Page 352 of 390 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by SafeTeeJ View Post
    Oregon has a track program? Is it any good?
    Huh, the things you learn on Bisonville...
    Are you the guy who posted about not ever hearing of Autzen Stadium as being a tough place to play?

Long before football, Eugene is, “Tracktown USA.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ode2Luke View Post
    Are you the guy who posted about not ever hearing of Autzen Stadium as being a tough place to play?

He was being sarcastic. We're not too bad in track ourselves and have sent many a runner and thrower to Eugene over the past decade for nationals.

Sadly not this year, of course.

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

I just posted a response over on the DucksAttack forum. Thought it may be worth sharing here as well:

Quote Originally Posted by lukeyrid13
    It's interesting the NDSU perspective on games 6-7 years ago pertaining to today. 6-7 years ago Marcus Mariota and a top 3 Ducks team would have destroyed NDSU and put up 59 points on a Heisman winning QB in the Rose Bowl. None of those players will be playing for either team.
    Quote Originally Posted by thebootiftter
    You're right. You may have hit on a key difference that defines the NDSU program. It may sound cheesy to an outsider, but the Bison are about far more than the individual players on the field at any given point in time. There is a culture that transcends the skills of any individual player. A legacy that is far more than clichéd lip service that the team is greater than the sum of its parts.

I'm certain this post will be scoffed, and I'm okay with that. It's tough to understand from an outsider perspective.

The players who played in those games long ago won't be on the field, but they absolutely have an impact on how this game will go. They are legends in Bison lore, and the current generation of players will not let down the players who came before.

Believe it or not, that culture is a big part of what has made the NDSU Bison the winningest college football team of the past decade. It is a big part of why they can consistently punch above their weight class.

NDSU very well may fall short on the scoreboard, which would be a big bummer. It's happened before against far lesser teams than Oregon will field, for sure. There are no moral victories either. Even a strong showing against Oregon with fewer points on the board will be a loss, not a win. But you won't see the team give up.

Laugh at this post all you like. All I ask is that when the Bison punch the Ducks in the mouth harder than they expected... Maybe even give the Ducks a scare... Maybe even end the game with more points on the board... You don't chalk it up to a fluke. Remember this post and take a closer look at the toughest FCS program in history. It's a fun program to follow.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode2Luke View Post

Oh yeah I kind of remember now. You're the Reebok school. Or was it easy striders? If their not Tony lamas I don't really care anyways.
    Last edited by scottietohottie; 03-14-2020 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Grammar

Lardsin must go!

Good luck in ND everyone. It’s terrible but at least this happens during baseball season.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Oh yeah I kind of remember now. Your the Reebok school. Or was it easy striders? If their not Tony lamas I don't really care anyways.
    Saucony I think. Or is it Roos?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Had a really good long distance runner. Brian Fantana I believe. New balance.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Saucony I think. Or is it Roos?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    KangaRoos were the best!

Hail the BISON!!!

Anyone ever Google duck dynasty?

Lardsin must go!

5Dimes has started to post Week 1 lines. NDSU-Oregon is not up yet.

FoxBet has Ohio St -2.5 at Oregon.