Page 94 of 390 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Depends how many games they lose. Ohio St. is a certain loss. After that they shouldn’t lose Pac12 games though they’ll have a couple close ones. Assuming the new qb is decent
    Ohio State is far from a certain loss. But they will certainly be underdogs in that one.

I'm guessing they end up something like 8-4 if they lose to NDSU. If they beat NDSU I'll give them like 10-2. Loss to Ohio State and a stumble in the PAC-12.
    College of Business Alumnus

In 2016, Iowa was a top 20 team until they lost to NDSU and didn't make back into the top 25 until the last week of the season.
    https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...-schedule.html
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Im not sure. Outside of possibly QB and OL, Ducks will have an absolutely loaded roster.
    QB might be a question mark. 1st string has been sitting behind Herbert for 3 years. He’ll be pushed by a group of 4* guys.
    OL is less of a concern I think, they return the best LT in the FBS, in Outland trophy winner Sewell. Cristobal’s pet project is the OL and he’s finally filling out rosters that have his guys on them. Bunch of rJr and JR’s who’ve played a lot in the system including 2 that were top rated JUCO transfers.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We bought a couple 40 yard line tickets fof 150 plus fees. I ain't flying out there and then worrying about what I paid for tickets.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Dammit I wish I could be out there. But it would take an act of God to have us not busy on the farm when it happens.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    $68 seats on vivid seats. Seems like a very good price, but I don't know what the going rate is right now.
    $68 would be my guess, given the price you quoted...
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

What ND State has accomplished is AMAZING, and if the Bison leave Autzen Stadium with a win, it will be well earned—not because they were overlooking your squad. Oregon fans expect a competitive contest, and to be perfectly frank, a win. Here is a long overview of the team you’ll be facing.

Oregon is not Iowa, Minnesota, or K-State. Simply put, we recruit at a whole different level than those teams, and have astronomically better facilities (designed to train athletes using the best technology available). Oregon is in the top 10 over the past 2 decades for wins.

On offense, we will be fine. Shough (former 4*) has looked really good when on the field, and has the confidence of the coaches and his teammates. Yes we lost 5 quality o-lineman, but the cupboard is far from bare. Anchoring the line is Penei Sewers (who won the Outland trophy as a true sophomore), and is projected as the #1 pick in next year’s draft. We also return the player that started and played well when Sewell was injured in 2018, Steven Jones (6-7, 354), Malaesala Aumavae-Laulu (6-6, 315), Jonah Tauanu’u (6-5, 335), Alex Forsyth (6-4, 305), Dawson Jamarillo (6-5, 315) & Chris Randazzo (6-6, 325)—all former 4* recruits we had the luxury of 4-game redshirting. Add in that we signed the #1 JC o-line recruit, that enrolled this month ... and I have no worries about our o-line.

We return all of our running backs, and add a 4* recruit to the mix there as well. We return 2/3 of our starting receivers, plus a lot of young talent (7 former 4* recruits on roster at WR) and a former 4/5* recruit that sat out last year as a transfer, and at least 1 4* recruit. Plus, our best TE will return from injury.

As good as we are projected to be on offense, we will be better on defense! Our d-line returns 3 starters, including 3 year starter Jordon Scott (6-1, 325), and starters Austin Faoliu and Kayvon Thibodeaux (6-5,240, former #1 recruit in the nation who lived up to his billing). We also return regulars from our rotation Popo Aumavae, DJ Johnson, Brandon Dorlus & Austin Faoliu. Plus 2 former 4* recruits that we were able to 4-game redshirt, and 4/5 stud recruits.

At linebacker, we lost a couple of starters, but we return a lot of talented backups that have lived up to their recruiting hype, speaking of recruits we add two 5* Justin Flowe and Noah Sewell and two 4* recruits.

In the secondary we return everyone, from a unit that was amongst the leaders in interceptions last year. Both our corners as former All-Americans that have started since their freshman year (Thomas Graham and Deommodore Lenoir)—they will be on an island, so take your shots. Backing them up are last year’s #1 corner recruit in the nation, freshman All-American Mykael Wright and 5* recruit Dontae Manning. We return all of our starting safeties—Rose Bowl d-MVP Brady Breeze, the guy he split time with Nick Pickett. Verone McKinley at FS, and our best DB—All American, Jevon Holland. Plus we add a former freshman A-A at Illinois, and two more 4* recruits.

Again, I am not saying you don’t have a chance, but Oregon will be the most talented team you have ever played. I would be extremely shocked if you wear down our d-line like so many predict here. Jonathan Taylor couldn’t run for 100 yards vs. us behind a line that had All-Americans. Not to mention, we don’t lose very often at home ...

Quote Originally Posted by charlestonduck View Post
    What ND State has accomplished is AMAZING, and if the Bison leave Autzen Stadium with a win, it will be well earned—not because they were overlooking your squad. Oregon fans expect a competitive contest, and to be perfectly frank, a win. Here is a long overview of the team you’ll be facing.

Oregon is not Iowa, Minnesota, or K-State. Simply put, we recruit at a whole different level than those teams, and have astronomically better facilities (designed to train athletes using the best technology available). Oregon is in the top 10 over the past 2 decades for wins.

On offense, we will be fine. Shough (former 4*) has looked really good when on the field, and has the confidence of the coaches and his teammates. Yes we lost 5 quality o-lineman, but the cupboard is far from bare. Anchoring the line is Penei Sewers (who won the Outland trophy as a true sophomore), and is projected as the #1 pick in next year’s draft. We also return the player that started and played well when Sewell was injured in 2018, Steven Jones (6-7, 354), Malaesala Aumavae-Laulu (6-6, 315), Jonah Tauanu’u (6-5, 335), Alex Forsyth (6-4, 305), Dawson Jamarillo (6-5, 315) & Chris Randazzo (6-6, 325)—all former 4* recruits we had the luxury of 4-game redshirting. Add in that we signed the #1 JC o-line recruit, that enrolled this month ... and I have no worries about our o-line.

We return all of our running backs, and add a 4* recruit to the mix there as well. We return 2/3 of our starting receivers, plus a lot of young talent (7 former 4* recruits on roster at WR) and a former 4/5* recruit that sat out last year as a transfer, and at least 1 4* recruit. Plus, our best TE will return from injury.

As good as we are projected to be on offense, we will be better on defense! Our d-line returns 3 starters, including 3 year starter Jordon Scott (6-1, 325), and starters Austin Faoliu and Kayvon Thibodeaux (6-5,240, former #1 recruit in the nation who lived up to his billing). We also return regulars from our rotation Popo Aumavae, DJ Johnson, Brandon Dorlus & Austin Faoliu. Plus 2 former 4* recruits that we were able to 4-game redshirt, and 4/5 stud recruits.

At linebacker, we lost a couple of starters, but we return a lot of talented backups that have lived up to their recruiting hype, speaking of recruits we add two 5* Justin Flowe and Noah Sewell and two 4* recruits.

In the secondary we return everyone, from a unit that was amongst the leaders in interceptions last year. Both our corners as former All-Americans that have started since their freshman year (Thomas Graham and Deommodore Lenoir)—they will be on an island, so take your shots. Backing them up are last year’s #1 corner recruit in the nation, freshman All-American Mykael Wright and 5* recruit Dontae Manning. We return all of our starting safeties—Rose Bowl d-MVP Brady Breeze, the guy he split time with Nick Pickett. Verone McKinley at FS, and our best DB—All American, Jevon Holland. Plus we add a former freshman A-A at Illinois, and two more 4* recruits.

Again, I am not saying you don’t have a chance, but Oregon will be the most talented team you have ever played. I would be extremely shocked if you wear down our d-line like so many predict here. Jonathan Taylor couldn’t run for 100 yards vs. us behind a line that had All-Americans. Not to mention, we don’t lose very often at home ...
    Good analysis of the Ducks
    The Bizon will show up, so they will tee it and play the game

Quote Originally Posted by bajadanny View Post
    Good analysis of the Ducks
    The Bizon will show up, so they will tee it and play the game
    I’m really pumped/anticipating this game. We will do more than show up. Ducks will not push us around like they did with the Griz this year. We will get into them with an attitude. We may not win and, if we don’t (or do for that matter) Ducks will be asking “why the eff did we schedule NDSU in front of tOSU”. This is gonna be a game, and we aren’t bowing to a program like the Ducks that have zero history compared to us. Bring it or show it<—guarantee that’s how our players will take the field.

If I was a Ducks fan, I’d be a bit concerned.

Go Bison!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Swaghook is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Going to be a long 8 months. We are making it a vacation trip spending a week after the game touring the west.