Page 127 of 390 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    How many national championships does Oregon have in the last 15-20 seasons?
    Played for 2, which is 2 more than Iowa.

And what was ASU's home record last year? You know, that day you got humiliated by a perennial dumpster fire?
    Not really sure we are in a position to call ASU a dumpster fire given they play in a Power 5 conference and we are in the FCS. I get that we are dominant, but let's face it, we are far and away more talented than all but a few teams at our level. The talent gap at the FBS level inst really the same, which is why you see good teams drop a game now and again. Sometimes a more challenging schedule catches up with you. It'd be like NDSU moving to the Mountain West and still having an expectation of winning every game even though the talent gap would be significantly closer on a week to week basis.

How many national championships does Oregon have in the last 15-20 seasons?
    They have just as many FBS titles as us. Zero.

If Oregon played in the FCS this past season they would have won it going away even if their schedule was the top 12 teams at that level.

I keep hearing about the talent gap......yes, Oregon has a bunch more talented players than the Bison. Seems many FBS fans only think about it this way. The reason NDSU will make this a good game, and possibly win it, is by playing with a greater desire to win, executing more consistently, playing with better teamwork (less individual celebratiion than typical FBS players), and never giving up at any time in the game due NDSU's long tradition of winning. The Bison on the field play for something greater than just the current team.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We will win because we watch only Rocky 4, and lift all off-season to hearts on fire. Facts

This has to be the most fans of any FBS school we have played on here already. We've officially made it to the big time people! WTF is lakes/chapo? Oh I forgot he's still over on their boards stirring up all this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I keep hearing about the talent gap......yes, Oregon has a bunch more talented players than the Bison. Seems many FBS fans only think about it this way. The reason NDSU will make this a good game, and possibly win it, is by playing with a greater desire to win, executing more consistently, playing with better teamwork (less individual celebratiion than typical FBS players), and never giving up at any time in the game due NDSU's long tradition of winning. The Bison on the field play for something greater than just the current team.
    This is where it becomes obvious you know nothing about the Oregon team, their philosophy or team culture. If you did, you'd know the two programs are more alike than they are different.

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    We will win because we watch only Rocky 4, and lift all off-season to hearts on fire. Facts
    And Kramer will say there is "No Easy Way Out" when they ask to take a break. Game changer.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I love that you guys are going to be so good and have been badly wanting NDSU to play a high ranking P5. Here we go...finally. On paper you should win easily, and based on your posts you are even better than I expected you would be. Stifling defense is the ultimate game changer (something we use to have that I’m not sure we will have next year) and your D definitely has the edge over our offense. Our o-line will need to play the game of their lives and they are a very good unit. We struggled against SDSU and Ill St. in the playoffs and your d is easily better than either of those teams. I also think your offense has the advantage. On paper you should win easily but I’ve seen the Bison step their game against more talented teams than us too many times. I still believe these guys can go in there and gut out the win. They could also get rolled but I know they will fight hard a full 4 quarters. Can’t wait. It’s gonna be a loooong winter, spring, summer
    Absolutely, and I understand the value the NDSU fan base places on the ability to step up and rise to the occasion. Historically at least recently you’ve done it every time and came out on top. I hope my posts didn’t come from a place of, “FCS rabble rabble, 4 star rabble rabble, P5 rabble rabble”. I was purely trying to add context. Frankly I don’t think this game should be very competitive. BUT it’s week one, things can be weird and sloppy and I 100% DO respect the competitive temperament and ability to rise to the occasion for NDSU. I’ve watched 3 games so far of 2019 NDSU and just see some very unfavorable matchups on the LOS that will be too much to overcome. Here is a little sample of what Penei Sewell brings to the table:

https://twitter.com/peneisewell58/st...140081157?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDweller View Post
    This is where it becomes obvious you know nothing about the Oregon team, their philosophy or team culture. If you did, you'd know the two programs are more alike than they are different.
    Yeah, we heard about "playing for Family at Kansas State" until we scored 3 times in a row and had a 9 minute drive to close out and win the game. We heard about Iowas great D until we had them exhausted with hands on their hips in the fourth quarter and then scored a TD and field goal to win the game. Our D shut their running game down. So what do you know about Bison winning tradition?