 pages new to the thread and the tone is a lot tougher. I’ve enjoyed my conversations on this board since the game was announced (then went into hibernation for 7 years). I apologize to any Bisons if you feel like we are starting to wear out our welcome.

I have an honest question for Bisons: what FBS program do you see as your equal in terms of talent, development, coaching and culture—a team if you played them on 10 Saturday’s, you’d go 5-5?
    Its hard to pick a team. We run a multiple style offense now. A lot of pre-snap motion similar to your team. Honestly, Daniels for ASU plays very similar to Lance. Not just saying that cuz you played them.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    They like losing to Oregon.
    If they like losing, then shame on them.

But seriously, when you or anybody looks at NDSU and just assumes they are another FCS team, keep in mind their are good FBS (P5) teams that know better.

Hail the BISON!!!

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'd say Illinois State had the best back and most committed offense to using him but they lacked anyone who could complete a pass when the QB went down. SDSU possibly. But we really hate mobile QB's. Gives us fits