Page 117 of 390 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    I have never, ever heard anyone list Oregon as a substantial home field advantage the way they describe places like Florida, LSU, Clemson, etc.
    They’re on it. Higher than Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by charlestonduck View Post
    With our home schedule: NDSU, Ohio State, Hawai’i, USC, Washington (most hated rival), Stanford and Arizona State, and high expectations for this season (should be PAC-12 favorites, legitimate chance of making playoffs again, will be ranked in Top 5-10)—we should set a record for season tickets.
    Damn..what a bad ass schedule to look forward to

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    It always amazes me how easy it is for a troll or two from another team to get under the skin of some on this board and how quickly our own start making asinine comments. It's a yearly tradition. Lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    This is every fanbase and board.

Btw, I got my undergrad at Bucknell, so bisonduck is unrelated to NDSU. It’s a cool mascot though.

It does worry me this is the first game of the year. I do think Oregon wears NDSU down with depth and the Oregon defense is so much bigger than NDSU’s.

Also, Oregon has some unicorns like Thibodeaux and Sewell as well as other freakishly large people that have no business moving as well as they do. I honestly think Thibodeaux might break a couple qbs next year with another year in weight training.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    This is every fanbase and board.

Btw, I got my undergrad at Bucknell, so bisonduck is unrelated to NDSU. It’s a cool mascot though.

It does worry me this is the first game of the year. I do think Oregon wears NDSU down with depth and the Oregon defense is so much bigger than NDSU’s.

Also, Oregon has some unicorns like Thibodeaux and Sewell as well as other freakishly large people that have no business moving as well as they do. I honestly think Thibodeaux might break a couple qbs next year with another year in weight training.
    I agree that the Ducks will simply have freaks at positions that aren't great matchups for NDSU. If you think you'll physically wear down an NDSU team you'll have to do more research. Never going to happen.

We aren't anywhere near as slow as any opposing fan base would like to believe we are but the Ducks most certainly will have better speed across the board. That could play into things where eventually one or two plays pop for Oregon but it won't be because of wearing down the Bison.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I agree that the Ducks will simply have freaks at positions that aren't great matchups for NDSU. If you think you'll physically wear down an NDSU team you'll have to do more research. Never going to happen.

We aren't anywhere near as slow as any opposing fan base would like to believe we are but the Ducks most certainly will have better speed across the board. That could play into things where eventually one or two plays pop for Oregon but it won't be because of wearing down the Bison.

Exactly. They will not wear us down. Athletic plays may carry the day, but no on wearing us down. May be the opposite—we don’t relent—>to anyone.

They’ll say that’s cute and all, but then they’ll see reality. This isn’t a good game for them to be going into tOSU the next week. They will lose one or both of these games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Montana had a miserable time trying to run on Oregon last season.

Only +8 net yards on 21 attempts (20 sack yards lost on 4 sacks). But, Montana was only 79th in all of the FCS in team rushing for the year.

NDSU was 4th in FCS rushing and will need to be able to move the ball on the ground against the Ducks in order to have a shot in this one. (setting up the air game and racking up some quality TOP to keep the high powered Ducks offense on the sidelines).

With the experienced O-Line, the huge capable stable of backs and Trey Lance, the Bison should be able to just that.

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Once Oregon’s coaches actually start prep for this game, they will notice our complex schemes on both O & D

That said, on O, we/NDSU will HAVE to try to be creative, as in giving their D looks that require zone coverage over man, and or when Ducks are in man coverage, release a non-accounted for receiver via O play set (think Delta formation/12 set).
    I’m curious if there’s anyone who could breakdown what those complex schemes on O and D are?

Why do you think they’ll need to be creative to be successful? I take that to mean the general scheme is complex but “simple” as in no misdirection?

Oregon used to to a lot of that sort of thing when they ran the zone read. It started out being simple but complicated due to misdirection but merged into Chip Kelly’s Blur offense where it was simple but became complex due to the speed in which it was run. FishDuck has some tremendous write ups about this “complex simplicity.”

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Montana had a miserable time trying to run on Oregon last season.

Only +8 net yards on 21 attempts (20 sack yards lost on 4 sacks). But, Montana was only 79th in all of the FCS in team rushing for the year.

NDSU was 4th in FCS rushing and will need to be able to move the ball on the ground against the Ducks in order to have a shot in this one. (setting up the air game and racking up some quality TOP to keep the high powered Ducks offense on the sidelines).

With the experienced O-Line, the huge capable stable of backs and Trey Lance, the Bison should be able to just that.

It should be Oregon’s best defense ever next year. They fill in Troy Dye’s spot and it’s top 5 FBS.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    It should be Oregon’s best defense ever next year. They fill in Troy Dye’s spot and it’s top 5 FBS.
    Oh, we know....we have heard that several times. Clearly, a daunting challenge for NDSU.

In 2016, Iowa was 16th in all of FBS that year allowing an average of 121 yards per game on the ground.

NDSU piled up 239 against the Hawkeyes that day. And Iowa managed only 34 net rushing yards.

All that I'm saying is that the Bison will need to be successful running the ball against the Ducks. And, historically, they have found a way to do so against the big schools.

2020...different players and coaches.....but, philosophy remains pretty much the same.

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Ode2Luke View Post
    I’m curious if there’s anyone who could breakdown what those complex schemes on O and D are?

Why do you think they’ll need to be creative to be successful? I take that to mean the general scheme is complex but “simple” as in no misdirection?

Oregon used to to a lot of that sort of thing when they ran the zone read. It started out being simple but complicated due to misdirection but merged into Chip Kelly’s Blur offense where it was simple but became complex due to the speed in which it was run. FishDuck has some tremendous write ups about this “complex simplicity.”
    Watch some film and do some googling. Many teams, including FBS and NFL run some of our schemes.

By creative, I mean we will have to flex our look to keep Duck’s D thinking and on heals. Again, just goodgle NDSU running game and Delta formation. There are lots of teams at all levels attempting to duplicate it. To do so takes major discipline and owning it. You’ll see. And I can tell you’re trying to bait me in to a debate. I’m just telling you it’s there. And while you’re looking at blocking schemes/running game complexities, watch down field for some Olinemen de-cleating unsuspecting DBacks. Can’t wait for our guys to lay out some Ducks—and that will happen.

And your last paragraph is what we will do if your D is stout up the middle. We, believe it or not, know and succeed at misdirection and jet sweeps, although I don’t like the latter against a team with more speed on D like the Ducks will have. I’d rather see zone-stretch handing of to RBs that pick a seam and take what’s there. And wear down the D with Oline putting helmets on people downfield—which, again, will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.