Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What happens to NCAA football after Covid19?

Default What happens to NCAA football after Covid19?

What programs loosing money consistently will drop football coming out of this thing? Is it just the excuse they have wanted for years?

What would that do to the levels of NCAA football? Will conference rules change/attendance?

What would it do to the MVFC? The MAC? BIG12? Super Conferences?

Where will NDSU fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: What happens to NCAA football after Covid19?

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    What programs loosing money consistently will drop football coming out of this thing? Is it just the excuse they have wanted for years?

What would that do to the levels of NCAA football? Will conference rules change/attendance?

Where will NDSU fit?

I've actually been thinking this too. I believe this is happening across all industries. OF course there are many legit changes that where the direct cause of COVID but there has to be others that are linked to COVID that in reality the timing just made it easier to pull the trigger.

It is devastating the economy and possible it takes years to recover. Even if sports are played, attendance will be down and likely donations.

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post

Where will NDSU fit?

With many non P5 DI conferences petitioning the NCAA to lower the limit on the amount of sports they must field in order to remain DI eligible for the next few years, I would say it is going to be a mess. Then add in this discussion from Pat McAfee, there's a chance the NCAA becomes nonexistent in the next decade:

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    With many non P5 DI conferences petitioning the NCAA to lower the limit on the amount of sports they must field in order to remain DI eligible for the next few years, I would say it is going to be a mess. Then add in this discussion from Pat McAfee, there's a chance the NCAA becomes nonexistent in the next decade:

Interesting video I think NDSU is a power school based on the criteria they put forth in this.

Intriguing but I doubt this amounts to much. I can only see the p5 breaking away from g5 but not the ncaa. What would you do with your other sports? If the NCAA tells the p5 schools to pound sand because they don’t feel like paying for cal bears trip to Arizona st for women’s volleyball, then what’s the point of a new football league if you’re going to be paying for all of that other shit now.

Too many hoops to jump through to ever make it work.

I doubt it is the NCAA telling the P5 conferences to go pound sound but the other way around. If the P5 conferences break off into their own organization, the NCAA is dead financially as we know it. With the P5 conferences already taking in the $1 billion of TV revenue for Football, they stand to take the $1 billion of TV revenue the NCAA gets for Men's Basketball. That's a lot of TV revenue for just 65 schools.

If the P5 conferences were to go their own way, they could also decide on their own to only field Football and Men's Basketball for men's sports while having Women's Basketball and whatever women's sports will help them meet Title IX requirements. That's a huge cut in their athletic departments' expenditures.

For the rest of the FBS schools (G5 conferences) in the NCAA, I imagine they will learn how to function with budgets similar to NDSU's as there will no longer be a need for them to try to keep up with the "big boys."
    Hail the BISON!!!

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If the NCAA goes away, it will be the beginning of the end for college sports.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    If the NCAA goes away, it will be the beginning of the end for college sports.
    It has already started with the student athletes being able to profit from the image/likeness.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

I will never forgive China.