Page 86 of 390 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

The obvious wildcard for the Ducks is QB, Herbert won the Rose Bowl as much as Wisky lost it. Without Herbert the Ducks lose that game by two scores, we have a great chance at knocking off a top 10 BCS team in `20.

Statistics ORE WIS
    First downs 13 18
    Plays–yards 51–204 72–322
    Rushes–yards 30–66 37–136
    Passing yards 138 186
    Passing: Comp–Att–Int 14–21–1 23–35–1
    Time of possession 21:57 38:03
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Hmmm. My recall is different but the data don’t lie. I guess I am wrong. Dammit.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    I'm not sure what point in the game Oregon 'abused' Wisconsin. Oregon had 204 yards of offense to Wisconsin's 322. Oregon was gifted three scores, and the game was decided on a blown offensive PI call. Oregon looked *terrible* for almost the entire game.
    I don't think the defense looked bad at all.

Four turnovers when three were forced by the defense - a strip from the ball carrier, a pick on a blitz, and a perfectly placed shoulder pad on a jet sweep that they knew UW would run.
    The offense had drives of 80 yds (to start), then sputtered but with two more drives of 30+ yards. We're now bringing in a more aggressive OC in Joe Moorhead.

You could say the punt was a gift but if you watch the play, there are two players on top of the punter while he drops it. So that would have 100% been a block either way.

Turnovers are part of the game, they aren't just gifts. And this defense is very good at getting to the ball.

Ranked 5th in all of FBS in 2019, at a +16 margin

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Turn overs should be an interesting stat as I think we only had 6 on the season.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Of course you are completely correct and anyone who would deign to argue with is just, well, a damn fool. However, I see what you are doing though you may not. You are setting yourself up for the acceptance of failure. With your posture there is no way you can be very disappointed if this result eventuates. You hold the possibility of a win as a complete emotional upside. It's smart for your emotional health.

Not sure I care to disagree. Beating Minnesota is one thing. Beating Wisky is another (although I bet the Wisky natives on our squad would want desperately to make it so.) Wisky got abused in that Rose Bowl. That batch of quackers is a physical one. Should be a very good test. I am excited to see our guys give it a go. I am going to remain "hopefully optimistic".

Now, given what we learned about this current crop of Bison and their sensitivity regarding external doubt I think we should all echo Gully's sentiment. That should ensure a win.
    This game is easy to sandbag for. Ducks are very talented and play at a high level. Both teams have big unknowns/wildcards. Them winning close wouldn’t surprise me. Things could snowball on us and we could get rolled...wouldn’t shock me either. We could play our game and win...wouldn’t be a shocker though I’d be impressed. I think with the unknowns it’s a tough game to predict. Actually a pretty intriguing matchup.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Lol at Duck fan forum. Most Bison posters there are trolls as usual

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Turn overs should be an interesting stat as I think we only had 6 on the season.
    We were +17.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    I'm talking O-line only.

Both tackles I think will be drafted, I don't think it's crazy to think that Jensen, Schoening, or whoever is taking the open slot gets a free agent shot like the elder Volson. I keep reading on Bville that the underclassman OT's are pushing Cordell for playing time and he might get moved inside.

If you want to talk the whole team, there are probably 8 upperclassmen who will spend some time in the pros on the starting roster. In approximate order of draft/free agency

Lance
    Radunz
    Jabril
    Volson
    Watson

Gindorf
    Babicz
    Hayes
    Luepke

and thats ignoring some outstanding underclassman and the entire RB room.

2020 NDSU is going to be an absolute monstrosity of a team. Preseason GOAT. The only position of percieved weakness is a defensive line that was quietly decimated by injury in 2019 and full of underclassmen. NDSU is going full 2009 Boise State next year.
    This team will test and maybe surpass 2013 with eventual NFL guys

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    You are setting yourself up for the acceptance of failure. With your posture there is no way you can be very disappointed if this result eventuates. You hold the possibility of a win as a complete emotional upside. It's smart for your emotional health.
    A lot of truth here. This is learned behavior from being a lifelong Vikings fan.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!