Page 350 of 390 FirstFirst ... 250300340348349350351352360 ... LastLast
Results 3,491 to 3,500 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Why straight up and no spread, are you afraid your ducks can't cover?
    I wouldn’t bet the spread.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    I wouldn’t bet the spread.
    Are you a chicken or a duck?

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    I'd bet $20 straight up W/L for fun. I'm guessing that may be too small potatoes for you, though. Let me know. Happy to oblige.

Someone at Ducks Attack was proclaiming how great it will be to put us in our place by winning 56-7. I offered $1000 against his predicted 49-point spread. He didn't bite. Probably wise.

Realistically, I think the Bison likely have a 10-20% chance to win. Maybe closer to 10% with Cox gone. Roughly one game out of ten. If you could capture all the variables that might affect the outcome and plug them into a supercomputer to run unlimited simulations, that's probably where it would end up. The fun part about being a Bison fan lately is that the one game they actually play on the field often ends up being the one in ten where they score more points.
    I'll do $20 on straight up, gentleman's bet?

And I wouldn't bet this game on the spread for three reasons:

1. NDSU is a really good team, and I haven't been shy about saying that. I don't know what the spread will be, but with the style of football y'all play I don't think it lends itself to a shoot-out.

2. Cristobal's Ducks are not great against the spread. They are content to grind it out instead of getting fancy. Some of the blowouts last year, like 77-6 against Nevada or 45-3 against Colorado were more the result of the other team not being able to do against the second and third stringers getting game reps.

3. The Ohio State game looms large. Not one is going to overlook NDSU, but if the Ducks have the lead they're not going to be opening up the playbook and getting fancy.

Previously I mentioned that it is difficult to see the video board from the visitor's section. Good news! They're building one on the other side of the stadium. It will the biggest one in all of college football by a healthy margin. 186 feet by 66 feet. 12,276 square feet which will be 1,400 bigger than Auburn's. We may not beat Auburn on the field, but we'll build a bigger screen. Out of curiosity I looked up Fargodome's video boards, and the big ones are 100' by 30'.

It should be ready for the season opener, along with a new sound system. Article with renderings: https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/202...n-stadium.html

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RatherBeYachting View Post
    Previously I mentioned that it is difficult to see the video board from the visitor's section. Good news! They're building one on the other side of the stadium. It will the biggest one in all of college football by a healthy margin. 186 feet by 66 feet. 12,276 square feet which will be 1,400 bigger than Auburn's. We may not beat Auburn on the field, but we'll build a bigger screen. Out of curiosity I looked up Fargodome's video boards, and the big ones are 100' by 30'.

It should be ready for the season opener, along with a new sound system. Article with renderings: https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/202...n-stadium.html
    Keep focusing on the important things, fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    NDSU wouldn’t need luck against Ohio State

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To lose by 45? We know

Quote Originally Posted by RatherBeYachting View Post
    I'll do $20 on straight up, gentleman's bet?

And I wouldn't bet this game on the spread for three reasons:

1. NDSU is a really good team, and I haven't been shy about saying that. I don't know what the spread will be, but with the style of football y'all play I don't think it lends itself to a shoot-out.

2. Cristobal's Ducks are not great against the spread. They are content to grind it out instead of getting fancy. Some of the blowouts last year, like 77-6 against Nevada or 45-3 against Colorado were more the result of the other team not being able to do against the second and third stringers getting game reps.

3. The Ohio State game looms large. Not one is going to overlook NDSU, but if the Ducks have the lead they're not going to be opening up the playbook and getting fancy.
    Sounds good. Let me know if you'll be at the game and I'd be happy to buy you a beer so you don't feel as bad about losing $20. :-p

I have lived in Seattle for several years, but just recently moved to central Washington across the pass. I've already got my tickets and absolutely heading down for the game. (Unless they don't allow fans due to the global pandemic of COVID-19. But I hear that in April, all that will magically disappear anyway. Ha ha!)

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

PSA for all the jock-sniffing Duck fans here—> https://twitter.com/shanelemieux/sta...250017282?s=21

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    PSA for all the jock-sniffing Duck fans here—> https://twitter.com/shanelemieux/sta...250017282?s=21

That’s neat.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    That’s neat.
    I guess, as long as “neat” = pathetic. Let alone that there is obviously a market for this. Do you guys show this kinda stuff off in your tailgate lots?

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.