Page 306 of 390 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316356 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    First things first, if you’re coming to PDX before the game Loyal Legion in south East is a must stop. Everything you can imagine is on tap and it’s a super cool place. They carry most of the local and regional brews and its very central.

On the game, I totally understand the perspective of a third party spectator looking at Oregon losing a 1st round pick at quarterback and thinking it would obviously be detrimental. At face value I’d make that same assumption on any team Oregon was facing as well. However, the truth is whether or not it was because he was overrated, the OC sucked or any other reason he was no more than a game manager last year. For the unlimited arm talent he possesses he didn’t stretch the ball vertically and the play calling tendencies were heavily conservative esp in down and distance situations trying to make things easy for him.

Maybe JH goes the league gets better coaching and turns it around but this was an ongoing debate all year on our boards. He was not playing well basically all year and everyone had something else they blamed. He was bottom 5 in all of college football against the blitz among other damning statistics. His comp% was great but was heavily influenced by RPO and screen game.

There really is nowhere for our downfield passing attack to go but up just because of how bad it was last year. I’m terms of the defense it was objectively really good and it’ll be better this year. We finished 9th in sp+ defense last year which is an advanced statistical model that weighs strength of opponent in its algorithm and is efficiency based. It’s such a good indicator that ESPN bought it and is using it more often than their own model FPI. We are projected #2 in Sp+ defense going into 2020 based on returning production and recruiting.

The biggest unknowns for UO are interior OL where we already know one starter but there is a competition at center and one of the guard spots. QB, although, we have a decent sample of Tyler Shough and I personally saw about a half dozen closed practices last year including scrimmages and he is going to be very good. Defensively we replace one real starter and it’s Troy Dye at Will linebacker. We have a lot of returning experience and some ridiculous incoming talent that will be here for the spring game. ILB despite the loss of Dye will be a deep unit.

If you asked me to put my fandom aside and rank ever position group at Oregon on a scale of 1-7
    1 poor
    2 marginal
    3 adequate
    4 solid
    5 good
    6 very good
    7 elite/rare

4> you can expect to execute against good competition with consistency.
    QB 4-5
    RB 5
    TE 5
    WR 6
    OT 7
    OG 6
    OC 4-5

DE 7
    DT 6
    OLB 6
    ILB 6
    S 5
    C 6
    Nickel 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We need to develop depth at OLB/Stud. That’s my only issue on this defense. I have no doubt the cream will rise to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    Attachment 9252

ESPN gets it.
    List has Georgia on it so it’s automatically nullified

We need to develop depth at OLB/Stud. That’s my only issue on this defense. I have no doubt the cream will rise to the top.
    Funa was a co-starter, AJax back from injury, Thibodeaux plays it depending on front. Plus Ma’ae, Townsend, and Navarette.

Funa was a co-starter, AJax back from injury, Thibodeaux plays it depending on front. Plus Ma’ae, Townsend, and Navarette.

Right. I don’t think they move DJ to TE if they’re worried about depth. Funa and Thibodeaux with Jackson is a helluva rotation. It’s everyone else that is an unknown.

Oh, I was definitely wrong on Watson at first I’ll admit that. He’s a lot faster than I initially thought. The first games I saw of him he hadn’t gotten enough space to stretch out and stride and I saw him as more of a big body control guy. He’s much more than that. I was wrong.
    You’re learning. Must have watched the Montana State game like I suggested.

He’s not the reason NDSU ran the ball at will in the 2nd half. That was originally outside contain and the OLBs disappeared.
    Anything NDSU did to make them disappear or did they just decide to not okay well the second half?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    So if you're not responsible, it's okay if you don't make the tackle.

Ok, bro.
    I’d have to look at the specific play but it depends on leverage/contain responsibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Anything NDSU did to make them disappear or did they just decide to not okay well the second half?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I would say NDSU was clever in attacking the edges early in the game. That meant the A gap was there in the 2nd. That being said, I find Big 10 defenses are slow at the 2nd level. OSU was the lone exception.

I would say NDSU was clever in attacking the edges early in the game. That meant the A gap was there in the 2nd. That being said, I find Big 10 defenses are slow at the 2nd level. OSU was the lone exception.
    Wisconsin ran well at Linebacker. Baun and Orr were 2 of the best backers we saw this year.

Wisconsin ran well at Linebacker. Baun and Orr were 2 of the best backers we saw this year.

I was impressed with their defense this year. I still can’t believe how slow they were the first time around.