Page 382 of 390 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,820 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Bison View Post
    TIL contracting a viral respiratory disease is manly.
    What I have learned is diseases have taken many lives over the course of human life on this planet, especially plagues and pandemics, but to think all of the sudden mankind is smarter and can somehow drastically minimize the impact by shuttering in our homes and destroying our economies is a joke. Just think of all the indirect causes of death will result because of what is being done that will affect us for years to come.......more obesity, heart attacks, mental illness, suicides, murders, etc.

Not sure if this is even an option, could the game be moved to a neutral field? Missoula/Boise the night before, or Thursday? If those cities/schools allowed it. Could be a compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    What I have learned is diseases have taken many lives over the course of human life on this planet, especially plagues and pandemics, but to think all of the sudden mankind is smarter and can somehow drastically minimize the impact by shuttering in our homes and destroying our economies is a joke. Just think of all the indirect causes of death will result because of what is being done that will affect us for years to come.......more obesity, heart attacks, mental illness, suicides, murders, etc.
    You get an economic crisis either way. Sweden is evidence of that.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

If you want to stay home stay home. Don't tell someone else they should lose everything because you want to stay home.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    We lose tens of thousands of Americans EVERY YEAR to the regular flu. You don't see us crippling the economy and putting tens of millions out of work for that.

Time to open up the damn country. We flattened the curve. It worked. Let's be done now.
    I see you are late to the party. We debunked this claim many pages ago. FYI the yearly flu deaths are just an estimate from the CDC, not actual counts like Covid is. The actual numbers over the past seven flu seasons are between 3,400ish and 17,500ish.

So abandon the FOX propaganda line.

Second I don't know where you live but here in Minnesota the curve is not flat yet. Our work is not done. North Dakota is a different story, there is nobody there. Go ahead and open it up.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I see you are late to the party. We debunked this claim many pages ago. FYI the yearly flu deaths are just an estimate from the CDC, not actual counts like Covid is. The actual numbers over the past seven flu seasons are between 3,400ish and 17,500ish.

Second I don't know where you live but here in Minnesota the curve is not flat yet. Our work is not done. North Dakota is a different story, there is nobody there. Go ahead and open it up.

Careful, someone is going to try to fight you at a home game.

And it's going to be me if you don't start giving better stock tips.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    If you want to stay home stay home. Don't tell someone else they should lose everything because you want to stay home.
    Yeah, that’s not how it works. Nice try though.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post

And by implementing permanent social distancing and work closures, we could reduce those deaths too.

If it saves just one life, right?

Social distancing and not wanting hospitals to be overwhelmed were propaganda to get ppl inside.

Im getting a beer at a bar tonight. Its been too long.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Social distancing and not wanting hospitals to be overwhelmed were propaganda to get ppl inside.

Im getting a beer at a bar tonight. Its been too long.
    Right on, brother. only reason I'm not is because the local bar hasn't gotten fresh kegs in. As soon as they do, I'm closing that place down.