Page 77 of 390 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Oregon has no championship pedigree. They are up right now, because the usual Pac 12 powers are down; USC, Stanford, and Washington.

They got beat by a middling Auburn team, and embarrassed by Arizona State, which... yeah.
    Stanford has won 3 conference titles this century. 5 total in the PAC 10/12 era.

Oregon has won 8 PAC 10/12 titles. Oregon played in two national titles in the last decade.

Washington won 9 PAC 10/12 titles. Washington has finished seasons ranked 6 times in this century. They've had seasons of 0-12 and 1-11.

If you want to claim they arent a blue blood like USC that's fair. If Washington and Stanford are PAC 12 powers, then Oregon certainly is, and I dont think I've ever rooted for Oregon in my life.

As for losing to Auburn, I can tell you another team who lost to Auburn...Alabama. I can tell you a team who only beat Auburn by 3 points...LSU. Losing to Auburn carries little if any shame. As for losing to Arizona State, they lost by 3 points on the road. These things happen.
    College of Business Alumnus

Maybe some foreshadowing of another upset of an FBS team ...... NDSU getting some love right now with replay of game against Iowa on ESPNU.

The ball is going to have to spend some time in the air for the bison to win. This is where Trey is going to some national attention. Might as well line up three wide and go for it. Lets help him get that big chunk of change in the future.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Maybe some foreshadowing of another upset of an FBS team ...... NDSU getting some love right now with replay of game against Iowa on ESPNU.
    Who would you bet on in the animal world: Bison bison or Anas platyrhynchos? Just sayin'.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Stanford has won 3 conference titles this century. 5 total in the PAC 10/12 era.

Oregon has won 8 PAC 10/12 titles. Oregon played in two national titles in the last decade.

Washington won 9 PAC 10/12 titles. Washington has finished seasons ranked 6 times in this century. They've had seasons of 0-12 and 1-11.

If you want to claim they arent a blue blood like USC that's fair. If Washington and Stanford are PAC 12 powers, then Oregon certainly is, and I dont think I've ever rooted for Oregon in my life.

As for losing to Auburn, I can tell you another team who lost to Auburn...Alabama. I can tell you a team who only beat Auburn by 3 points...LSU. Losing to Auburn carries little if any shame. As for losing to Arizona State, they lost by 3 points on the road. These things happen.
    Sandbagging already, huh?

Still waiting to hear about all those national championships they've won.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Championships or not, if we beat them they will easily be our best fbs scalp unless they went on to have a terrible year

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Championships or not, if we beat them they will easily be our best fbs scalp unless they went on to have a terrible year
    Bison Effect?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by shorthairsrus View Post
    The ball is going to have to spend some time in the air for the bison to win. This is where Trey is going to some national attention. Might as well line up three wide and go for it. Lets help him get that big chunk of change in the future.
    We are going to have to play keep away if we are going to win and that means a good ground game. Look how we beat the last two P5 teams. K-State 215 yards rushing, 36 minutes TOP--Iowa 239 and almost 37 minutes. As much as I like Trey winning the game has to come before worrying about a big payday down the road.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I have never heard that before, prior to a P5 game.

Never.

Sandbagging?

Lack of titles?

I cant tell if you are trolling or if you are just an idiot. So I'm torn between congratulating you or feeling bad for you.

Oregon is the defending PAC champions. They've been good power 5 program for a pretty decent chunk of time. They will more likely than not be a pretty good football team next season.

Winning national championships generally involves a lot of luck or a ridiculous amount of talent or both.

Ohio State has won two titles in the last 40 years.
    Michigan has won 1 in the last 72 years.
    Notre Dame has won 0 in the last 32 years.
    Oklahoma has won 1 since the 80's.
    Texas has won 1 since 1970.
    College of Business Alumnus