Page 122 of 390 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Yeah, that was going to be my response as well. I can remember at least 78 wheel routes to Chase Morlock alone that resulted in TD's.
    Upon film review.....there was only 77! Purple
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Huh? We have scored several passing touchdowns out of Delta, to include wheel routes and seam routes, likely because opposing D’s have thought the exact same thing as you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    but for running?

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    The one where they did the spin-o-rama as pre-snap motion?
    I liked that play a little better than the halftime show. Those KC backs were more in sync than some of the dancers.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by charlestonduck View Post
    Southland conference? That’s funny. You are right the current playoff conference isn’t advantageous to our conference (4 teams for 5 conferences). The Pacific-12 teams play nine conference games (props to the B1G for doing likewise), while the ACC and SEC only play 8 (despite having more members)—remember our loss at ASU came last year the weekend of the annual SEC/SoCon challenge. We also play WAY more non-league games outside our footprint. We haven’t had ONE dominant team like Clemson or Oklahoma, so our teams don’t go unblemished through league play (our 2010 team was only team to ever go 9-0 in league play). Then there is the TV issues, East Coast/Southern bias issues (I live in South Carolina)—the perception of being a “soft” league.

All that said, only 6 teams have ever won playoff games: Clemson, Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Georgia and Oregon!
    FBS really should go to an 8 team playoff. 4 is immensely better than the old bcs farce, but 8 would give P5 autobids, a G5 and couple extras. It’s maybe not necessary (last few championships were between 2-3 teams thateveryone knew who they would be) but I think teams should get a shot to prove it and it would be fun viewing. I do think the Pac12 is a good conference where in conference attrition keeps teams out of the 4 team playoff but I also don’t think they have fielded a realistic contender for some time. Imo they have not had anyone that could knock off Clemson, Bama, LSU etc the last few years. They should get the opportunity to prove it though.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    FBS really should go to an 8 team playoff. 4 is immensely better than the old bcs farce, but 8 would give P5 autobids, a G5 and couple extras. It’s maybe not necessary (last few championships were between 2-3 teams thateveryone knew who they would be) but I think teams should get a shot to prove it and it would be fun viewing. I do think the Pac12 is a good conference where in conference attrition keeps teams out of the 4 team playoff but I also don’t think they have fielded a realistic contender for some time. Imo they have not had anyone that could knock off Clemson, Bama, LSU etc the last few years. They should get the opportunity to prove it though.
    I agree. But that would pretty much make the big bowls irrelevant. I don't see them allowing that.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Couldn’t they just incorporate those into the playoff like the orange bowl and such?
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Oh, NDSU will show up. A couple of things. Once Oregon’s coaches actually start prep for this game, they will notice our complex schemes on both O & D (yes, Ducks have those schemes too) and realize we are not Montana (who Ducks beat 30-3 or so this year). Ducks’ entire staff will realize we are no “ordinary” FCS team.

That said, on O, we/NDSU will HAVE to try to be creative, as in giving their D looks that require zone coverage over man, and or when Ducks are in man coverage, release a non-accounted for receiver via O play set (think Delta formation/12 set). There is no way we can just go straight up on Ducks in passing game.

In the run game, we just have to mix in both solid Power and Zone blocking without Ducks recognizing it pre-snap. With either blocking scheme, I’d like to see us give Bussey a chance to get loose. He is likely the only back we have that can outrun Ducks’ D—and yes he can for you Ducks naysayers.

We also need to be tight on special teams. Recall the high, fair-catch KO’s we did with Kansas State and Tyler Locket?? And we otherwise just have to be able to match special teams play and take that out of the equation. We’ll likely play a lot of starters on special teams to get that result.

Is it football season yet?
    Not to mention our O and D Lines are completely different than Montanas for the most part. More physical. I hate comparative scores, but we blew out Montana State. I think we do the same if had played the Grizz at home in the playoffs.

Grizz were down 14-0 with a chance to make it 14-3 late 2nd qt, missed and Ducks got a couple big plays to make it 21-0 right before half.

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/j6...-schedule.html

Hmmmm, Brillo not on their radar. I suppose their coaching staff won’t make that error unfortunately.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Not to mention our O and D Lines are completely different than Montanas for the most part. More physical. I hate comparative scores, but we blew out Montana State. I think we do the same if had played the Grizz at home in the playoffs.

Grizz were down 14-0 with a chance to make it 14-3 late 2nd qt, missed and Ducks got a couple big plays to make it 21-0 right before half.

I don't understand the comparative score logic.

It's like if I compared Oregon / NDSU a few years ago.
    NDSU beating 24-21 a KSU team, without its star player, that Oregon blasted 35-17 in the Fiesta Bowl the year prior.

That's not a valid comparison.

As a longtime NDSU fan and reader of Bisonville, I never felt the need to post until now. Listen, Oregon is going to be a different animal than what we have faced with the mid to low tier B1G teams over the years. Having watched almost every Oregon game for the last 10 years (my son went there and graduated in 2013) I feel confident in saying that if you think we will go into Autzen and intimidate and/or out-physical them you are mistaken. Over the years, we have had the good fortune of matching up well with the FBS teams we have played, but the type of athlete we will see next fall in Oregon is not going to be familiar to us. They are both very physical and very fast and play smart. They have future NFL first and second-round picks littered throughout their defense and probably the best left tackle in the last 10-15 years. Oregon compares to no one we have played before. They will be the best, most talent-rich team we have ever faced and are 2-3 deep at most positions. They are well-coached, have an intensely rigorous and regimented offseason training program and will be an extremely cohesive unit, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Look, I’m not saying this to let the air out of everyone’s tires, but we need to temper our expectations with this game because some of the talk I have read on here is pretty misguided and uninformed when it comes to the Ducks football team. As they are my adopted FBS team from the time my son was a freshman in 2009 I have followed them closely ever since, and even attended the Rose Bowl this past January. I am a member at one of their subscriber sites and this 120+ page thread is currently being discussed there as well, so rest assured the Bison won’t be overlooked.