Page 225 of 390 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275325 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Packer fans can be mildly annoying if you happen to live in Minneapolis.

OTOH they do really make some very good cheese in Wisky. It's for real. Those Ellsworth Cooperative Creamery curds? Oh yeah baby. https://www.ellsworthcheese.com

And football players. They make some good ones of those too.
    Holy crap, I hadn’t been back (bunch of family there) in like 4 years and I had forgotten how good the food is. Everything gets cooked in butter. Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    You lost me at Adams. Plenty of talent. No one taught him anything about football.

This will be the difference in the game beyond talent.

The NDSU team’s weakest link could white board x and os with Adam’s and hold their own.

More importantly the team teaches conceptual football strategy.

NDSU has an identity. Kids understand why.

Oregon has a 2 year tough guy tradition.

Good luck.

I mean Adams played for an NFL OC his only year at Oregon and put up huge numbers in one of the most potent systems in CFB history.

Oh no! You guys have coaches who get paid to coach too? I had no clue. Tell me more about how a team that spends $2m a year on just its coordinators won’t have a cohesive plan to get aligned and play football.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

For those of you just showing up to this thread I’ll summarize for you.
    Oregon:
    Isn’t just any FBS team/program and have talent up and down the roster especially in the incoming recruiting class. Their defense has turned a corner and is more physical/dominant than in years passed. On offense they do lose 4 OL but replace them with talent that has seen some playing time. Herbert is no longer the QB and will use the next man up situation unless Oregon goes the transfer roughy sometime between now and Sep. It is a great program and will be the toughest opponent that we have ever placed. My opinion on the stars coming in for the class is that none of those kids have played a snap in college football yet but most likely are physically able to do so, mentally I guess time will tell.

NDSU:
    Isn’t just some FCS school/program! It is of my opinion right now that even with 63 scholarships NDSU could compete in the B1G and still not be the bottom dweller (note I didn’t say we would win or even be .500). NDSU returns A LOT of talent from last year on both sides of the ball. We don’t have the 4-5 star kids. We are a developmental program and build kids to be ready on the field over time. Execution and assignment sound football is what makes NDSU a tough program with physicality/conditioning driving the ship. Out young starters last year will be a year older and smarter.

In conclusion: This game will be entertaining to watch. We will be in awe a little bit of the capabilities of Oregon’s players. Oregon and it’s fans/players will come out very impressed with the style of play and never giving up attitude from NDSU. There will be no easy yards for either team. Both teams will represent well on a national scale. I don’t think we win this game but wouldn’t be completely shocked if we did.

Score:

Oregon 27

NDSU 17

I have spoken.

Oh and a Chapo hates Wisconsin.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    For those of you just showing up to this thread I’ll summarize for you.
    Oregon:
    Isn’t just any FBS team/program and have talent up and down the roster especially in the incoming recruiting class. Their defense has turned a corner and is more physical/dominant than in years passed. On offense they do lose 4 OL but replace them with talent that has seen some playing time. Herbert is no longer the QB and will use the next man up situation unless Oregon goes the transfer roughy sometime between now and Sep. It is a great program and will be the toughest opponent that we have ever placed. My opinion on the stars coming in for the class is that none of those kids have played a snap in college football yet but most likely are physically able to do so, mentally I guess time will tell.

NDSU:
    Isn’t just some FCS school/program! It is of my opinion right now that even with 63 scholarships NDSU could compete in the B1G and still not be the bottom dweller (note I didn’t say we would win or even be .500). NDSU returns A LOT of talent from last year on both sides of the ball. We don’t have the 4-5 star kids. We are a developmental program and build kids to be ready on the field over time. Execution and assignment sound football is what makes NDSU a tough program with physicality/conditioning driving the ship. Out young starters last year will be a year older and smarter.

In conclusion: This game will be entertaining to watch. We will be in awe a little bit of the capabilities of Oregon’s players. Oregon and it’s fans/players will come out very impressed with the style of play and never giving up attitude from NDSU. There will be no easy yards for either team. Both teams will represent well on a national scale. I don’t think we win this game but wouldn’t be completely shocked if we did.

Score:

Oregon 27

NDSU 17

I have spoken.

Oh and a Chapo hates Wisconsin.

Let me help simplify your summary:

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

I'll just put this here. Enjoy the comments section folks.

https://fishduck.com/2020/02/ducks-f...#disqus_thread

Somebody should let that one commenter know that K State was in fact a reigning Champion. Otherwise pretty correct.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post

Let me help simplify your summary:

A Hulk one have been better but I’ll take it.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I'll just put this here. Enjoy the comments section folks.

https://fishduck.com/2020/02/ducks-f...#disqus_thread

Somebody should let that one commenter know that K State was in fact a reigning Champion. Otherwise pretty correct.
    Take the analysis from the site with a grain of salt. The guy who runs the site and does the majority of the X's and O's work has some major nostalgia about the Chip Kelly days. He typically forms some pretty heavy, biased opinions and tends to die defending them.

See https://twitter.com/hythloday1?s=20 for what many Oregon fans think is better, more objective analysis.

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    I mean Adams played for an NFL OC his only year at Oregon and put up huge numbers in one of the most potent systems in CFB history.

Oh no! You guys have coaches who get paid to coach too? I had no clue. Tell me more about how a team that spends $2m a year on just its coordinators won’t have a cohesive plan to get aligned and play football.

NDSU has the same coaches. Same philosophy. Same tradition.

Bet your friend CAS has more rings than Oregon’s team combined, and he hasn’t played for a while.

Names may change.

Cant buy pride.

NDSU has been here before, many times. Has Oregon? How did it turn out?

I know how it has turned out for NDSU.

Was Oregon predicted to loose this magical Rose Bowl even?

I love this thread.

First, thanks to the Duck fans who are sticking this out. Just know that you're going to come up short in the end. Like our offensive and defensive lines, we have a rotating platoon of guys who will wear you down, no matter how good you are.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    I love this thread.

First, thanks to the Duck fans who are sticking this out. Just know that you're going to come up short in the end. Like our offensive and defensive lines, we have a rotating platoon of guys who will wear you down, no matter how good you are.
    Right? They have been sparring with me and as we all know I can't even make the scout team!