Page 116 of 390 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by DuckDuckGriz View Post
    I've had a few disagreements here.

But I can't promise we won't have some troll douches on our side either.

Especially when we get closer to fall.
    It always amazes me how easy it is for a troll or two from another team to get under the skin of some on this board and how quickly our own start making asinine comments. It's a yearly tradition. Lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DuckDuckGriz View Post
    I don't disagree that NDSU over ASU would not be the biggest upset of all time.
    But I have a hard time believing that, outside of talent, NDSU is anywhere near a program like ASU.
    Especially when you consider facilities, fan support, exposure, etc.

Then when we get into the consistent level of competition - I'll re-hash the FCS vs FBS argument that you're all tired of hearing, but can't be proven unless you play FBS every week, which you can't.
    I think if you look at Sagirin ratings, you’re incorrect, NDSU would be favored on a neutral field at least.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I'm not used to having so many new users try to get on the board this time of year, but I just checked and there were a ton of new users waiting for final approval... almost all of whom are Duck fans. I'd ask you to be as polite as you can be... and, failing that, at least be amusing.

There are a couple NDSU fans (or supposed NDSU fans) really trolling the hell out of Duck fans on Twitter right now so I'm expecting them to be coming in hot.
    Hail the BISON!!!

people are sooooo sensitive. I remember the good old days when we used to actually talk about football.

I can't wait for this game. Great stadium and atmosphere from everything I hear. Oregon will be the best team NDSU has ever faced and NDSU is clearly the underdog. My heart says there is a chance and not to count NDSU out but my head says Oregon wins this one. My hope is for a competitive game where NDSU at least makes it interesting and makes Oregon play all four quarters. I do think that is possible and I'll be surprised if NDSU gets completely blown out. I'm just not expecting a win (it's been awhile since I could say that going into a NDSU football game )
    Last edited by Gully; 02-03-2020 at 11:22 PM.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    people are sooooo sensitive. I remember the good old days when we used to actually talk about football.

I can't wait for this game. Great stadium and atmosphere from everything I hear. Oregon will be the best team NDSU has ever faced and is clearly the underdog. My heart says there is a chance and not to count NDSU out but my head says Oregon wins this one. My hope is for a competitive game where NDSU at least makes it interesting and makes Oregon play all four quarters. I do think that is possible and I'll be surprised if NDSU gets completely blown out. I'm just not expecting a win (it's been awhile since I could say that going into a NDSU football game )
    I co-sign all of this.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Will there even be any students on campus before Labor Day?

I lived near Portland for 19 years and am looking forward to this game. As someone mentioned earlier, the weather in late summer/early fall in western Oregon is as good as you will find anywhere in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by charlestonduck View Post
    Largely design, it sits below ground level (rare in a city with no basements, due to high water level), the stadium is a complete bowl, the fans are right on top of the action (no bad seats), plus it has the sky boxes on the north side and the roof on the south side (designed to reverberate the sound back towards the field) ... then it is the reputation itself—which pressures even the old fogies into being loud ... or as us homers will say, “intelligent fan base.”

This stated, every year our student section sucks more and more—arriving late, leaving early, and not bothering to pick up tickets for the 2-3 games before the quarter starts.
    It's OK to not be OK.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I think if you look at Sagirin ratings, you’re incorrect, NDSU would be favored on a neutral field at least.
    If the 63 scholarship Bison played a G5 schedule and definitely a P5 schedule I doubt their Sagarin rating is as high. On any given day the Bison could beat many FBS teams and would be challenging the top third of most G5 conferences with the current roster.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Default NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post

I can't wait for this game. Great stadium and atmosphere from everything I hear. Oregon will be the best team NDSU has ever faced and NDSU is clearly the underdog. My heart says there is a chance and not to count NDSU out but my head says Oregon wins this one. My hope is for a competitive game where NDSU at least makes it interesting and makes Oregon play all four quarters. I do think that is possible and I'll be surprised if NDSU gets completely blown out. I'm just not expecting a win (it's been awhile since I could say that going into a NDSU football game )
    Oh, NDSU will show up. A couple of things. Once Oregon’s coaches actually start prep for this game, they will notice our complex schemes on both O & D (yes, Ducks have those schemes too) and realize we are not Montana (who Ducks beat 30-3 or so this year). Ducks’ entire staff will realize we are no “ordinary” FCS team.

That said, on O, we/NDSU will HAVE to try to be creative, as in giving their D looks that require zone coverage over man, and or when Ducks are in man coverage, release a non-accounted for receiver via O play set (think Delta formation/12 set). There is no way we can just go straight up on Ducks in passing game.

In the run game, we just have to mix in both solid Power and Zone blocking without Ducks recognizing it pre-snap. With either blocking scheme, I’d like to see us give Bussey a chance to get loose. He is likely the only back we have that can outrun Ducks’ D—and yes he can for you Ducks naysayers.

We also need to be tight on special teams. Recall the high, fair-catch KO’s we did with Kansas State and Tyler Locket?? And we otherwise just have to be able to match special teams play and take that out of the equation. We’ll likely play a lot of starters on special teams to get that result.

Is it football season yet?
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

A G5 Schedule? Ooh, scary! Here’s Ohio U schedule last year, a tropical G5.

Non- Conf:
    Rhode Island FCS
    Pitt P5
    Louisiana G5
    Marshall G5

8 MAC conference Games

Forgive me, but G5 scheduled wouldn’t be much of a stretch.

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

It's hard to win at a P5 team's place. Just ask P5 teams.

Longest road win streaks against P5 teams:

Clemson: 12
    Ohio State: 7
    LSU, Georgia, and NDSU: 5
    Baylor: 4
    Utah and USC: 3