Page 85 of 390 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Bisman View Post
    I'll bite. I assume you mean off of the 2020 team. Most likely? Dillon Radunz, Cordell Volson, Jabril Cox. Possibility? Josh Hayes
    I'm talking O-line only.

Both tackles I think will be drafted, I don't think it's crazy to think that Jensen, Schoening, or whoever is taking the open slot gets a free agent shot like the elder Volson. I keep reading on Bville that the underclassman OT's are pushing Cordell for playing time and he might get moved inside.

If you want to talk the whole team, there are probably 8 upperclassmen who will spend some time in the pros on the starting roster. In approximate order of draft/free agency

Lance
    Radunz
    Jabril
    Volson
    Watson

Gindorf
    Babicz
    Hayes
    Luepke

and thats ignoring some outstanding underclassman and the entire RB room.

2020 NDSU is going to be an absolute monstrosity of a team. Preseason GOAT. The only position of percieved weakness is a defensive line that was quietly decimated by injury in 2019 and full of underclassmen. NDSU is going full 2009 Boise State next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

This will probably be an unpopular opinion here but I think Oregon wins. I am hopeful NDSU can keep it competitive and it's hard to say there is no chance after what happened at KSU and Iowa, but I just don't see the upset. Oregon is a damn good FBS football program.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    This will probably be an unpopular opinion here but I think Oregon wins. I am hopeful NDSU can keep it competitive and it's hard to say there is no chance after what happened at KSU and Iowa, but I just don't see the upset. Oregon is a damn good FBS football program.

Of course you are completely correct and anyone who would deign to argue with is just, well, a damn fool. However, I see what you are doing though you may not. You are setting yourself up for the acceptance of failure. With your posture there is no way you can be very disappointed if this result eventuates. You hold the possibility of a win as a complete emotional upside. It's smart for your emotional health.

Not sure I care to disagree. Beating Minnesota is one thing. Beating Wisky is another (although I bet the Wisky natives on our squad would want desperately to make it so.) Wisky got abused in that Rose Bowl. That batch of quackers is a physical one. Should be a very good test. I am excited to see our guys give it a go. I am going to remain "hopefully optimistic".

Now, given what we learned about this current crop of Bison and their sensitivity regarding external doubt I think we should all echo Gully's sentiment. That should ensure a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Agree. I posted several days ago I thought we had a punchers chance. We barely squeezed by both KSU and Iowa and we will have to have a good element of luck against the Ducks.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Of course you are completely correct and anyone who would deign to argue with is just, well, a damn fool. However, I see what you are doing though you may not. You are setting yourself up for the acceptance of failure. With your posture there is no way you can be very disappointed if this result eventuates. You hold the possibility of a win as a complete emotional upside. It's smart for your emotional health.
    Where is your psychiatric practice located and how much do you charge? Any discount for BV posters?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Agree. I posted several days ago I thought we had a punchers chance. We barely squeezed by both KSU and Iowa and we will have to have a good element of luck against the Ducks.
    It seems though that Entz and co. just might be in the luck manufacturing biz on the side no?

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Where is your psychiatric practice located and how much do you charge? Any discount for BV posters?
    My practice is ethereal of course. Charge? You think I could actually charge for this service?

Full disclosure: this is not a "Psychiatric" practice per se. We are not licensed by any body nor recognized as authoritative or efficacious by any reasonably mentally endowed person or persons (i.e. NOBODY). Your use of our services is totally at your discretion and you accept full risk and responsibility that we could completely derail your tenuous grip on reality and the possibility of a complete and fulfilling life.

I have however stayed at a Holiday Inn Express on multiple occasions. Just not last night.

Not sure I care to disagree. Beating Minnesota is one thing. Beating Wisky is another (although I bet the Wisky natives on our squad would want desperately to make it so.) Wisky got abused in that Rose Bowl. That batch of quackers is a physical one. Should be a very good test. I am excited to see our guys give it a go. I am going to remain "hopefully optimistic".

Now, given what we learned about this current crop of Bison and their sensitivity regarding external doubt I think we should all echo Gully's sentiment. That should ensure a win.
    did you not watch the Rose Bowl? Wisconsin was clearly the superior team and absolutely threw the win away.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    did you not watch the Rose Bowl? Wisconsin was clearly the superior team and absolutely threw the win away.
    Yeah I watched the whole thing. They did not look superior to me. They gave up what, four turnovers? That is not superior. I guess I need to go and look at the stats but I clearly did not come away thinking Wisky was the better team. I did think they should have won. But they did not. The winners did. And the winners abused Wisky in the process.

Yeah I watched the whole thing. They did not look superior to me. They gave up what, four turnovers? That is not superior. I guess I need to go and look at the stats but I clearly did not come away thinking Wisky was the better team. I did think they should have won. But they did not. The winners did. And the winners abused Wisky in the process.
    I'm not sure what point in the game Oregon 'abused' Wisconsin. Oregon had 204 yards of offense to Wisconsin's 322. Oregon was gifted three scores, and the game was decided on a blown offensive PI call. Oregon looked *terrible* for almost the entire game.