Page 136 of 390 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    It is hard to see much upside for Oregon in playing this little ole FCS team. They win comfortably, well they should. If it is close it raises all sorts of questions about a program that some fans think is God's gift to football. If by a punchers chance they lose, they really lose. Anyway it turns out be sure the $650,000 check doesn't bounce.
    You get right to the heart of it man. That is right though. Do we get that in advance? You know, just in case our guys misbehave. Again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    Desire doesn’t matter when the guy in front of you is bigger faster and stronger than you. Your interior OL has its you know what pushed in by JMU who had quick but undersized interior DL. That matchup is amplified by 10 against us. Hard work and desire can overcome a lot but if you think a 12-2 Oregon team doesn’t have a winning culture with hungry players who want to win you’re kidding yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    L O Fucking L.

You've clearly never played football beyond the 4th grade.

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I mean to tell you exactly that. Winning an MVFC title will net them a high seed in the 24 team playoff. That makes it more likely that they will ascend to and win the Championship game.

When College Gameday talks about the Bison on Saturdays, and they do that, they usually say “Winners of eight of the last nine FCS National Championships”. They never say “the team that beat Iowa in 2016”.

Holy shit.

please dont listen to this, Oregon fans. Oregon would be the best win in program history by a long long shot.

Absolutely not making any definitive statements about who will be better because I have no clue just saying that right now late Wentz> early Lance.

Way too early to compare the two.

Speaking of Carson, his professional WR corp is a good example that better talent isn’t always a strong indicator of how well they will perform game day.

Alshon Jeffery and Nelson Agholor were four and five star recruits respectively according to 247, but as professionals for the Eagles, are less reliable catching Carson’s passes than the receiving corp he had at NDSU.

Having talent is great, but with a sport that has 22 individuals on the field, there are more important variables to the game that determines the final outcome.

Hail the BISON!!!

What impact will that have on the 2020 matchup between Oregon and NDSU?
    nothing. some bison fans hold onto the past close to their chest...as if those players have any bearing on what happens on the field with totally different players.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Congratulations. Maybe this year you'll actually be able to accomplish something in the postseason.
    Like winning a playoff game? How about winning a Rose Bowl x3 in 10 years? Fiesta Bowl? Playing for the National Title?

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    L O Fucking L.

You've clearly never played football beyond the 4th grade.
    Let’s get a score prediction out of you big guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Way too early to compare the two.

Speaking of Carson, his professional WR corp is a good example that better talent isn’t always a strong indicator of how well they will perform game day.

Alshon Jeffery and Nelson Agholor were four and five star recruits respectively according to 247, but as professionals for the Eagles, are less reliable catching Carson’s passes than the receiving corp he had at NDSU.

Having talent is great, but with a sport that has 22 individuals on the field, there are more important variables to the game that determines the final outcome.

Um... they also play NFL defenses not FCS Defenses...

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Holy shit.

please dont listen to this, Oregon fans. Oregon would be the best win in program history by a long long shot.
    Oh? What’s the best one now?

Don't believe everything you think.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I understand that every team you play has you circled, I’m familiar with the feeling. And it’s also unrealistic to expect NDSU to beat everyone 45-10. Playing your best every week for 12-15 games is impossible. You’re going to have some butt puckers that you have to find a way to win ugly. Hell we lost one down @ ASU last year that was like that. First games are usually sloppy but they don’t have the lack of effort or focus that can happen on a given week in the regular season. Which is dangerous when every team on the schedule wants that game more than anyone else.

In regards to game preparation you would be surprised. Oregon has a huge football building with lots of analysts who do a ton of preliminary scouting of every opponent for the next year. They already started for 2020 and before spring ball they’ll get together with the staff and start to assemble preliminary game plans for next year.

To be honest NDSU plays a pretty vanilla scheme defensively, so it’s not like you need to prepare for a bunch of exotic looks basically everything is a cover 2 shell out of a 4 man front. Hardly any blitzes or pressures. Offensively I’m sure you guys will have more stuff ready for us than we do for you but we have a new coordinator who will be installing still likely by the time we play.

I hope I haven’t diminished the accomplishments of the NDSU program. What you guys have done is unreal, seriously special stuff. What we will see in September is how FCS dynasty matches up with what should be a top 10 FBS team that has championship pedigree as well (Pac-12 and Rose Bowl champs).

The Pac 12 is by far the weakest conference in P5 football, and how many times has Oregon won in in the last decade?

Stanford has owned your ass lately, and they have to get their players admitted to the best college west of the Mississippi before they can even officially recruit them to the team.