Page 71 of 390 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

This will be one hell of a game. Our Oline will give the Ducks all-star Dline all they can handle. Nash Jensen is going to be something special, Cordell plays nasty and Radunz gonna Radunz. If we're healthy coming out of spring ball and fall camp, look out Ducks. Our Dline next year will surprise people IMHO.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Funny bit off reddit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by heavy horse View Post
    I’m an NDSU grad/Eugene resident/Ducks season ticket holder

Since My wife (also an NDSU grad) and I have quite a few friends and family making the trip out to Oregon from North Dakota and Minnesota, I would like to offer my recommendations on travel, lodging, things to see, gameday experience, etc.

Eugene is going to be pretty quiet that weekend because UO does not start classes until the end of September and it's Labor Day weekend; Most Eugene residents will be camping, hiking or at the coast.

Travel-

Driving out and back from Fargo is definitely doable. Assume 21-24 hours of just driving 1-way. Not unlike Frisco trips, the drive there is fun and exciting…. the drive back gets looooong. Mountain passes are typically all open (unless there’s a freak snowstorm) that time of year.

The train will take about 38 hours; 1-way from Fargo to Eugene. It goes through the mountains during the night and across the plains/high desert during the day, so you miss most of the scenery.

Flying: Eugene’s airport is similar in size to Bismarck with no direct flights to North Dakota or Minnesota. I’ve done it multiple times with connections in Denver and SFO. The other option is to fly out of Portland (about 2 hour drive north of Eugene on I-5). Portland has direct flights to Minneapolis, and connecting flights to North Dakota.

Though not a large city, Eugene can be difficult to navigate with it's excessive one-ways, dead-end streets, and speed bumps. The city is trying to heavily promote biking and public transit. However, it's nothing Google Maps on your phone can't solve.
    Given the holiday weekend and no students, what type of crowd do you expect? Probably won't sell out?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    I booked rooms at the best Western on Franklin Boulevard today... The Oregon best Western. I really had no idea what I was doing but you can cancel the reservation 72 hours prior if necessary. They said it is on the scenic path to the stadium 1/2 mile away.
    What were the rates?
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Hypothetical here.... if the Bison pull it off in Eugene next September do they crack the AP FBS Top 25? They got close in 2016 after beating Iowa getting to 27th. If they win they'd have beaten a previously top 10 (maybe even top 5) ranked team on the road and be riding a 38 game win streak which would be sole possession of the 3rd longest D1 winning streak of all-time.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Hypothetical here.... if the Bison pull it off in Eugene next September do they crack the AP FBS Top 25? They got close in 2016 after beating Iowa getting to 27th. If they win they'd have beaten a previously top 10 (maybe even top 5) ranked team on the road and be riding a 38 game win streak which would be sole possession of the 3rd longest D1 winning streak of all-time.
    I doubt it. Time to schedule 2 P5 games a year...not kidding but also unrealistic

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I doubt it. Time to schedule 2 P5 games a year...not kidding but also unrealistic
    Idk... given how close they got in 2016 and the fact that everyone will have only played one game at that point (with a select few playing 2) I think it would happen for a 3-time defending FCS champ that hasn't lost in over 1000 days by that time.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Oregon’s hopeful QB transfer Jamie Newman chooses Georgia over Oregon.
    For as great a program as Oregon is supposed to be why do they have such a hard time recruiting QB's? Seems like they are constantly looking for a transfer every 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Might be close. They would be getting votes from most voters I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    What were the rates?
    There appears to be 2 Best Westerns on Franklin. One is called Greenfield.
    Rates for Sept 3 - 7 vary
    4-6 $ 251.10 and the 3rd and 6th are 111.59 Best Western New Oregon
    4-6 $ 236.70 and the 3rd and 6th are 108.89 Best Western Greenfield.

Of course those rates can vary depending on sites checking the rates.