Page 133 of 390 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by DuckDuckGriz View Post
    Those connections exist in multiple programs - FCS national titles or not.
    Oregon had mostly the same coaching staff for the better part of 35 years.
    If you think the family culture doesn't exist outside of Fargo, you're in your own world.

That's all.
    Again, you seem to pick a point and make it into commonality. So how well has any team in all of college football done to even come close to what NDSU has accomplished in the last 56 years, not to mention 7 of last 8 national championships. That is something truly special and that sets NDSU apart. Apparently it provides some extra motivation too!

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    What are you a moron? I said you missed it earlier so go back and read my posts. Hint....it has to do with generations of winning at NDSU
    and the connection former players have with current players. Over the past 56 years NDSU has only 3 losing seasons and have won 16 national championships. Lots of long time tradition there that kicks ass on anything Oregon has done in football. Yep, the Ducks have won some bowl games, but so have many FBS teams. Try going thru a real playoff and getting it done as much as NDSU has......that is tradition.
    It is tradition, but is a tradition that has not been achieved at the highest level of college athletics, thus not against the best teams, thus not against the best players.

What would NDSU fans be saying if fans from a Div-III juggernaut were on here saying their experience in the Div-III playoffs was going to help propel them to a win over the Bison?

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Again, you seem to pick a point and make it into commonality. So how well has any team in all of college football done to even come close to what NDSU has accomplished in the last 56 years, not to mention 7 of last 8 national championships. That is something truly special and that sets NDSU apart. Apparently it provides some extra motivation too!
    Ok, yes. For the millionth time, you are a very very successful program at the FCS level and no doubt would compete in FBS.

Is that what you needed?

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

You mean to tell me that a MVFC title will bring more exposure and attention than beating a top 10 FBS team in their own house?
    And that the Bison won't be preparing in the majority of their offseason for Oregon?
    I mean to tell you exactly that. Winning an MVFC title will net them a high seed in the 24 team playoff. That makes it more likely that they will ascend to and win the Championship game.

When College Gameday talks about the Bison on Saturdays, and they do that, they usually say “Winners of eight of the last nine FCS National Championships”. They never say “the team that beat Iowa in 2016”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    Absolutely not making any definitive statements about who will be better because I have no clue just saying that right now late Wentz> early Lance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disagree

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I mean to tell you exactly that. Winning an MVFC title will net them a high seed in the 24 team playoff. That makes it more likely that they will ascend to and win the Championship game.

When College Gameday talks about the Bison on Saturdays, and they do that, they usually say “Winners of eight of the last nine FCS National Championships”. They never say “the team that beat Iowa in 2016”.

That’s deep, bro

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post

That's fair. I was considering this more from an exposure standpoint than players' mindset.
    From a program standpoint, that goal makes sense.
    From an exposure standpoint, I would still beg to differ given that most of the country knows you guys as being a pain in the ass for FBS, successful at FCS. Similar to how Boise is the BCS-buster, or App State as pulling the greatest upset of all time.

But from a program goals standpoint - that priority is fair.
    I would still argue that you'll be spending more time preparing for UO than is typical. That's only natural.

That's fair. I was considering this more from an exposure standpoint than players' mindset.
    From a program standpoint, that goal makes sense.
    From an exposure standpoint, I would still beg to differ given that most of the country knows you guys as being a pain in the ass for FBS, successful at FCS. Similar to how Boise is the BCS-buster, or App State as pulling the greatest upset of all time.

But from a program goals standpoint - that priority is fair.
    I would still argue that you'll be spending more time preparing for UO than is typical. That's only natural.
    That will be the case for about 8 more months

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDweller View Post
    Listen, I'm not trying to make light of what NDSU has accomplished. It is no doubt impressive and I have been there to witness much of it. That said, I have thought for many years we are an FBS caliber team playing an FCS schedule. We are vastly superior in every phase of the game than 90% of our opponents. I don't want to say we can sleepwalk through our schedule, but to some degree, we can. Power 5 is not this way, largely due to teams being more financially equal in comparison to the FCS where there are a handful of programs (NDSU, Montana, MT State, JMU, etc) who invest in their program in a way that translates to winning.

My point is that you don't have to be a multiple-time national championship program to foster a hardworking, winning culture. If you, as an NDSU fan, think that the Bison team has some monumental advantage because they have played in big games, i.e the FCS title you'd be wrong. I get that the Rose Bowl is not the national championship game, but its an enormously huge game on a much larger stage than the FCS title game. I mean heck, the Rose Bowl probably had more tv viewers than all of NDSU's games combined. As they say, its "The Grandaddy of them All".

Lots of teams, FCS and FBS, have strong winning cultures. Some just happen to play in divisions or conferences that present a much larger challenge on a week-to-week basis.
    I agree that many, many programs out there have strong winning cultures. I claim that NDSU is different. Yes I am a homer to be sure. My claim stands and their accomplishments back me up.

You did not answer my question. Have you personally witnessed that Friday practice in Frisco? Have you looked into the eyes of those players exiting that field when its over? How many programs can hold such an event?

Don't believe everything you think.

For those of you who like X’s and O’s this is an article written by a friend and great Oregon writer Hythloday on the Joe Moorhead offense:
    https://www.addictedtoquack.com/plat...mpression=true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk