Page 383 of 390 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383384385 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,830 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Social distancing and not wanting hospitals to be overwhelmed were propaganda to get ppl inside.

Im getting a beer at a bar tonight. Its been too long.
    GrAnDmA kIlLeR

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I'll go right now. I'm under 80 and not in a nursing home

Now that I think about it, if Chapo went right now and got the virus, we would all be happy. He would be happy because he got to see the game. We would be happy because he got the virus.

Edit to say: Just kidding, sometimes I can't resist being drawn to his level of commentary and humor.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Who gives a crap about storylines.

The public is going to be so sports starved by the time fall rolls around they'd watch a bunch of fat third graders play dodgeball at recess.
    Storyline aside, the Week 1 Saturday slate of games is really pretty weak. Good chance this game, if played, gets a pretty good slot.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I see you are late to the party. We debunked this claim many pages ago. FYI the yearly flu deaths are just an estimate from the CDC, not actual counts like Covid is. The actual numbers over the past seven flu seasons are between 3,400ish and 17,500ish.

So abandon the FOX propaganda line.

Second I don't know where you live but here in Minnesota the curve is not flat yet. Our work is not done. North Dakota is a different story, there is nobody there. Go ahead and open it up.
    Oct 1st 2019 to April 2020 CDC est. flu deaths at 24000 to 62000

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden...-estimates.htm

As far as actual Covid deaths you can believe they are actual if you want.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I see you are late to the party. We debunked this claim many pages ago. FYI the yearly flu deaths are just an estimate from the CDC, not actual counts like Covid is. The actual numbers over the past seven flu seasons are between 3,400ish and 17,500ish.

So abandon the FOX propaganda line.

Second I don't know where you live but here in Minnesota the curve is not flat yet. Our work is not done. North Dakota is a different story, there is nobody there. Go ahead and open it up.
    Most informed people know that with the current criteria when in doubt medical personnel are counting all COVID possible deaths as COVID. The number is likely inflated a bit. Also, 2 or 3 years ago there were over 60,000 deaths from the flu.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    And by implementing permanent social distancing and work closures, we could reduce those deaths too.

If it saves just one life, right?
    And tracking tools

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 1st 2019 to April 2020 CDC est. flu deaths at 24000 to 62000

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden...-estimates.htm

As far as actual Covid deaths you can believe they are actual if you want.
    The key phrase there is "est. flu deaths"

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Most informed people know that with the current criteria when in doubt medical personnel are counting all COVID possible deaths as COVID. The number is likely inflated a bit. Also, 2 or 3 years ago there were over 60,000 deaths from the flu.
    Ha, ha. Did FOX tell you all that? Nonsense. Try again buckos.

Imagine, 60,000 flu deaths in a year and an ER doc at a very busy hospital who has been practicing for nearly a decade and who has never seen a single person die of the flu.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...es-to-oranges/

To save you some of your precious time so you can get back to FOX:

"The 25,000 to 69,000 numbers that Trump cited do not represent counted flu deaths per year; they are estimates that the CDC produces by multiplying the number of flu death counts reported by various coefficients produced through complicated algorithms. These coefficients are based on assumptions of how many cases, hospitalizations, and deaths they believe went unreported. In the last six flu seasons, the CDC’s reported number of actual confirmed flu deaths—that is, counting flu deaths the way we are currently counting deaths from the coronavirus—has ranged from 3,448 to 15,620, which far lower than the numbers commonly repeated by public officials and even public health experts."

Leave the political stuff for the COVID-19 timeline.

We're still holding off trying to get tickets for this game even though we would love to go.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    He means he'll take everything from others. Pretty common philosophy nowadays.
    Only to save that one life though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Social distancing and not wanting hospitals to be overwhelmed were propaganda to get ppl inside.

Im getting a beer at a bar tonight. Its been too long.
    Put it on my tab.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013