Page 36 of 390 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    Planning on going. Debating kids or not.

Hoping to play Bandon or Pacific Dunes "nearby" before the weekend game and then head up to Seattle afterward to visit a close friend of ours.
    If you can afford it, hire a caddy for each person in your group. Not only is it a long, tiring slog for 18 holes (particularly if you golf like me) but they're incredibly knowledgeable about the course and their entire job is to keep you having fun.

And, yes. Absolutely incredible golf...
    Insert something clever here...

Anyone else planning to drive to Eugene from ND? Little under 1300 miles each way. Lots of mountains on the drive but a lot more desolate wasteland to drive through. Anyone make the drive before?

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Anyone else planning to drive to Eugene from ND? Little under 1300 miles each way. Lots of mountains on the drive but a lot more desolate wasteland to drive through. Anyone make the drive before?
    Made the drive as a little kid with mom and dad but not as an adult. Looking at driving or taking the train, have not decided yet.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I've made the drive to Seattle a few times now. It's scenic Western MT to Spokane, which is good since you turn south shortly after to get to Eugene. Haven't driven that part before, though!

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    I've driven to Bend and Seattle a few times. Eastern OR and MT are pretty desolate but I still enjoy it. I like going through Bear Tooth Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I've driven to Bend and Seattle a few times. Eastern OR and MT are pretty desolate but I still enjoy it. I like going through Bear Tooth Pass.
    The last time I drove over the Bear Tooth Pass, I had to tell my wife to put a sack over her head and to keep her mouth shut !!! With her and 3 kids freaking out, the experience wasn't a lot of fun.

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    The last time I drove over the Bear Tooth Pass, I had to tell my wife to put a sack over her head and to keep her mouth shut !!! With her and 3 kids freaking out, the experience wasn't a lot of fun.
    You should drive it while hauling 9 horses and mules in a 26 ft trailer around 10 at night after having 8 quick cold ones in Red Lodge!
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    You should drive it while hauling 9 horses and mules in a 26 ft trailer around 10 at night after having 8 quick cold ones in Red Lodge!
    Clearly you survived it but in hindsight wouldn't you be tempted to put the four legged creatures out front and have them pull?

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Clearly you survived it but in hindsight wouldn't you be tempted to put the four legged creatures out front and have them pull?
    Probably not...knew that stretch of highway like the back of my hand. Probably went over it 4 to 5 hundred times both with and without livestock. Even knew the places up on top where I could pass Ma and Pa who were really freaked out when I would pass them pulling a big trailer.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Planning on driving. Thinking about renting a rv for a week or 2.

Lardsin must go!