Page 129 of 390 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I don't think anyone here would deny that at all. Not sure why the need to say it.

The most talented team doesn't always win.
    Now don't go take away Da Ducks claim to fame. With how arrogant their fans are I have to believe their coaches and players think some of the same. All these stars tend to have their heads in the clouds.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    All very interesting chatter to be sure. You Ducks guys make some strong points about the inevitability of the game’s outcome given your immense talent advantage.

Here’s the thing though. All of the true freshmen on both sides of the ball will neither know a college football win nor a college football loss. Excepting them then the only players on the field who will know the difference will be on the Oregon sideline.

Here is another point that Kirk Ferentz tried to make to his squad back in ‘16. How many players on the Oregon sideline will be National Champions? None. Again excepting those true freshmen ALL of the players on NDSU sideline will be, some of them multiple times. They have been to big stages and they have put down the opposition. You can go ahead and calm yourself thinking that the sub-division diff makes that irrelevant. To that I say you should be glad your squad does not have you for a coach.

Oh and those guys we used to beat Iowa back in 2016? Turned out they weren’t good enough to win an FCS National Championship.

I am not qualified to speak to schemes and play designs etc. I’ll leave that to some of the former players and students of the game here. I am a bit of a student of the other parts though. You know they say that golf is played mainly between the ears. I think that is true for most sports to some degree and I most definitely think that is a huge part of the success of NDSU Football. One of the biggest advantages our team will bring to the game is right there on their uniforms for everyone to see.

Our guys also will come to the contest with nothing to lose. Well except for that 37 game winning streak, which likely means nothing at all to any of the players. As of today the 2020 Bison are 0-0, just like the Ducks.

I think despite all the paper mismatches our crew will find a way to make this coming game look a lot more like your recent Rose Bowl game than the one you played against your most recent FCS foe. Like everyone else here I am really excited for it and I am most appreciative to the Ducks for putting it on their schedule.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Oregon isn’t counting on True freshman anywhere. If they aren’t ready they don’t have to play. They’ll only play if they are really good. That’s why this roster is so good. A back to back top 10 class and we won’t need to play any of the new guys unless they are just that good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DuckDuckGriz View Post
    This is narrow thinking.
    This culture exists outside of Fargo, North Dakota.

And it certainly exists in the way Mario Cristobal works (offseason and on) and preaches to his team.
    It is why both the Bison and Ducks (2019 edition) get stronger as the game wears on.

You're right to have a chip on your shoulder but don't let it bleed into ignorance.

The goal of our team is also to compete for and win a national championship.
    Now, it's much less realistic IMO, but it is becoming their mindset.
    Well, you missed highlighting the most important part of what makes NDSU's program so competitive and successful over the years. Thanks OK, I figured you wouldn't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Now don't go take away Da Ducks claim to fame. With how arrogant their fans are I have to believe their coaches and players think some of the same. All these stars tend to have their heads in the clouds.
    They haven’t been arrogant at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Yes, I agree about Oregon being the best we will see, however that doesnt make it impossible to win. Trey Lance is the best college QB we've had for what it's worth. Id be less confident if we had a different QB.

The true matchup I am worried about is stopping the run up the middle and getting consistent pressure with our line. If we can also limit big plays, which we are good at, we will be in it in the 4th.
    Having watched 6 games of lance and probably 20 games of Wentz at NDSU Lance is not better than Wentz. He’s a better runner but that’s where that ends. Let’s not get carried away, Wentz was superior processor and passer (now that was RSfreshman Lance vs older Wentz) but it’s too early to say he’s better.

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    Having watched 6 games of lance and probably 20 games of Wentz at NDSU Lance is not better than Wentz. He’s a better runner but that’s where that ends. Let’s not get carried away, Wentz was superior processor and passer (now that was RSfreshman Lance vs older Wentz) but it’s too early to say he’s better.

Agree with that, hopefully Lance gets there, he's got 3 more years to hone his skills under one of the best college QB coaches anywhere.

I keep hearing about the talent gap......yes, Oregon has a bunch more talented players than the Bison. Seems many FBS fans only think about it this way. The reason NDSU will make this a good game, and possibly win it, is by playing with a greater desire to win, executing more consistently, playing with better teamwork (less individual celebratiion than typical FBS players), and never giving up at any time in the game due NDSU's long tradition of winning. The Bison on the field play for something greater than just the current team.
    Desire doesn’t matter when the guy in front of you is bigger faster and stronger than you. Your interior OL has its you know what pushed in by JMU who had quick but undersized interior DL. That matchup is amplified by 10 against us. Hard work and desire can overcome a lot but if you think a 12-2 Oregon team doesn’t have a winning culture with hungry players who want to win you’re kidding yourself.

Absolutely, and I understand the value the NDSU fan base places on the ability to step up and rise to the occasion. Historically at least recently you’ve done it every time and came out on top. I hope my posts didn’t come from a place of, “FCS rabble rabble, 4 star rabble rabble, P5 rabble rabble”. I was purely trying to add context. Frankly I don’t think this game should be very competitive. BUT it’s week one, things can be weird and sloppy and I 100% DO respect the competitive temperament and ability to rise to the occasion for NDSU. I’ve watched 3 games so far of 2019 NDSU and just see some very unfavorable matchups on the LOS that will be too much to overcome. Here is a little sample of what Penei Sewell brings to the table:

https://twitter.com/peneisewell58/st...140081157?s=21

You got through those last 3 games really fast!

Yeah, we heard about "playing for Family at Kansas State" until we scored 3 times in a row and had a 9 minute drive to close out and win the game. We heard about Iowas great D until we had them exhausted with hands on their hips in the fourth quarter and then scored a TD and field goal to win the game. Our D shut their running game down. So what do you know about Bison winning tradition?
    THAT KANSAS STATE TEAM WAS NOT GOOD. Say it with me. THAT IOWA OFFENSE WAS 80th in FBS. Say it with me.

Desire doesn’t matter when the guy in front of you is bigger faster and stronger than you. Your interior OL has its you know what pushed in by JMU who had quick but undersized interior DL. That matchup is amplified by 10 against us. Hard work and desire can overcome a lot but if you think a 12-2 Oregon team doesn’t have a winning culture with hungry players who want to win you’re kidding yourself.

Disagree with that and what's the deal with the 12-2 thing? That was so last year man.