Page 18 of 390 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by LongLostAlum View Post
    This game is great for me, just a 7 hr. drive to Eugene. Just got back from there last weekend for my first trip into OR. Oregon is a gawd awful place imo, worse than driving across Nebraska. Shotuld be a great game though, and a great atmosphere to watch a football game. The game might be a good recruiting tool for NDSU the next few years as well.
    Eastern Oregon is arid but everything in and west of the cascades is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Eastern Oregon is arid but everything in and west of the cascades is beautiful
    Yeah, I probably overstated it a bit, although the trip through northern CA was a lot more scenic than the trip north I-5 into Eugene and Portland. The economy in Oregon seemed pretty stale and frozen in time to me.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    For your information, most of us don't respect any FCS teams. They have to earn it.

Likewise, I don't expect Duck fans to give us even a smidgen of respect. Relatively speaking, we are not in their stratosphere.
    Thank you for making my point. Don't be on here whining (not you, just in general) about a fan base not giving/showing respect.

Quote Originally Posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    Thank you for making my point. Don't be on here whining (not you, just in general) about a fan base not giving/showing respect.
    And yet, here you are. Curious.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Did I do that respectfully enough?
    Attached Images Attached Images

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well as long as this silly argument is already happening...NDSU has already earned the right to be respected across college football but they have not earned the right to be feared by a team like Oregon. Oregon has earned the right to be respected and feared by pretty much everyone. To some degree however, it has to be maintained each season. Now use your fan powers and go get the rabbits to earn a degree national respect by beating the Jayhawks.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by LongLostAlum View Post
    Yeah, I probably overstated it a bit, although the trip through northern CA was a lot more scenic than the trip north I-5 into Eugene and Portland. The economy in Oregon seemed pretty stale and frozen in time to me.
    Well, luckily for all involved, you left. Since you didn't like it, please don't come back. Anyone who judges a place based on their freeway experience is clearly retarded. Also, I haven't the foggiest idea what you mean by your view of the economy. As a business owner in a forward thinking city, you could not be further misinformed.

Just stay away please.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Well, luckily for all involved, you left. Since you didn't like it, please don't come back. Anyone who judges a place based on their freeway experience is clearly retarded. Also, I haven't the foggiest idea what you mean by your view of the economy. As a business owner in a forward thinking city, you could not be further misinformed.

Just stay away please.
    Thank you for reconfirming my opinion of Oregon. It is people like you that make it the gawd awful place that it is. I've known a number of Oregonians themselves who have left your state, Eugene specifically, and they told me that the moment they crossed south of the Oregon border, it was like entering a whole new and better world. So one doesn't have to be from out-of-state to recognize the social/political/economic pitifulness of your state, many who live there know it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    And yet, here you are. Curious.
    I'm just saying how ironic it is. That is all I'm pointing out.

We enjoyed our 19 years in Oregon and there are far more people moving up from California than the other way around. The Willamette valley is the main farming area as it's mostly flat so it's not the most scenic drive -- not much different than driving from Wahpeton to Grand Forks only there are hills off in the distance and a few volcanoes you can see on a clear day.
    It's OK to not be OK.