Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    great we already overlooked Drake...
    I’m taking over their bulletin board

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    And we had Mertens for 2 years and followed it up with a year experimenting with Jose before Brock really was healthy and stuck.

There are 100+ FBS schools. Try and name 10 that CONSISTENTLY recruit better QBs. I can't.
    Herbert is their recruit, but they had 2 that were grad transfers before that. Dakota Prukup and Vernon Adams. Mariota before that was obviously a recruiting home run.

Their QB, whoever it is, will likely be pretty stinkin good
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Introducing Oregon's 2020 football schedule

2019 record / Postseason: 16-0 (8-0) / Beat James Madison to become NCAA FCS Champions

Analysis: The Bison might be an FCS school, but in 2019 the were the very best FCS school. This is not an easy warm-up game for the Ducks. Oregon will undoubtedly be favored in this one. Yet, they'll also be undoubtedly challenged. Even with a talent advantage, NDSU has a champions mentality, and has not lost a football game since Nov. 14, 2017. That's right, the Bison, who've won three straight FCS titles, have won 37 straight games.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Oregon has no championship pedigree. They are up right now, because the usual Pac 12 powers are down; USC, Stanford, and Washington.

They got beat by a middling Auburn team, and embarrassed by Arizona State, which... yeah.

No they will beat us 55-3. We are just FCS you guys. Go ahead and start preppin for Ohio State. Most important game of season.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Oregon has no championship pedigree. They are up right now, because the usual Pac 12 powers are down; USC, Stanford, and Washington.

They got beat by a middling Auburn team, and embarrassed by Arizona State, which... yeah.
    Lol what? They ARE one of the Pac12 powers and have been for some time even though they had a short lull. They are the best PAC team of the last decade plus followed by Stanford and usc and company aren’t even close. And just getting to the FBS championship game is a bigger accomplishment than winning an fcs title and theyve done that twice

west coast sissies, smack them in the mouth, wear them down. game. blouses.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I will do no such thing. Our season ended 3 days ago, there was a week ago. It’s not a matter of overhyping an up coming opponent, it’s ignoring the first opponent on the schedule that could derail their entire season. It shows what some may already know and that their fans attitude towards their game with us is an afterthought and will ultimately reflect on the mindset of the Oregon players.
    Man, some people read into fan message boards far too much. I'm sorry you are hurt that they arent going to be talking about the NDSU game for the next 8 months or whatever. I'm sure in the couple weeks before the game they'll have some discussion about it.

ND hosts Clemson next November. They kick off the season in Dublin vs. Navy and also play Wisconsin in Lambeau, I'll let you take a guess which game the fans are looking most forward to. I'll even give you a hint...preseason #1 or #2 team coming to South Bend.
    College of Business Alumnus

There is an awful lot of bravado going on about this game. I think we have a punchers chance, but things are not going to be as easy as smacking them in the mouth.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    There is an awful lot of bravado going on about this game. I think we have a punchers chance, but things are not going to be as easy as smacking them in the mouth.
    Yeah, smacking them in the mouth will only be the start if we can find a way to win....